X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Forewarned and forearmed

I've been watching a program on the animal planet channel called "fatal attractions", it tells the stories of owners of exotic and dangerous pets who lose their lives over their love for these animals. I was shocked to learn how many folks live near people who own very dangerous pets and how they are at risk as well. I carry a good pocket knife but after reading this story I don't think it would be of any help, certainly would be useless against big cats and such. Please don't read if you don't have a strong stomach.
    http://www.esquire.com/features/chim...-attack-0409-3

Re: Forewarned and forearmed

You'd be lucky to win a fight with a cat with a gun if it was up close and personal. They are so fast and strong, you'd be on the ground before you knew it.
    www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

Originally posted by Trent2 View Post
      You'd be lucky to win a fight with a cat with a gun if it was up close and personal. They are so fast and strong, you'd be on the ground before you knew it.
      I believe you and yet there are folks who keep them as pets! That story of the attack by the chimps was horrible, he was a big powerful man and the chimps went through him like he was tissue paper.

Comment

I have a friend that lives about a mile from a guy who has a couple tigers. You can hear them....its spooky.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
          I have a friend that lives about a mile from a guy who has a couple tigers. You can hear them....its spooky.
          How can he live there with any peace of mind? Seriously, even with your doors locked a tiger could easily get into the house. I guess if you carried a large caliber handgun in your hand with the safety off every second you were home, you might stand a chance of staying alive if you heard the tiger in time? Animals like that belong in zoos or in their native wilds.

Comment

Hey Franki, look up the name "Timothy Treadwell". This man died before Steve Erwin, and in a manner in the way he wanted. However, inspite of his recklessness, his photography was unmatched by any.

Comment

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
              Hey Franki, look up the name "Timothy Treadwell". This man died before Steve Erwin, and in a manner in the way he wanted. However, inspite of his recklessness, his photography was unmatched by any.
              I don't agree with the risks Treadwell and Irwin took, but they went to the animals and met them on their turf. I am bothered by folks who put others at risk by keeping such dangerous animals. If someone wants to tempt fate and lose their life with such poor choices, I would not stand in their way just as long as they don't involve people trying to live their lives in relative safety.

I had a moron living about a mile from me who kept hybrid wolves as pets. They got out a few times and killed pet dogs. The town finally forced him to get rid of the animals. I think he deserved to get his butt kicked and jail time.

Just my opinion but I find such people to be arrogant and inconsiderate of others.

Comment

Working...
              X