• Show
Clear All

Re: How Would We Do If ?

http://endofamerica39.com
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
      Some of Porter Stansberry's stuff is true... but I think he uses facts to mislead and make his case. Overall, IMO he's not worthy of the time. Look at how he gears his "presentations"... takes forever to get to the bottom line, and there is seldom (never?) anything that's not old news.

He is a salesman, and has been fined by the SEC, I believe, in the past.

I do agree that we are in trouble. There well could be a cataclysmic collapse. People like Peter Schiff and Jim Rogers have been predicting it for a long time. In Government, Ron Paul has been ringing the same bell. He can't get any traction because the money interests don't like the tone of that bell.

I'm increasing my position in commodities and non-dollar based assets "just in case"... would be foolish not to.

But I still think we owe it to the past generations to not give up on the United States. Too many have died for this Country for us to just fade away, overwhelmed by injection moded plastic and flat screen TVs.

Comment

I remember reading in my local paper about the saudis not accepting our dollar as payment. I watched the video and for me it was nothing new. Who can predict if and when such a collapse might happen? I am very cash poor, so the best I can do to prepare for such an event is stock up on food and ammo. I'm sure all this sounds very overboard and funny to most, but what if?

Comment

It may be funny to some, but it sounds prudent to many. Ammo is flying off the shelves here, even in liberal-land.

I have a 12g with a short barrel and couple hundred rounds of 00B. I bought a Glock 23 last week (don't have it yet... there's a waiting period in CA), and have 500 rounds of hollow point coming in the mail. I am not a gun person. I had an interest when younger, but kinda lost interest over the years. If I need more ammo than that, it's game over. But all of this is strictly a "just in case" move. Food stocks are next on the list. If not economic disaster, it could be an earthquake.

Let 'em laugh. It never hurts to be prepared. Even good guns and ammo are comparatively cheap insurance, as is food. When the SHTF, neither will available, let alone cheap.

You know what they say about "he who laughs last".

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
            It may be funny to some, but it sounds prudent to many. Ammo is flying off the shelves here, even in liberal-land.

I have a 12g with a short barrel and couple hundred rounds of 00B. I bought a Glock 23 last week (don't have it yet... there's a waiting period in CA), and have 500 rounds of hollow point coming in the mail. I am not a gun person. I had an interest when younger, but kinda lost interest over the years. If I need more ammo than that, it's game over. But all of this is strictly a "just in case" move. Food stocks are next on the list. If not economic disaster, it could be an earthquake.

Let 'em laugh. It never hurts to be prepared. Even good guns and ammo are comparatively cheap insurance, as is food. When the SHTF, neither will available, let alone cheap.

I have to get more ammo, been stocking up on canned vegetables and rice. I am a decent do it yourself butcher so I figure I can harvest a neighbor here and there for meat.

Comment

Andy
              You must be the little pig that lives in a brick house.

Comment

Damn wolves. Hope they don't show. But if they do...

Comment

Ammunition pretty much stabilized in our area. A year ago, you couldn't find .223 or 9mm to save your life. One of the dealers I go too couldn't keep AR15's in stock.

The prices are starting to come down a little bit on fire arms, but Ammo is still pretty high.

Comment

[QUOTE=NHMaster3015;328191]
                    Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                    CWS, I don't want to see us at war with china, everyone would lose but it is a possibility. I will pose this question to the Forum once again, if we continue to depend on china and others for our consumer goods and do not return to nation that manufactures what it needs, then by what mechanism will millions of unemployed Americans find

We will never go back to self dependency. All nations are moving toward a global economy and eventually global government. The world is getting smaller by the minute. The politics and nationalism of the past just don't work anymore. Economies are all tied together. corporations are multi-National in nature.
                    Now we are getting to crux of the matter capitalism has to be caged and regulated your FDR knew this after the great depression early last century but our law markers world wide forgot and desolved all the checks and balances that were in place and allowed capitlism to go unchecked and look where we are now.
                    If we in Australia didn`t have what China needs then we would be in the same situation as the US is in now there is no turning back the genie is out of its bottle people world wide wont the cheapest products and china can under cut our labour forces so thinking that Americians will buy Americian made products you are dreaming they will buy the cheapest and China has learned well from their teacher over the last thirty years the masters of capitalism the U.S of A.

Tony

Comment

Andy wrote:

The issue is that the US is asleep. Maybe comatose. We don't need to hate China or hate the stuff they are selling (although a lot of it is pure junk). What we need to do is respect them as an industrious and capable adversary, and get our own house in order with respect to getting US industry back on the right track.

This is a case where looking at things from China's perspective isn't going to create one single domestic job, reduce our budget problems by one dollar, or provide anything for our children. Increasing domestic production, valuing (that means, "buying") US made goods over imports, increasing investment in the US, removing stifling and unreasonable government regulation, and getting those jobs back here will accomplish those things.
                      Well said. We need to focus on America and clean up our own house. This will go a long way toward achieving much of what we need to recover from our current situation.
                      "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

[QUOTE=AFM;328452]
                        Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

Now we are getting to crux of the matter capitalism has to be caged and regulated your FDR knew this after the great depression early last century but our law markers world wide forgot and desolved all the checks and balances that were in place and allowed capitlism to go unchecked and look where we are now.
                        If we in Australia didn`t have what China needs then we would be in the same situation as the US is in now there is no turning back the genie is out of its bottle people world wide wont the cheapest products and china can under cut our labour forces so thinking that Americians will buy Americian made products you are dreaming they will buy the cheapest and China has learned well from their teacher over the last thirty years the masters of capitalism the U.S of A.

