Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egypt at Home!

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Good night all, this lazy Union guy is going to sleep.
    It is not the average union worker that gets the bad wrap Franki.I was on a job where they were out front.Usually it's the monkeys that are too stupid to put tools in the hand that are kept around just to antimidate others while they are supporting a line.

Has nothing to do with any of my union friends and their years of hard work and sacrifice.
    I was approached 26 years ago.I knew I could do more than what a union could offer me.I did not have a buddy on the inside with a bunch of years making things easier for me(seen it)

One last thing.The only California const. plumber I know not suffering while this rat infested boat sinks is a guy working out of our local at a refinery in Illinois.

Comment

It's not the actual Union workers I have a problem with (yes you have many bad apples), it's the guys in the higher pay grade making all the decisions for these Unions that I have a problem with. The propaganda that's being spoon fed to these workers, they are eating it up like a fat kid in a candy store.

Until the day Unions stop hanging around our tax dollars, bilking billions of dollars out of us..I'll always have a problem with them.

I know plenty of Union guys who hate everything the Union stands for, but yet tows the company line in fear of losing their job. I hear the stories about everything bought has to be American, and on voting day you better be voting Democrat.

The Left preys on Unions - minorities-illegals-and young people to get their agenda through. They only thing these Politicians on the left care about is votes, and if it means giving them money/amnesty etc...they will do it to stay in power.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
        Be carefull what you wish for.
        Haven't you noticed.All the non union contractors will only hire illegals.
        I was at the hotel doing a call at 5:30AM.Out front were about thirty non-citizens coming out of there rooms to load up and go out to pull all the Verizon cable upgrades in the area.
        That's Frankiarms old job isn't it

Profit Baby
        I'm talking GOVT. EMPLOYEES AND TEACHERS
        UNIONS ONLY
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

We had city employees eating breakfast at 8:30 am in city trucks....about 20 of them a day lined up in a local fastfood place....my uncle put a stop to that He was like he was a cop and his job was to bust city workers screwing off And he did all the time

Comment

I see that more hate and silly stories were posted and I see no point in giving them any attention. I am more concerned with how all this will play out for the good of our country and citizens. In my opinion there must be a renegotiation of Union government contract especially in the area of pensions. Our great country has seen the evolution of Unions and workers rights, and continues to evolve. I see the move in Wisconsin as a necessary course correction.

Whatever becomes of Unions in our country, I hope we don't go too far backwards regarding the safety and security of workers and their work place. Ultimately though, it is the future of our country that most concerns me. Overspending by both the democrats and republicans, debt to communist china along with our trade deficit cannot be ignored. Cutting taxes without growing non government jobs will do nothing to help our situation.

Maybe the country and folks who "hate" Unions need to get all this out of their system in order to turn their attention to more important things. How many more years can be wasted passing costly ineffective legislation and sweetheart deals? Union and nonUnion workers, business owners, all of us want a country that makes sense and functions.

I am proud of my years as a Union member and understand opposing views that were posted. I don't respect the stupid comments of "hate" and anti Union bragging, they do nothing to educate or enlighten. I retired with a decent pension and good benefits for which I do not apologize. I worked like a real man doing a tough, dangerous job and was rightly compensated. Good luck America, you are going to need it.

Comment

You like your Union & feel it treats you well. Doesn't necessarily mean others should exist.

I had no idea the heavy handed Union stories even occurred anymore. So it was interesting to hear some of them.

People will fight tooth and nail for what they have been conditioned to believe that they are "owed". Human nature & part of self preservation. People in a Union, PRIVATE sector, & public sector as well.

Right now though, benefits and salaries are out of hand for state & federal workers across America. I can't see how it can sustain itself. I personally know people from my field & comparable trades that are leaping left and right to state jobs because of the overbenefitted and salaried positions.

Now think about it, you have everyone wanting to leave the private sector, to go to work for the public sector. And at the same time the private sector sustains the salaries & benefits for the state workers.

How can you not always be overbudget & having to raise taxes?

Take the overdone benefits & salaries away from them, control trade somewhat, and the system will reverse. They'll go back to the private sector and innovation + desire will get things churning again. Otherwise, it will just be a continuation of short budgets & taxing the ones left in the private sector to death.

Did I say private & public sector enough?

Kinda' back on subject. Now Muammar Gaddafi is on the run. Hadn't heard much out of him in years.

J.C.

Comment

"Now think about it, you have everyone wanting to leave the private sector, to go to work for the public sector. And at the same time the private sector sustains the salaries & benefits for the state workers.

How can you not always be overbudget & having to raise taxes? "

You can't ! J.C., I think too many private sector jobs have been lost to achieve a reversal even if salaries and benfits are reduced. Every time a responsible American worker became unemployed as a result of downsizing, poor economy or some other reason beyond his control, the available work for many other Americans not government employed shrunk.

Get Americans off unemployment and working jobs that pay a living wage and you will see the reveral you envision. Government make work programs and employment are not the answer, never will be.

I listened to Bill O'Reilly say the Unions were going to concede on give backs but the govenor is determined to break the Unions as the bargaining agent for the state workers. You and others may think that will lead to a turn around or return to private sector jobs, but I don't see it happening. We need to plug up the leaks in our economy, and while unrealistic or unsustainable benefits and pensions are part of the problem, how much of your consumer dollar leaves our country never to return? Figure out how that fact will change and I'll agree you that we are on the right track, otherwise what is going on in wisconsin is more spinning the wheels.

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQj-x...layer_embedded

Comment

A better handle on the trade deficit would be a good start.

Would you believe that some economists argue that we are better off economically with our current "free trade" and the trade deficit? Just as it is!

