X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How Would We Do If ?

Just watching Fox News and they had a couple experts talking about how china is gearing up for a fight with the USA. China spent 100 billion on defense in 2009, and has a new stealth jet fighter which supposedly took designs from stolen U.S. government sites. Can it be that china is not very interested in the money we owe and is preparing to wage war against us?

Do we know how powerful china's defense is, and how would we do if such an encounter were to take place?

Re: How Would We Do If ?

Why would they bother? They can't afford our health insurance costs, our welfare, can't deal with the illegal aliens, price of gas, and all the idiots walking around with their hats on backwards and their pants dragging on the ground
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Just watching Fox News and they had a couple experts talking about how china is gearing up for a fight with the USA. China spent 100 billion on defense in 2009, and has a new stealth jet fighter which supposedly took designs from stolen U.S. government sites. Can it be that china is not very interested in the money we owe and is preparing to wage war against us?

Do we know how powerful china's defense is, and how would we do if such an encounter were to take place?
      Fox News and experts in the same sentence.

Comment

I would sure like to find all this funny, but the information was not generated by Fox. The following video points to a report from the department of defense and pentagon. There is also a gentleman from forbes magazine, a mr. chang who is seen in the video. Mr. Chang was in the Fox News clip I saw today along with a former high ranking navy officer. Is it really far fetched to assume china's military growth is not linked to a possible challenge to our miltiary might? Take a moment to watch the video. Thanks.

Comment

Think about it... what do we have the capacity to build the war machine here if it ever came to that, we are super deep in debt to the nation who is our manufacturing capacity. If we were ever attacked by China, I have my doubts that we could ramp up manufacturing to outfit our military. Unless China would be willing to sell us weapons to fight against them

Its not fun to think about. But when push comes to shove I'm not sure we would be standing at the end of the fight.

Luckily as of right now relations with China seem to be good.

Comment

What would China have to gain. Land? they have more than us. Natural resources ?, they have the same as us. Population? they have way way more than us. Would they enslave us? would they change our culture? The days of world domination are over and just a bit silly when you think about it. They are building their military for the same reason all nations build their military. To bolster their economy and manufacturing base while at the same time rattling the saber to gain respect with the world. It's all silly games played by silly men that have not realized that spending countless trillions of dollars on military hardware has zero effect on one lone Muslim with 10 lbs of anfo strapped to his back and the willingness to die for Allah. Some bean counter somewhere should do the math on that equation.
            sigpic

Comment

Who can say what china would gain by defeating the USA in a war. We do have substantial natural gas, coal and "oil", which china could use or sell. I doubt they have any use for our populace.

We cannot forget plain and simple politics as a reason for going to war. We have fought wars to protect democracy and freedom, perhaps they are willing to wage war to crush democracy? Maybe communist china is not on a path to adopting our ways, maybe they have no love for Unions either?

Comment

There are much more pressing issues that need worrying about. I won't loose any sleep over China for now. Want something to loose sleep over? I predict a major war with Mexico within 5 years tops.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  There are much more pressing issues that need worrying about. I won't loose any sleep over China for now. Want something to loose sleep over? I predict a major war with Mexico within 5 years tops.
                  With any luck china has better things to do, and I agree that mexico is a disaster waiting to happen. What do you think would happen if mexico was on china's border and not ours? I'm willing to bet china would have occupied mexico long ago and executed all the trouble makers, but then china would not put up with our drug use either. What a mess...

Hey, on a brighter note, President Obama is going to take a look at all our laws and rules to make sure there is nothing on the books to keep businesses away. I think once he does away with the EPA and OSHA, the only thing left to fix is our labor laws. We should all be able to get by on a cup of rice a day. This should have happened years ago, I wouldn't be so big and I wouldn't have high blood pressure.

