X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Best of Everything?

Since this Forum is primarily frequented by tradespeople and DIY'ers, I thought it might be a good idea to post some of the different things you have found to be the best. For example, I recently posted about my disappointment with shower heads and Speakman was suggested as the best. Over the years I've found that for kitchen faucets, American Standard worked the best compared to moen, price pfister and some others I've tried.

We can and do benefit from one another's vast experience, and over the years I have learned a lot from the folks here. Thanks Guys.

Re: The Best of Everything?

14.4 Volt Makita Impact Driver. The older LiOn one is the one I like.
    Great power to weight ratio.
    Short length for tighter spots.
    LED. On everything now. Not so much when this one came out.
    Wire belt/pocket hanger is a God send for me.

J.C.
    Attached Files

Comment

Everything has its day in the sun. That makes it hard to pick "best". It all kinda depends on the conditions, the requirements, the person involved. For example, I like to spray conversion varnish on my cabinets and furniture... not everyone can spray at their house, though... it takes a lot of gear. So the next guy might like Watco oil (and it will be just as gorgeous or moreso!).

I like SnapOn tools. But when you consider the insane pricing, Craftsman hand tools may be the overall best. All kinds depends on the criteria for judging.

It's a lot easier to identify stuff that is definitely NOT the best. Such as, anything from Harbor Freight.

Comment

the k-60

hands down the best all around universal drain cleaning machine out there. no if's. and's or but's

don't make me link the 1000 post i've written about it

rick.

phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
          Everything has its day in the sun. That makes it hard to pick "best". It all kinda depends on the conditions, the requirements, the person involved. For example, I like to spray conversion varnish on my cabinets and furniture... not everyone can spray at their house, though... it takes a lot of gear. So the next guy might like Watco oil (and it will be just as gorgeous or moreso!).

I like SnapOn tools. But when you consider the insane pricing, Craftsman hand tools may be the overall best. All kinds depends on the criteria for judging.

It's a lot easier to identify stuff that is definitely NOT the best. Such as, anything from Harbor Freight.
          Good take on the thread Andy. I can say hands down that when it comes to using a can spray paint rustoleum beats anything else I've used. small example but might be worth talking about. When it comes to craftsman and SnapOn, while they are both fine tools, SnapOn has an edge that becomes apparent when tools are pushed to the limit. No insult to Craftsman which I have owned and enjoyed for many years. Harbor Freight is for the lightweights, sure not built for the tough jobs or long haul. I would advise anyone building a tool set that will last them for life to buy a mix of Craftsman and SnapOn. You will pay plenty but only need to buy once!

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
            Don't trust anything from SnapOn's BluePoint brand. They aren't priced like Harbor Freight, but have similar quality.

This however, is my favorite screwdriver.
            http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/item....re&dir=catalog

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              the k-60

hands down the best all around universal drain cleaning machine out there. no if's. and's or but's

don't make me link the 1000 post i've written about it

rick.

O no not the K-60 again give Rick an inch and he will take a mile

Tony

Comment

Hi Frankiarmz..,
                I agree with you.Last time i have been taken information about furniture through this forum.
                This is a big opportunity to share everything here.
                Nice sharing.....
                Washington Kitchen Remodelling

Comment

I think the Ridgid Forum is one of the Best there is,
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

General Wire makes the best closet auger.

Comment

Working...
                    X