X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Traffic Incident Cameras

Ths State of Utah has installed Traffic Incident Cameras up an down the State. The idea is to allow for remote monitoring of the roadways.

http://commuterlink.utah.gov/

It appears they installed cameras every 80-miles on Hwy 89 through Southern and Central Utah. As luck would have it one of the cameras is a couple of 100 yards North of the lot where I want to build my cabin. The pictures are updated every couple of minutes. I can now sit at home and review the weather conditions minute by minute. I can also see a portion of my lot but if I can get them to move it a couple of degrees I will have remote monitoring of my future cabin.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Traffic Incident Cameras

A state run camera watching the cabin would be great when your not their

Comment

Originally posted by DELCASE View Post
      A state run camera watching the cabin would be great when your not their
      Actually the more I think about it the more I like it. My lot is the last lot in the subdivision and there is a culdesac in front of my lot. The street is about 20' above the highway and my lot is about 20' above that. Because there is not a lot across the street from me it is a straight shot to the highway. When I get up there tomorrow I going to park my truck there and see if I can see it on the camera.

Mark

Comment

Is the link you provided showing your lot,or is that just a random view?

Way too much traffic for me. I don't think that many cars have past my house in the last week.
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

My little hunting apt sits a half mi off the highway i dont even hear anything.. But i wish i had the camera it might not stop the crime but you would have a good pic of who did it ..I would put up a sign coming off the highway to smile

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
            Is the link you provided showing your lot,or is that just a random view?

Way too much traffic for me. I don't think that many cars have past my house in the last week.

That is a random view. My camera is at Mile Marker 184 on Highway 89. Highway 89 is almost an abandoned Highway since Interstate 15 was built 20-years ago. Twenty cars an hour would be a rush-hour.

Mark

Comment

Why put a camera on a road with such little traffic?
              I think maybe they are planning to keep an eye on YOU.
              ---------------
              Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
              ---------------
              “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
              ---------
              "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
              ---------
              sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                Why put a camera on a road with such little traffic?
                I think maybe they are planning to keep an eye on YOU.
                I'm guessing that's why there are 80 miles between cameras.

Mark

Comment

Working...
                X