Lottery?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lottery?

Let's say you won a huge PowerBall Lottery?

What are some things you would buy and.....what would you do with the rest of your time here?

Assuming you will manage it well enough to last your lifetime of course.

Well?

J.C.

Re: Lottery?

If I won a really big one. I would buy an island and declare war on the U.S.A.
    Set up a strong defense with Pineapples and coconuts with a hint of rum of coarse and sit back and collect all the benefits of extra billions from the United States trying to be my friend. Your all welcome to visit No Visa needed just bring Rum
    Rod
    MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
    Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
    http://unclognh.com
    http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

I would spend all my time on the Internet posting silly questions everywhere. But, I would be so rich that I wouldn't have to answer any.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Instantly buy a Ford Crew Cab Diesel.

Comment

I'm gonna take care of every person who helped me along.

And every one who take advantage of my good intentions... will watch and get nothing.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

i would give my 2 plumbing trucks & some dynomite to Dunbar and watch the kentucky sky fireworks from my ohio retirement home!!

Comment

I'd leave really big tips at Red Lobster.

Comment

i would get a house in Maine ,give some money to people i know that can use it , go out west and see Plumber Rick Jo Jo and phoebe for a week .
                and invest some save the rest
                Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Such money is rather incomprehensible to me. Fact is, "money" has never really meant all that much, I just want to do what I do, try to be a better person (lots of room for improvement), and have enough money to not worry about loosing our home or worry about our family or their future.

I like most people, so my wife and I would probably just continue to be charitable... only with such a lottery winning, we'd no doubt be a lot more charitable! Problem is though, I think I'd want to just keep our winnings a secret and to go along with that, I'd probably just want to continue to live the way we do. A new home would be nice, but nothing elaborate. No need for fancy cars or anything else. I've always wanted a small airplane, but at this age I'm not sure I'd even do that. I guess I just don't have a need to cause attention.

Beyond that, most things for myself would be trivial. I'd anonymously payoff the debts of a lot of people I know: relatives, friends, and just people that I meet and are down on their luck. (I think most of these people would simply be too embarrassed to accept such money directly.)

I'd also be sending a lot of young people to college. I'm always seeing young folks that work hard but don't stand a chance without an education. I also meet a lot of older people too, maybe not my age yet, but man, there's a lot of people out there that really have to struggle, through no fault of their own.

I don't know that just giving money away is always helpful, but certainly pitching it toward a new opportunity for someone may be. One of the things I've always wished I could do is just help people get some direction and purpose. With $$ like that lottery winning, one could do that. But I sure wouldn't want the notoriety, nobody needs that!

But, I do have to admit that it is pretty nice to see the look on someone's face, when you just do something for them Sort of like during these past holidays when someone just hands you a hundred dollar bill with a Merry Christmas wish. I always thought it would be nice to be able to do that and in addition to the big stuff, I'd probably do a lot of the big smile stuff too.

CWS

Comment

I'd probably go to college. Give the rest away.

J.C.

Comment

No harm in giving thought to such a possibility, especially after watching how such wealth has messed up the lives of winners. Put some money aside for my daughters, help out some folks we know, new house and cars. I want to vacation somewhere warm like the bahamas and take a cruise. A good portion would still go to charity, helping others feed the soul.

Now that I've said the right thing, here is what most likely would happen. I meet up with an undercover cop posing as a killer and contract him to off my wife so I keep all the money. I get busted before I can spend a dime and I get killed in a prison riot. I play the Lotto, but I have a feeling it's better to dream about winning than actually win.

Comment

Part 2 of my plans If I hit the big lottery after buying the island and declaring war on the United states and receiving Billions in we wana be your friend kiss my butt money. I would buy Walmart just to have it "Not accept EBT Cards"
                        Rod
                        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
                        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
                        http://unclognh.com
                        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Quit my job. Not forever, just this one, and just for a while. Its more stress than I want right now, and I can't change departments without leaving the company.

Pay off my house and buy a new one. Since I've quit my job thanks to all this money, I could spend a lot of time getting said house the way I want it.

After I have the new house the way I like it, moved into, and both my kids are in school I think I would go get a new job. Or maybe I'll just work (for free) on some Open Source project.

Comment

When I was a working stiff, I often entertained thoughts where if I ever won the lottery, I'd buy the place (or at least become a major stockholder) and fire a few of the jerks who were making life hell for most workers and running the place into the ground.

Now that I've been out of that hell-hole, I've put such thoughts far behind me. (I still have nightmares, but hopefully they will eventually go away.) The best thing I could ever do is simply start another business and hire away some of the nicer folks... We'd do something different though!

The funny part about the question "Lottery?" is simply that I don't really know. Really, I know my answer sounds like a "put-on", but for me, that is almost the easiest of things to do. I figure if I went out and bought something like a Farrari or whatever, somebody would put a scratch on it and then I'd be pissed and use some of that $$ to exact revenge and turn myself into a jerk or worse. (Hey, I already have my idiot moments.)

I also know that it's really easy to go crazy too. I keep remembering the guy who won the big lottery, ended up in jail a few times, lost his granddaughter to drugs, and a slurry of other nasty things. I think the guys broke today!

Hey I'll never win anyway, so it's probably good to think that I might be nice with it.

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
                              When I was a working stiff, I often entertained thoughts where if I ever won the lottery, I'd buy the place (or at least become a major stockholder) and fire a few of the jerks who were making life hell for most workers and running the place into the ground.

Now that I've been out of that hell-hole, I've put such thoughts far behind me. (I still have nightmares, but hopefully they will eventually go away.) The best thing I could ever do is simply start another business and hire away some of the nicer folks... We'd do something different though!

The funny part about the question "Lottery?" is simply that I don't really know. Really, I know my answer sounds like a "put-on", but for me, that is almost the easiest of things to do. I figure if I went out and bought something like a Farrari or whatever, somebody would put a scratch on it and then I'd be pissed and use some of that $$ to exact revenge and turn myself into a jerk or worse. (Hey, I already have my idiot moments.)

I also know that it's really easy to go crazy too. I keep remembering the guy who won the big lottery, ended up in jail a few times, lost his granddaughter to drugs, and a slurry of other nasty things. I think the guys broke today!

Hey I'll never win anyway, so it's probably good to think that I might be nice with it.

CWS
                              My point exactly, how sad would it be to win such wealth and have it ruin your life. I would want to travel with my wife and provide more for my family, but what if any of that lead to tragedy? I'd be cursing the day I ever played or won. No, better to play and dream of winning.

Comment

Working...
                              X