Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

Dinner Tonight

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    Re: Dinner Tonight

    My version of chinese chicken with vegetables and fried rice.MMMMMMMMM
    Attached Files

    Comment


    • #47
      Re: Dinner Tonight

      lastnight I fried some fresh pond catfish filets in peanut oil and baked some sweet potatoes along with steamed green beans. Washed that down with a beer and a couple shots of POM juice.

      Tonight its grilled chicken breasts with baked potatoe and mix veggies. Desert is fressh fruit chopped up mixed with cool whip folded into a graham cracker crust. Midnight snack is left over fish

      Comment


      • #48
        Re: Dinner Tonight

        A couple years back on the tv show "dirty jobs", the host learned how to catch catfish by hand and clean them. End of the day they cleaned a couple fish, cut them into nice size chunks, breaded them and fried them up. I could almost taste them.
        Unfortunatley, I have not been so lucky! I want to try fresh caught catfish like you describes and alligator. Heard the alligator has sort of a shellfish taste. There I go gett'in hungry again.

        Comment


        • #49
          Re: Dinner Tonight

          Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          A couple years back on the tv show "dirty jobs", the host learned how to catch catfish by hand and clean them. End of the day they cleaned a couple fish, cut them into nice size chunks, breaded them and fried them up. I could almost taste them.
          Unfortunatley, I have not been so lucky! I want to try fresh caught catfish like you describes and alligator. Heard the alligator has sort of a shellfish taste. There I go gett'in hungry again.
          Here there are a few ponds that you can go catch corn fed catfish and they filet them for you and charge you by the pound. Your talking about noodling...when you catch fish by hand.

          To me aligator tastes like chicken but I'll only eat it fried. Cutting thick pieces into chunks is a good way to fry it because you can use a smaller pot or cook alot at once in a big pot allowing it to cook even.....it floats to the top when its done and is golden brown. I use a propane cooker and a cast iron pot and keep the grease about 350-360 degrees. I use a fish fry made by Zatarains. Heres a link to it.

          http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CD4Q8wIwBA#

          Comment


          • #50
            Re: Dinner Tonight

            Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
            Here there are a few ponds that you can go catch corn fed catfish and they filet them for you and charge you by the pound. Your talking about noodling...when you catch fish by hand.

            To me aligator tastes like chicken but I'll only eat it fried. Cutting thick pieces into chunks is a good way to fry it because you can use a smaller pot or cook alot at once in a big pot allowing it to cook even.....it floats to the top when its done and is golden brown. I use a propane cooker and a cast iron pot and keep the grease about 350-360 degrees. I use a fish fry made by Zatarains. Heres a link to it.

            http://www.google.com/products/catal...ed=0CD4Q8wIwBA#
            That sure sounds like good eating! I stopped fishing around here (Long Island Sound, CT) years ago. Seems like the waters are all fished out and they want to chage for a salt water fishing license! If I wasn't married I'd be living somewhere much further South where I can get some of that catfish and gator.

            Comment


            • #51
              Re: Dinner Tonight

              I made my first Focaccia today. Those who are unfamiliar, it is a simple sort of pan bread/pizza thing. Great aroma as it cooked, mild flavor of yeast and seasonings. I still have a stomachache, very filling.

              Comment


              • #52
                Re: Dinner Tonight

                Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                I made my first Focaccia today. Those who are unfamiliar, it is a simple sort of pan bread/pizza thing. Great aroma as it cooked, mild flavor of yeast and seasonings. I still have a stomachache, very filling.
                Picture
                Attached Files

                Comment


                • #53
                  Re: Dinner Tonight

                  Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  Picture
                  Ah , The little Woman is lucky !
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Re: Dinner Tonight

                    Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                    Ah , The little Woman is lucky !
                    Oh, you mean my wife? I forget that I'm not the little woman sometimes! All the cooking and cleaning while my wife's at work gets me a bit confused. I have to fire up the chainsaw, or play with one of my acetylene torches to get my mind right again.

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Re: Dinner Tonight

                      [QUOTE=Frankiarmz;343397]Oh, you mean my wife? I forget that I'm not the little woman sometimes! All the cooking and cleaning while my wife's at work gets me a bit confused. I have to fire up the chainsaw, or play with one of my acetylene torches to get my mind right again.[/QUOTE do the food shopping and lots of the cooking. I enjoy it also.
                      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Re: Dinner Tonight

                        [QUOTE=toolaholic;343418]
                        Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        Oh, you mean my wife? I forget that I'm not the little woman sometimes! All the cooking and cleaning while my wife's at work gets me a bit confused. I have to fire up the chainsaw, or play with one of my acetylene torches to get my mind right again.[/QUOTE do the food shopping and lots of the cooking. I enjoy it also.
                        Food shopping is great, watching all those beautiful women on the hunt for groceries puts a smile on my face. Cooking a nice roast, or baking a cake is like making a toy model you get to eat. Very satisfying to see the family enjoy my efforts. I imagine real cooks get that similar feeling when a patron compliments their efforts. Just don't critisize the food or their might be trouble.
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzLLA...eature=related
                        Last edited by Frankiarmz; 05-01-2011, 10:19 AM.

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        X