X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not So Idle Hands...

Frankiarmz thread made me think of things that keep your hands and mind from getting to idle.

This is one of mine. Easy boys, I'm an amateur and considered mediocre for my area and know it. What are your hobbies that keep you from being "idle"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu_P1Bxq04g

J.C.

Re: Not So Idle Hands...

Your a man of many talents.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      Your a man of many talents.
      And so much more to learn and do.

J.C.

Comment

I can play a train wreck. I think.

Comment

I have a 2 year old to enjoy when i'm not at work. The wife and I also play World of Warcraft. "that's how we met" When we finally get caught up on some bills a few of the walls in this house are going to shift around.

oh, and the bulldog, can't forget that guy, He LOVES him some fetch.
          No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Mediocre for your area? You must be in some great area! That was really enjoyable J.C., post more. Both of my daughters play guitar and it's wonderful to hear them master a tune. My oldest learned "From the Beginning" by Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Good stuff. I hate to say that for a guy with time on his hands, I don't have the patience to play. I also tore up a finger in a bench grinder years ago, so I would be at a disadvantage. Excuses, excuses...

Comment

My boy plays too.

Comment

I went to college for music, but quickly realized I would never have the type of lifestyle I wanted doing that, so I stuck with plumbing. I still play a lot of piano and trombone to keep me entertained though.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Mediocre for your area? You must be in some great area! That was really enjoyable J.C., post more. Both of my daughters play guitar and it's wonderful to hear them master a tune. My oldest learned "From the Beginning" by Emerson, Lake and Palmer. Good stuff. I hate to say that for a guy with time on his hands, I don't have the patience to play. I also tore up a finger in a bench grinder years ago, so I would be at a disadvantage. Excuses, excuses...
                  Django Reinhardt

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                    Django Reinhardt

J.C.
                    That was the 1st thing I thought of also. he only had 3 fingures on one hand from a fire I think?

Comment

Here is a link for him. Says he had all his fingers but two were curled and would not open. My pinky fingerhad a damaged extensor tendon, same thing will not open, extend. Like I said, that's my excuse.
                      http://www.redhotjazz.com/django.html

Comment

I thought about the guitar but I have to be honest with myself, I suck at all musical instruments I have ever tried.

What I do to keep my hands from being idle is wood working. I incorporate it into everything I do, from plumbing to knife collecting, most of my furniture was made by me.

Last weekend I was bored so I ran hot, cold and soft water lines to my garage. Ya, I'm cool like that.
                        Anyone can tear a man down, few can build one up.

Comment

I built a table lamp out of a trumpet...does that count for anything? The first plunger from the mouthiece is a pushbutton on-off switch. Nothing was permanently altered. You could strip all the lamp parts off of it and re-install the inside parts and play it. Its a yamaha

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                            I built a table lamp out of a trumpet...does that count for anything? The first plunger from the mouthiece is a pushbutton on-off switch. Nothing was permanently altered. You could strip all the lamp parts off of it and re-install the inside parts and play it. Its a yamaha
                            So is my guitar.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                            X