Tony
                        Tony, I agree that capitalism needs some rules and regulations if the USA is to survive. We can't depend on the masses choosing to buy American made products at a higher cost even if they were available. Most people don't understand that the cheaper price at the register is actually quite expensive when you factor in the cost of unemployment and other negatives which arise from imports.

I don't agree that china has learned well from us, there's is a brutal government with no room for human rights and freedoms. Would you have the USA learn from china and become a nation of slaves being told how many children we can have and how much we can earn and under what conditions?
                        I'm not too impressed with our legislators, but maybe they will wake up and save us? Yes, china is doing well regarding their economy, but would you want to live under their rule?

Comment

[QUOTE=AFM;328452]
                          Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post

Tony
                          FDR?!?

He was the start of the problem, not the solution! It's often said that we don't have a free market economy in the United States and policies by FDR created that!

FDR is probably the reason that the Great Depression lasted so long and didn't correct itself. FDR would have likely been the end of the economy had it not been for WWII.

Attempts at regulation of a free market only succeed in opening the door for corruption and manipulation of the "regulations" to transfer wealth. History is full of this, including our own history! Look at what is going on today! The mortgage industry is very highly regulated. The regulators themselves were the problem, along with government agencies like HUD, Fannie and Freddie that pushed relentlessly for housing loans to be made to low income and poor credit people, and created the market for mortgage backed securities. As a group effort with the Fed, who held interest rates artificially low, THIS CREATED THE HOUSING CRISIS, Had the free market been allowed to operate, none of that would have happened. Even Bernanke has reluctantly admitted this.

Do you realize that when FDR confiscated private citizen's gold, he paid them $20 in paper? Then, shortly thereafter, he raised the standard price for gold dramatically, instantly devaluing the paper he just forced the nation to accept. Look it up. These are facts. It was one of the greatest screw jobs ever perpetrated on the American public.

Get your facts straight, Tony! Government and regulation has never, ever been the solution. It has only succeeded in forestalling the problems, making them all the worse. Big government = corruption + disaster.

Comment

[QUOTE=Andy_M;328534]
                            Originally posted by AFM View Post

FDR?!?

He was the start of the problem, not the solution! It's often said that we don't have a free market economy in the United States and policies by FDR created that!

FDR is probably the reason that the Great Depression lasted so long and didn't correct itself. FDR would have likely been the end of the economy had it not been for WWII.

Attempts at regulation of a free market only succeed in opening the door for corruption and manipulation of the "regulations" to transfer wealth. History is full of this, including our own history! Look at what is going on today! The mortgage industry is very highly regulated. The regulators themselves were the problem, along with government agencies like HUD, Fannie and Freddie that pushed relentlessly for housing loans to be made to low income and poor credit people, and created the market for mortgage backed securities. As a group effort with the Fed, who held interest rates artificially low, THIS CREATED THE HOUSING CRISIS, Had the free market been allowed to operate, none of that would have happened. Even Bernanke has reluctantly admitted this.

Do you realize that when FDR confiscated private citizen's gold, he paid them $20 in paper? Then, shortly thereafter, he raised the standard price for gold dramatically, instantly devaluing the paper he just forced the nation to accept. Look it up. These are facts. It was one of the greatest screw jobs ever perpetrated on the American public.

Get your facts straight, Tony! Government and regulation has never, ever been the solution. It has only succeeded in forestalling the problems, making them all the worse. Big government = corruption + disaster.
                            I am always interested in learning something new and I admit I am not always right but why is the US in such a mess when Australia is booming along and our four pillars of banking the National, the Commonwealth, the ANZ and the West/Pac are regulated by our government.

Tony

Comment

I can't hope to comment on Australia. I must admit I spend no time studying Australian politics, economics, or government. I don't know if your Government regulation is too much, not enough or just right.

I do spend a lot of time on US history, politics, economic system, and banking. I've not reached my opinions on the problems with the US lightly or easily and they are not my first impressions. Generally, my first impressions are beyond wrong... more towards "idiotic", "naive", "not factually correct" or "in conflict with history, theory or both". Therefore, I would certainly not presume to explain why Australia is doing well in comparison to the United States.

However, I firmly believe that the US suffers from stifling over-regulation that inhibits domestic production and encourages US firms to take it offshore. It is pretty widely accepted that it was almost entirely government intervention, regulation and meddling that caused the mortgage meltdown of 2008. And it is also a fact that the roots of the unworkable ponzi scheme of entitlements that started with FDR and Social Security are posed to be the largest reason for our undoing. Ironic name.... it has proven to be anything but "social security".

Comment

Working...
                              X