X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Dinner Tonight

I made fajitas for the first time tonight. We'll see how this is in a minute when it's my turn to dish up.

Wish me luck!
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

1. To wash the day away: Sierra Nevada Torpedo
      2. Appetizer: popcorn with cheddar cheese spread/spray

3 Main course: DiGiorno's Supreme Cheese stuffed crust pizza, beef ravioli, romaine leaves (not pictured)
      glass of Rawlins cabernet/shiraz blend wine.

4. Dessert; a Canoli and cup of decaf black coffee (taster's choice) and 2 chocolate covered strawberries
      Attached Files
      "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

The fajitas were good! I used a store bought seasoning packet. Marinated the meat for a half hour. Then added red pepper, onion and jalapeno. It was really good. It's a good use for round steak!

Comment

Salmon baked in garlic butter and spices; White bean soup w/spinach, onions, & noodles; Salad w/spicy French Dressing on the side, buttered saltine crackers, Sierra Nevada Torpedo IPA.

Chocolate Ice Cream

All while watching "My Man Godfrey" on the tube.
          Attached Files
          "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Put my pasta machine to good use today. Still time consuming but worth the effort. Didn't take time to set a nice table but you get the idea.
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              Put my pasta machine to good use today. Still time consuming but worth the effort. Didn't take time to set a nice table but you get the idea.
              Any sides?

Comment

Originally posted by SlimTim View Post
                Any sides?
                There was some meat ( meatballs, lamb, and sausages)in the sauce but I passed. Had a protein shake for lunch and made up for it with pasta. My wife took our daughter to NYC to see a play and got home late or else she would have made a salad.

Comment

There was some meat ( meatballs, lamb, and sausages)in the sauce but I passed. Had a protein shake for lunch and made up for it with pasta. My wife took our daughter to NYC to see a play and got home late or else she would have made a salad.
                  I use to eat 6 egg whites with grilled chicken with mustard for breakfast and wash it down with a 40 gram protein shake.

Lunch was salad with salt and pepper, quart of skim milk and 2 cans of chicken with a touch of BBQ sauce or 1/2 pound of turkey.

Dinner was a whole chicken and all the vegtables I could eat with wild rice.

Another protein shake for a desert around 9 pm and then some more turkey for a midnight snack.

I ate like that for about 2 years. Thats a typical day....I would snack on fruit various times through the day also and would drink plenty of water.

I was working out 4 days a week for an hr to 1.5 hours and working 8 hrs a day. I would take a 2 hr nap in the evening and then get about 7 hrs a night for sleep.

Comment

I over indulged tonight. My weakness is pizza, and we had a good one.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                      I use to eat 6 egg whites with grilled chicken with mustard for breakfast and wash it down with a 40 gram protein shake.

Lunch was salad with salt and pepper, quart of skim milk and 2 cans of chicken with a touch of BBQ sauce or 1/2 pound of turkey.

Dinner was a whole chicken and all the vegtables I could eat with wild rice.

Another protein shake for a desert around 9 pm and then some more turkey for a midnight snack.

I ate like that for about 2 years. Thats a typical day....I would snack on fruit various times through the day also and would drink plenty of water.

I was working out 4 days a week for an hr to 1.5 hours and working 8 hrs a day. I would take a 2 hr nap in the evening and then get about 7 hrs a night for sleep.
                      Sounds like you did a lot of things right. There are so many variables to consider if you are trying to get stronger or add muscle. Genetics, age and stress also play a big part in the result. When I started working out over forty years ago I made the typical beginners mistakes including not enough leg and back work. I got the nickname "Franki armz" because I worked my arms too often.

I envy young guys starting nowadays, all sorts of great information about training and countless great supplements. The protein supplement I use now yeilds 25 grams of good protein in a 28 gram serving, easy to get down and easy on the gut. The original MetRx was like wallpaper paste, and it was state of the art for it's time. I averaged 6 to 9 whole eggs a day years ago, along with quarts of whole milk. Not active enough now so I have to cutback.

