Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Forum Improvements?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Re: Forum Improvements?

    Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
    Wyatt, since you are "open to all ideas", I would also like an "off" button for Plumber Rick. I have been unsuccessfully searching everywhere for one for years! Please me!
    Wow mommy great idea! I guess that's why they pay you the big bucks.

    Mark my words mommy, we will find that button.

    Phoebe J
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 01-27-2011, 05:20 PM. Reason: Removed link
    Born Free - Phoebe Jacqueline!

    Comment


    • #17
      Re: Forum Improvements?

      Two vB4 fora vs RIDGID's vB3.8 forum. 16 threads in the same space as 20.



      (Yes, I'm a vBulletin 4 H8tR. )
      Steve
      www.MorrisGarage.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Re: Forum Improvements?

        I agree on the Buy/Sell section. I think almost everyone would like a classified section.
        Ideal Plumbing

        Comment


        • #19
          Re: Forum Improvements?

          I agree with smorris. The SEO type vbulletin software, I have yet to see any finished outlay that provides "good" viewing, and the fonts are not a good choice.

          Of course, you could hard code to a different font style but the default isn't great.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

          Comment


          • #20
            Re: Forum Improvements?

            Great replies so far. Please keep them coming.

            Thanks for the tip on vB4 Steve. Hope you are enjoying your retirement.

            I remember that Milgram study from college. It was actually pretty darn disturbing to watch.

            I certainly don't want to lose any character or functionality. However, I think a clean up may make it less intimidating for new members and easier for RIDGID employees to jump in on conversations where appropriate.

            Oh, and I can only imagine what would happen if we gave you all "off" buttons for each other!

            Comment


            • #21
              Re: Forum Improvements?

              Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
              I agree on the Buy/Sell section. I think almost everyone would like a classified section.
              I would definitely like to see a classified section.

              A thumbs down or "whatever" button would be wonderful as well.

              Comment


              • #22
                Re: Forum Improvements?

                Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                how about a photo gallery that will link right to a post. this way we can search photos and read the threads about it.

                a section used just for questions and once the correct answer is given, the tread is locked.

                and my favorite, a for sale/ trade section you never know when you might need some of my stock

                rick.
                Sounds like you need your own forum.
                I think it would be great for you and your homeowners.



                Locked after correct answer is given.
                The only reason you have satelite on laptop is for the forum.

                Freak












                Last edited by drtyhands; 01-26-2011, 10:08 AM. Reason: letter r

                Comment


                • #23
                  Re: Forum Improvements?

                  Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

                  a section used just for questions and once the correct answer is given, the tread is locked.
                  Originally posted by drtyhands View Post

                  Locked after correct answer is given.
                  The only reason you have satellite on laptop is for the forum.
                  ....like you guys could ever agree on the "correct" answer.

                  Mark
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

                  I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Re: Forum Improvements?

                    I just realized, We're missing a cooking section !
                    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Re: Forum Improvements?

                      Oh my! If we had a cooking section, everyone here at Ridge would be asking for my top-secret recipes that I love to bake and bring in.

                      I would definitely add photos of all the goodies I bring in!

                      Cathy

                      Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Re: Forum Improvements?

                        Top 10 Stats and Social Plugins, if possible to have twitter feeds on the side..

                        Thanks!
                        whoso diggeth a pit shall fall threin...

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Re: Forum Improvements?

                          Robust05,

                          Always interested in how you all are using the social media scene, can you give some detail on the stats and plugins you'd like to see?

                          Thanks,

                          Wyatt

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Re: Forum Improvements?

                            Originally posted by henneca View Post
                            Oh my! If we had a cooking section, everyone here at Ridge would be asking for my top-secret recipes that I love to bake and bring in.

                            I would definitely add photos of all the goodies I bring in!

                            Cathy
                            You're on Kathy . You 1 st and I'LL POST THE NEXT!
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Re: Forum Improvements?

                              Thank you Wyatt for considering my suggestions,

                              Other forums have this community statistics or “TOP 10 Stats” visible at the end or below of the forum homepage. Top 10 of the latest posts (thread, date, time, posted by & forum category), hottest threads in replies & TOP Posters (user & # of posts).

                              Good way of seeing the contribution of each members, nice job for the Top users and a challenge to contribute for others.

                              One thing I like about it, is that if you click on a certain thread, below that you could see similar threads (thread, thread starter, forum category, replies & last pos).
                              That would lessen the effort of searching comparable discussions.

                              http://www.access-programmers.co.uk/index.html

                              For social plugins, you may add in “like” & “tweet this" options.
                              “share” capability to easily link the discussion to Facebook.

                              Some site also have option to register/login using Facebook acct.

                              There’s a lot of possibilities, but then it would really depend on the acceptance of the members here.

                              Thanks!

                              http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins
                              http://www.vbseo.com/f2/facebook-like-button-vbulletin-42695/#post265997
                              whoso diggeth a pit shall fall threin...

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Re: Forum Improvements?

                                Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                                Great replies so far. Please keep them coming.

                                Thanks for the tip on vB4 Steve. Hope you are enjoying your retirement.

                                I remember that Milgram study from college. It was actually pretty darn disturbing to watch.

                                I certainly don't want to lose any character or functionality. However, I think a clean up may make it less intimidating for new members and easier for RIDGID employees to jump in on conversations where appropriate.

                                Oh, and I can only imagine what would happen if we gave you all "off" buttons for each other!

                                How about an "f" off button!
                                www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X