X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dinner Tonight

1st, the refreshment: Sierra Nevada Glissade, Golden Bock, 6.4% alc. "Glissade is remarkably mellow,sliding across the palate with layers of subtle malt flavor balanced by a touch of delicate European hops." I agree

2nd, the appetizer: Popcorn drizzled with extra virgin olive oil and generously sprinkled with crumpled goat cheese.

3rd, the main course: Smoked pork chops cooked with dark cherry preserves and brown sugar, fried grits, salad of romaine/red leaf/bibb lettuces, simple dressing of mayonnaise and well aged balsamic vinegar.

Later: dessert of Breyers chocolate ice cream.

Please post your own menu and PICS.
    Attached Files
    "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Re: Dinner Tonight

I have to start taking pictures before I eat all the evidence! Sounds and looks like a great meal you had. I made chinese food. Marinated small cubes of chicken breast in garlic, ginger and teriaki sauce. Fried them up, then cooked down some small slices of squash, carrots, onions and mushrooms. Fried rice completed the meal. Next good meal I cook will take pictures.

Comment

Couple of those Taquitos from the gas station ate in the truck. Warmed on those rollers.

J.C.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 02-14-2011, 08:18 PM. Reason: Added Picture

Comment

1st, the Attitude Adjustment: Sierra Nevada Torpedo Ale..."A big American IPA, perfectly balanced yet full of flavor and aromas highlighting the complex citrus, pine and herbal character of whole-cone American hops." yup1

2nd, the appetizer, buttered popcorn drizzled with White Cheese Dip by El Terrifico Tamale Co.

3rd, the main course: homemade steak quesadilla w/green taco sauce, more cheese dip and jalapeno pepper relish, romaine lettuce leaves, whole milk

Dessert, Breyers chocolate ice cream
        Attached Files
        "Man will do many things to get himself loved, he will do all things to get himself envied." Mark Twain

Comment

Leftover pizza from last night and a coke zero.
          www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
            Leftover pizza from last night and a coke zero.
            that sounds like my breakfast

Comment

It would have been breakfast too but I ate the rest of the pizza! Cheerios it is.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

1. Happy half hour- same as last night; Sierra Nevada Torpedo 7.2% alc.

No appetizer (well, some fritos w/goat cheese)

2. The main course: Fried Catfish, Agave-roasted Carrots, Romaine leaves, Whole Milk

3. Dessert; Chocolate Ice Cream w/walnuts sprinkled on top
                Attached Files

Comment

how about my 1# burger with a side of chili i had last night

$14.50 over a bed of lettuce. no way to contain this monster in a bun

i finished the entire burger and chili. but left 1/2 the bed of lettuce

washed it all down with 3 root beers

rick.

Attached Files
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Is this what it looked like before it went in your mouth or came out the other end?.... because I can't tell

Comment

Slim Tim,

Have you tried Arrogant Bastard from Stone Brewing Co.? I am a fan of Sierra Nevada and when I want to kick it to a notch or two I grab any of the IPAs from Stone. Double Bastard, Vertical Epic, or Ruination are all good choices as well. There is even a limited release blend called Lucky Bastard available right now.

Enjoy your happy hour!
                      Last edited by Tin Can; 02-13-2011, 10:19 AM.
                      Mike

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                        Is this what it looked like before it went in your mouth or came out the other end?.... because I can't tell
                        you crack me up

did i forget to mention the jalapeƱo cheese on top of the patty

still sitting on the burger i'll call you during the deeds

next time you're in town, we can share one

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                          how about my 1# burger with a side of chili i had last night

$14.50 over a bed of lettuce. no way to contain this monster in a bun

i finished the entire burger and chili. but left 1/2 the bed of lettuce

washed it all down with 3 root beers

rick.
                          You left out that was 16 oz. patty. That is one full pound of patty. I sure hoped you followed it up with a Lipitor chaser.

Mark
                          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                            You left out that was 16 oz. patty. That is one full pound of patty. I sure hoped you followed it up with a Lipitor chaser.

Mark
                            1# = 16oz

i followed it up with 3 root beers.

makes the apple pan look like mcdonalds

rick.
                            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by Tin Can View Post
                              Slim Tim,

Have you tried Arrogant Bastard from Stone Brewing Co.? I am a fan of Sierra Nevada and when I want to kick it to a notch or two I grab any of the IPAs from Stone. Double Bastard, Vertical Epic, or Ruination are all good choices as well. There is even a limited release blend called Lucky Bastard available right now.

Enjoy your happy hour!
                              I have seen them at the store (liquor store that is, nothing over 5.6% alc can be sold in the grocery stores here). I'll give it a go next time. Thanks for the recommendation.

Here are two for you. The Burton Baton by Dogfish Head. Very hoppy (which is how I like'em) But it is 10% alc so I better not plan on any office work the nights I have one.

The Old Rasputin is by North Coast Brewing. Yum yum! It's dark, rich, intense and complex (a lot like me, except for the dark, rich and complex part, and maybe not so intense).

Ha! Rick, that burger looks awesome (and I don't just mean big!). The chili has my mouth watering now. I hope you had someone to drive you home after three root beers. You are pushing the legal limit there, me thinks.
                              From whence was this meal procured?
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X