Staying hydrated is always a good idea, at any age.

Comment

Sounds like you did a lot of things right. There are so many variables to consider if you are trying to get stronger or add muscle. Genetics, age and stress also play a big part in the result. When I started working out over forty years ago I made the typical beginners mistakes including not enough leg and back work. I got the nickname "Franki armz" because I worked my arms too often.

I envy young guys starting nowadays, all sorts of great information about training and countless great supplements. The protein supplement I use now yeilds 25 grams of good protein in a 28 gram serving, easy to get down and easy on the gut. The original MetRx was like wallpaper paste, and it was state of the art for it's time. I averaged 6 to 9 whole eggs a day years ago, along with quarts of whole milk. Not active enough now so I have to cutback.

Staying hydrated is always a good idea, at any age.
                        I used a product called 100% whey protein chocolate flavor mixed with water at night and during the day with skim milk. Goof stuff but you must use a hand blender. Oh and add a banana. Try it and you'll love it. The only kind thats good is the chocolate to me. Skim milk,banana and the 100% whey protein powder. Chill the milk in the freezer for a few minutes and chop the banana up. Mix it with a hand blander for a couple minutes.

Also Creatine liquid. I'd take that before workouts. It took 10-15 minutes longer to burn muscles out while taking creatine.....it worked for me because I never ate any red meat but maybe once a week.

My workouts consisted of 3 sets. 10,8 and 6 reps while increasing weight with 30 seconds rest between sets but your changing weights during the rest period so theres little rest. This gives you cardio at the same time. About every 3rd week I would do everything in reverse and increase the weight and lift very slow. That week a workout might last 2-3 hours with long breaks and even food. Sleep was the only thing I didn't get enough of. We worked two muscle groups a workout and legs twice a week.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                          I used a product called 100% whey protein chocolate flavor mixed with water at night and during the day with skim milk. Goof stuff but you must use a hand blender. Oh and add a banana. Try it and you'll love it. The only kind thats good is the chocolate to me. Skim milk,banana and the 100% whey protein powder. Chill the milk in the freezer for a few minutes and chop the banana up. Mix it with a hand blander for a couple minutes.

Also Creatine liquid. I'd take that before workouts. It took 10-15 minutes longer to burn muscles out while taking creatine.....it worked for me because I never ate any red meat but maybe once a week.

My workouts consisted of 3 sets. 10,8 and 6 reps while increasing weight with 30 seconds rest between sets but your changing weights during the rest period so theres little rest. This gives you cardio at the same time. About every 3rd week I would do everything in reverse and increase the weight and lift very slow. That week a workout might last 2-3 hours with long breaks and even food. Sleep was the only thing I didn't get enough of. We worked two muscle groups a workout and legs twice a week.
                          I don't sleep well at all, back and neck pain from injuries and age. Muscles feel real strong, but with joint problems can't lift heavy. The back problem is the worst thing to deal with, very limiting and no surgery or treatment will fix.
                          The protein I use is Dymatize ISO 100, protein isolates, good stuff. Injuries and age are killers. I switch up my workouts, low reps and heavy, light weights and high reps, negatives, tried them all I think over the last forty years. Hate doing cardio, feel like a mouse on a wheel. A big fat mouse.

Comment

Sushi-California rolls and crab rolls, P.F.Chang's Garlic Shrimp on top of grits or jasmine rice.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Sushi? Enjoy, but I need something more substantial. Tonight I made an 11 pound pork shoulder. The crackle hard outer fat was like candy and the moist pork below was tender and succulent. I made a gravy that was intoxicating to pour over the meat and mashed potatoes. Got a bit of a stomach ache but it will pass.

Comment

Dear wifey made taco soup. Very good with some cheese and a gallop of sour cream!

Comment

Working...
                                X