Comment

the Chinese have been making great strides in submarines, and stealth aircraft, and anti ship missiles, there are some that speculate that the unidentified missile launch off the coast of California, was Chinese, there is also speculation they have killer satellites,

I would think a lot would depend on where the "war" took place, I would think we would have better air lift and transport capabilities and more bases to work from, but if it was a "War" to protect Taiwan, or there back yard, I do not think we could hold it, if they wait a few years and continue to build up, and if they would take out a number of our carriers, what would we have to slow them down,

look how long it took to prepare for the gulf wars, and the amount of time they transported materials and equipment and men over there before they started, the campaign,

If they choose to help North Korea we would be in bad shape IMO, and since out economy is so dependent on them could or would we do any thing if they said get out of our way?

just say for a few Min's, they let the North Korea, start some thing and then go after Taiwan would we even have enough boots and equipment to go around, to fight two/three fronts with the gulf situation? and in the process, (if they took out the GPS satellites and some of our spy satellites and communication satellites),
                    I really wonder how good some of our High tec gear would work,

the air force flys the drones or at least did some of them from in the US,
                    http://www.suasnews.com/2011/01/3376...than-it-looks/ Unlike Air Force operators who fly drones in theater from locations in the United States,
                    the Chinese have great control over part of the Long Beach port in California,
                    http://www.nytimes.com/1997/03/13/us...o-chinese.html
                    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...UGESHCVK01.DTL
                    do you think it would be possible to have a few shipments of miss labeled containers come in,

(this is Russian weapon system, but I have a feeling the Chinese can copy it in a hurry),

how many shipping containers enter this county daily from China?

http://www.reuters.com/article/idUSTRE63P2XB20100426

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjRfWDTk1mY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6IROreCBTA
                    Last edited by BHD; 01-18-2011, 08:17 PM.
                    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                    attributed to Samuel Johnson
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Don`t be so nasty Frank China is our new friend who buys our iron ore and sells us all that cheap rubbish why would they go to war against the U S they already have you by the balls where you are paying for their military build up and their standard of living.
                      I was reading that the U S is in debt to the tune of 14 Trillion dollars what ever that mean and hocked up to 98% of your GDP no wonder your cutting your military and everything else no I suggest your grand children learn chinese.

Tony

Comment

Actually at the moment the U.S. has China by the balls. If we quit buying their products their economy would collapse almost over night. Don't buy to much into the anti-U.S. hypsters, if they didn't have the U.S. to point their fingers at they might actually have to take a look at themselves and that would be crushing.
                        Last edited by Abbott; 01-18-2011, 08:34 PM.

Comment

We have a superior nuclear deterrent, we have superior total military strategists, better systems, better integration and a better balance to our forces. And, the forces are trained better. A quiet submarine is one thing, but the US has a huge advantage in that sub warfare due to the sonar net and the extensive mapping of the ocean floor that no one else has. A stealth aircraft is one thing, but there is no such thing as "invisible" to radar... what stealth really means is reduced radar cross section. Our radars can see better than theirs.

Also.... US military machines are capable of some eye-popping performance. They don't really talk about it for obvious reasons. The Pentagon is quite happy NOT to brag about what our stuff can do.

On the other hand, the Chinese do not have to wage war. They are beating us economically, the ultimate weapon. War is the most expensive single economic endeavor there is. Even worse than Mr. O's stimulus. No one in their right mind (that excludes Bush 43 right there) would want to wage war if there was any other way to get what you want. And in almost every case, what is wanted is economic in nature. Killing soldiers is a means to an end, not the end. And both sides know that a war between the US and China is likely to last no more than about 6 hours.

But that aside, historically, the most powerful military empires have always belonged to the countries with the most powerful economic empires. It only stands to reason. The advantages we have today were expensive. If we can't afford them tomorrow and the Chinese can, well, that's the whole story. So, if we don't get off our dead butts and start to compete economically, we will all end up as old men telling our grandkids about the days when the US was the most respected power on earth.

Comment

If the U.S. set a fair import tax onto Chinese goods our national debt would start dropping immediately. We are only one good president and congress away from that happening. The trouble lies more in the inept people we have in Washington when it comes to doing business with the Chinese then with China's military.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
                              If the U.S. set a fair import tax onto Chinese goods our national debt would start dropping immediately. We are only one good president and congress away from that happening. The trouble lies more in the inept people we have in Washington when it comes to doing business with the Chinese then with China's military.
                              I think we have to combine tarrifs and import limits together with some grand plan to rebuild manuffacturing in the USA! We can't say "Buy American", if we don't make it. President Bush tried to tax import steel and got backed down by threats from the "Global" community. I think it's either us or the global community! In my opinion we should make everything we consume right here. I don't want my taxes going to pay healthy Americans to stay home while I buy products that make a communist government stronger.

Comment

Working...
                              X