I don't believe that what is happening in Wisconsin is "spinning the wheels" at all. It's similar to what I've been saying for awhile. They apparently have had salaries, benefits, and a Union with collective bargaining that needs to be reigned in for the state as a whole to progress.

And just as I stated, they will fight tooth and nail to keep what they have learned that they are "owed". Most won't want change that affects their bottom line no matter how fair it might be. I have to confess, I don't know exactly what the governor is proposing.

Anyone? What changes is the governor of Wisconsin proposing that is so controversial to the state employees?

I will say this, regardless of whatever politics I know or don't supposedly understand....

Those 14 Senators that ran away from their state as a political move are p*ssies for the rest of their lives.

Don't care where they've been or what they've done. They ran over this.

J.C.

Comment

Enough said...
                      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

Would you believe that some economists argue that we are better off economically with our current "free trade" and the trade deficit? Just as it is!

I don't believe that what is happening in Wisconsin is "spinning the wheels" at all. It's similar to what I've been saying for awhile. They apparently have had salaries, benefits, and a Union with collective bargaining that needs to be reigned in for the state as a whole to progress.

And just as I stated, they will fight tooth and nail to keep what they have learned that they are "owed". Most won't want change that affects their bottom line no matter how fair it might be. I have to confess, I don't know exactly what the governor is proposing.

Anyone? What changes is the governor of Wisconsin proposing that is so controversial to the state employees?

I will say this, regardless of whatever politics I know or don't supposedly understand....

Those 14 Senators that ran away from their state as a political move are p*ssies for the rest of their lives.

J.C.
                        J.C., don't you watch "The Factor", with Bill? Like I said earlier, the govenor wants to prevent the Unions from being the sole bargaining agents for sate Union employees. I don't know if he will get that, doubt the NLRB would allow it if it was already agreed to previously? I agree the democratic senators can't expect a run and hide strategy will either work or make them look good.

I said if other things are not done then I believe this is spinning wheels. Who listens to economists? Don't forget how long it took to get this bad, where were they all these years? Did they advise against NAFTA? Did they warn against trade deficits? How can losing millions of American jobs and strengthening china by becoming dependant on them for most of our consmuer goods be a good thing for our economy? Are these chinese economists?

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post

J.C.
                          Could you imagine the backlash across the country if the Republicans left over this healthcare bill being rammed down our throats? Even though they couldn't stop it, they at least stayed and tried to argue their points. The Dems pushed the Republicans out of the way and TOLD the American people what we were getting. The Dems didn't want any compromise what so ever...but the Republicans at least stayed...and that's important.

These Wisconsin senators that left are costing money to the tax payers. I guess if you can't your way in Politics now..you run and hide and pout like a big baby.

I'm only 38 years old, and I never seen this happen before in Politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                            Could you imagine the backlash across the country if the Republicans left over this healthcare bill being rammed down our throats? Even though they couldn't stop it, they at least stayed and tried to argue their points. The Dems pushed the Republicans out of the way and TOLD the American people what we were getting. The Dems didn't want any compromise what so ever...but the Republicans at least stayed...and that's important.

These Wisconsin senators that left are costing money to the tax payers. I guess if you can't your way in Politics now..you run and hide and pout like a big baby.

I'm only 38 years old, and I never seen this happen before in Politics.
                            Unless they were kidnapped, I think they should face some kind of criminal charges. They were elected to serve the people, not pull a disappearing act and the fact that they did this all at the same time shows some kind of conspiracy. We are seeing some very disgraceful behavior, inexcusable in my opinion!

Comment

Many people are quick to point out that we don't have a free market in the US. They're unfortunately more right than wrong in many cases. But at the same time they want the Government to regulate this, outlaw that, make everything fair, ensure everyone gets thier fair share - whatever that is.

None of that is the point of Government. Government is not about making things fair or making sure everyone is taken care of, and never was.

In fact, the free market system depends on things being unfair. This creates the motivation for people to make choices and decisions. If you don't like the deal you get from an employer, find another job. If you can't find another job that's better, move to a different area or change occupations. It's your problem. It's not the Government's problem.

Unions are not good or bad. What is bad is any law that favors unions or discriminates against them. It is impossible to make a law that doesn't do one or the other, so Gov't should stay out of it. If people want to unionize, great. If an employer wants to bring in non-union labor, great. It's called a free market. Anything else is market manipulation.G ov't's role is just the opposite - to make sure that there is no laws that favor either side. That's "the pursuit of happiness" bit in the Constitution. They allow you to pursue... they don't provide the car and a driver to take you!

When the Gov't makes any laws that muck with the this, they've failed in their job. The Constitution was explicitly designed to protect the free market. Our Gov't, heavily influenced by external forces, has instituted regulations and laws in virtually every area of life. None of this is within the scope of the Constitution.

No one would argue that there is no need for regulation. Where free market forces push in the wrong direction, there must be regulation. For example, no firm or person should be allowed to dump toxic chemicals into the storm drain. But when there is a free market system that will naturally self regulate, the Gov't should stay away.

The result of all this is what we have today. I think the actual cost of all Government in the US (Federal, State and local) is probably around $6.5T. The GDP is about $14T. So Gov't, which is a BURDEN on the economy, represents about 46% of our total economy.

This isn't a little problem.

The Government needs to back waaaaay off of most of the things they are involved in, and they need to do it now. I fully support those few politicians that are trying to do this.

There's literally no more time to entertain insane pensions, teacher's tenure, or any other nonsense that distorts the free market. The Federal Gov't is broke. They can't borrow enough to cover their expenses, that's why the Fed is now the largest holder of Gov't debt instruments. Most of the states are in severe financial trouble. There are those that think MORE Gov't is the answer. It's not!! It's the problem.

Comment

Now Democratic lawmakers from Indiana are fleeing

Comment

Working...
                                X