Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Frank

Good morning,

I was reading about the first "Solar powered" AC units that are beginning to come off of the production line of a Chinese factory. I thought that you may find these links of interest.

AC units

The article is short on details.

The Global Times

Chinese news outlet.

Global Times forums

They claim to be the most open forum in China...but I bet that's not saying much

Re: Hey Frank

I can't imagine how well a solar only air conditioner can work, but that's 50,000 less units that won't be made in the USA. President Obama can keep talking about green jobs, but unless manufacturing plants are built here that's all it is just talk. I'm happy reading and posting on this Forum, best of luck to the one you posted.

Comment

Heh, well I thought that you might of found something of interest there, I know I do. There was nothing "smart alec" about my post, I was being sincere.

Comment

More crap from China.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
          Heh, well I thought that you might of found something of interest there, I know I do. There was nothing "smart alec" about my post, I was being sincere.
          I believe you were being sincere. Fact is china is moving forward with manufacturing and we are not. I have a bigger problem with our politicans asleep at the wheel, than china doing what is right for china. We have skilled tradepeople, but without manufacturing the goods we consume I feel we are a dead society. We have an economy of diminishing return, every dollar we spend for goods made in china or somewhere outside of the USA, never returns. I'm hopeful that with more folks talking about this issue, someone will take action.

Comment

Frank, you keep bringing up the problem, but I don't see any suggestions for a solution. How do you propose the politicians can "make this happen"?

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
              Frank, you keep bringing up the problem, but I don't see any suggestions for a solution. How do you propose the politicians can "make this happen"?
              Kid, I must have suggested actions at least a hundred times on this Forum, but here goes one more time. Instead of politicians playing to their agenda, (whatever the heck that is) since they are lawmakers I propose they use that power. Pass some laws to tarrif imports and set trade limits, you do know other countries do that to our goods. Use stimulus money to reward companies willing to build factories here and employ Americans by offering some kind of government grants ( should be cheaper than paying unemployment benefits to keep Americans at home). Maybe some of the money we borrow from china could be put towards that instead of endless wars that kill and injure our children? Ease some of the EPA and OSHA rules which are hampering businesses and not really protecting workers or the environment (there must be some room for that?).

Kid, our country is in deep trouble and can't afford the healthcare bill that was passed. Before you go off on me, I voted for President Obama! That does not mean I support the actions of the democrats, I sure didn't agree with the actions of the republicans. We as a society cannot sit by quietly while other countries supply us with our consumer goods and then as our economy is sinking pass costly legislation that will provide healthcare.

I am suggesting that our economy and survival is more important at the present time than healthcare, and that means Americans will die. Maybe they will be folks I know, but you can't provide such things without money.

Kid, what is it to be, a rebuilding of America to the point of prosperity so we can provide for our poor and uninsured, or the slow death we are now dying?
              I am not a republican, conservative, liberal, or democrat, I am an American and if more folks started thinking that way and coming together as one people, maybe we will have a chance.

Comment

I just found opinions, other then from Americans interesting. I figured you might find some interest in that as well ~shrug~

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
                  I just found opinions, other then from Americans interesting. I figured you might find some interest in that as well ~shrug~
                  Doesn't matter much what nonAmericans say, wheter it's a pat on the back or knife in the back. We need to concentrate on what Americans are saying and doing or not doing.

Comment

"I am suggesting that our economy and survival is more important at the present time than healthcare, and that means Americans will die. Maybe they will be folks I know, but you can't provide such things without money."
                    I am afraid I cannot agree with you. I guess I would rather be dirt poor and have my family rather than have one die because they couldn't get health insurance because someone else said we can't afford it. I agree, the health care bill may not be perfect, but what major legislation is when first passed? If it needs fixing, fix it. When I see oil companies posting billions in profits, CEOs getting millions in bonuses, pro sports player getting millions a year, etc. it will be hard to convince me "we can't afford it"

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                      Doesn't matter much what nonAmericans say, wheter it's a pat on the back or knife in the back. We need to concentrate on what Americans are saying and doing or not doing.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                        "I am suggesting that our economy and survival is more important at the present time than healthcare, and that means Americans will die. Maybe they will be folks I know, but you can't provide such things without money."
                        I am afraid I cannot agree with you. I guess I would rather be dirt poor and have my family rather than have one die because they couldn't get health insurance because someone else said we can't afford it. I agree, the health care bill may not be perfect, but what major legislation is when first passed? If it needs fixing, fix it. When I see oil companies posting billions in profits, CEOs getting millions in bonuses, pro sports player getting millions a year, etc. it will be hard to convince me "we can't afford it"
                        Kid, tax cuts for the rich were extended, so no there isn't money to pay for healhcare unless there are new taxes. We have been losing businesses and jobs for over forty years, we need to fix that. Unfortunately there are gonna be a lot more Americans dirt poor, unable to keep their homes and provide for their families if these big issues are not resolved. We can't afford healthcare, tax cuts, wars, and a lot of other things, this will become more obvious as time goes by.

Comment

Working...
                        X