X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ford Windstar...

I have always prided myself as an American car kind of guy... traditionally bought GMs and Fords. However, my experience with the Ford Windstar has done a lot of change my mind. The rear axle was recalled after a father of two was sent to his death. Our car was recalled in October, and has been on the dealer's lot since Halloween!!! They have been paying for a rental all this time. In the meantime, they recalled the front end suspension as well....

Re: Ford Windstar...

We own a 1998 windstar and it has been recalled several times as well. I have been very good with oil and filter changes but with under 130,000 miles the number one cylinder is dead. Spent $880 in parts and labor to pass CT inspection but without a new engine or rebuild the car can no longer be registered. My 1990 nissan maxima had close to 300,000 miles and was still running strong when I sold it. There are problematic car in all brands and recalls are quite common, but before buying another car I suggest doing a google search of the car you are interested in and search for recalls and problems.

Comment

Re: Ford Windstar...

You could have bought a Yugo!!

Comment

Working...
      X