Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P/U Bed Liners

Looking for a pick up bed liner.
    I'm leaning toward a drop-in type over the spray on stuff.

So far I have only looked at the Duraliner which is Made in the USA.

Any others I should consider?

Any praise or complaints about the Duraliner?
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: P/U Bed Liners

Bob,

I had the Ford branded bed liner in my '88 Ranger and '97 F-150, and the fit was, as expected, perfect. I never took the one out of the F-150, so I don't know how it looked underneath, but I had the one in the Ranger out every few years to clean under it, and only found a little scuffing. I don't know if they still do it, but the bed liner replicated the notches in the side of the bed to insert a 2X6 for upper and lower storage, and vertical slots near the back to insert a 2X4 or 2X6 to keep things near the tailgate, rather than sliding to the front.

General consensus at the time was that the Ford branded bed liners were made by Duraliner. So if the quality is still the same, I can recommend Duraliner based on past experience.

Steve
    Steve
    www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

IMO most of the drop in liners are similar in design. They protect the bed from minor impacts/drops and scrapes from sharp nails or edges. The big negatives are rattling, dirt/debri accumulation and paint rubbing that can take it down to the metal. In the spring I will get rid of my drop in liner for a spray-in liner. The liner is a permanent and if applied correctly should eliminate rust, rattling and usually comes with a good guarantee. Some spray-in liners can be colored, texturized or just plain tough dull black.

Comment

In my neck of the woods truck beds are lined with empty beer cans, saw dust, tree bark, bar and chain oil, and mud
        INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
        Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

I've had spray and drop in Duraliner. I much prefer the spray over drop in. Spray versions have come a long way in regards to durability. The downside is its permanent. If I was sliding heavy flat items in and out of the gate I would probably go with a drop in. The spray ones are very grippy.

Comment

Depending on what you would be hauling, if your thinking of plastic drop in, static discharge is also something to consider.

I love watching guys filling gas cans in the bed of their truck, especially ones with plastic liners. Some day........KABOOM
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
              In my neck of the woods truck beds are lined with empty beer cans, saw dust, tree bark, bar and chain oil, and mud
              Remember when noone cared about the paint in the bed of their truck?

Funny how we all change. I have a bedliner in one truck. Don't know much about it though.

J.C.

Comment

Thanks everyone for your opinions and insight.

I'm looking to be able to load stone and other such loose material and I know that shoveling it out will damage the paint. I'm not so worried about the looks as protecting the bed itself. Right now I have one of those rubber mats in the bottom and I love that because nothing slides around on it. I want something that will be easy to clean (just hose it out) and will stand up to shoveling.

Looking at the Duraliner website is sounds like the liner can be taken in and out fairly easily or is that not the case? I'm thinking maybe I don't have to live with it in there all the time if I didn't want to, but then I would have to store it somewhere when not in use.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                X