Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Things You Do Outside of Your Regular Work...

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things You Do Outside of Your Regular Work...

Ok. So most of you know that I am "Assistant to Josh" here at Ridge. I enjoy reading everyone's posts here and comment here and there. But, my topic wonders. What do you do with your time (when you have time) away from your jobs?

I do MANY things:

1. Parent Teacher Organization for my daughter
    2. Graphic Design (recipe cards, wedding invitations, etc).
    3. Dessert Breads

Now, I've been taking cake design classes. Tonight, we worked with cupcakes. Here's what we did. Hopefully my attachments upload correctly!

Cathy
    Attached Files

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Re: Things You Do Outside of Your Regular Work...

Yeah! It worked!

Comment

Play guitar, photography, study plumbing . Etc. etc.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eu_P1Bxq04g

J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 02-24-2011, 11:27 PM.

Comment

i like to
        work my Bloodhound looking for people
        going up north to Maine
        climbing Mt Washington in NH
        and talking to all my friends from all over on the Ridgid forum and FaceBook
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

My favorite thing to do is to tease Joey but beyond that I attend school three nights per week, play with all my family and burn up the highways between Southern California and Utah.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
            My favorite thing to do is to tease Joey but beyond that I attend school three nights per week, play with all my family and burn up the highways between Southern California and Utah.

Mark
            What schooling are you doing?

(If you want to say.)

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

I date wealthy women for money

Comment

Everything I do any more is away from work!

Cathy, that looks like week 3 of Michael's Wilton Cake Decorating class. My 13 year old daughter is taking it at Michael's in Avon, but on Monday nights. All we've been doing around here is eating cake and cupcakes, and there's 8 more weeks of it with all three classes! I've lost 20 pounds since I retired, but this class may do me in!
                Steve
                www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  What schooling are you doing?

(If you want to say.)

Thanks.

J.C.
                  I have been taking Water Technology classes. This semester I have three advance classes; Advanced Water Math, Advanced Water Chemistry and Advanced Water Distribution. After this I will have a two semesters of Water Treatment and two semesters of Waste Water Management.

Mark
                  Last edited by ToUtahNow; 02-27-2011, 05:46 PM.
                  "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                    i like to
                    work my Bloodhound looking for people
                    going up north to Maine
                    climbing Mt Washington in NH
                    and talking to all my friends from all over on the Ridgid forum and FaceBook
                    Nice..I'll be sure not to rob any banks in your neck of the woods

From sept.15 to Jan. 31, I persue the ever elusive whitetail deer, then theres turkey season, then theres bar-b-q season, By then it seems the cycle starts all over again..Archery is big on my list..Good playin JC ..I picked up a mandolin about a year ago..Still can't play a tune
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

cathy, you're in charge of the dessert table at the next roundup

bring the samples into ridgid tomorrow/ friday

my hobby when not on the forum is changing phoebe's diapers

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Nice looking cupcakes and icing! Did you use a pastry bag and tips? I like to cook meals and deserts (cake, cupcakes, puddings and such). I make a mean devils food cupcake that I fill with fresh made whipped cream.MMMMMMMMMMM
                        I've been baking birthday and holiday cakes for years, including my own spin on strawberry shortcake. I'm retired now but when I worked, off time was spent fixing up the house and cars, lifting weights and crafting, origami, beading, etc.

Comment

My "extras" have changed over the years. When I worked (retired for about seven years now), I used to do a lot of freelance graphics, photography, and similar "work" stuff.

I'm supposedly "retired", but I think all that means is that I work for free now. Between the two houses, I have more work than I need or care to do. Extra's like my hobbies in Ham Radio, reading, playing with the Miata, photography, and hiking have all taken a backseat. About the only "extra" thing that I commit too is leading an FCC exam team for our region. It also seems that I've been doing an awful lot of snow shoveling these last couple of months.

Most everything else is tied to project stuff around the home. I still like to draw/illustrate and most of my projects start off with doing an illustration of it first and working out the details before I start making sawdust.

The family keeps me fairly busy too, and I don't find very much spare time anymore. I've all kinds of stuff from past hobbies just waiting for me to have the time to re-involve myself in them. Maybe next year!

CWS

Comment

Yes, that is the Week 3 Wilton class. I'm taking it at the Joann at North Olmsted. Didn't know about the Joann in Avon. I am also taking the next level 2 classes. So, as it stands now, I'll be in class until May. Then, come May is the "Tall Cakes" class. VERY interesting indeed.

Rick,
                            No reason to bring samples to work. Everyone in Marketing knows my STUFF. The weekend before Christmas this year, I baked 13 (thirteen) batches of my dessert breads. Each batch can make the equivalent of 2 full-sized breads. But, I use smaller pans so more people can enjoy the yummies! They have joked with me about setting me up with a stove and oven at work. Bake while I'm working!

But, I would be happy to bake for the next Roundup. We NEED to have one this year. I really didn't get a chance to meet and greet with everyone. This would be my opportunity (hint, hint).

Types of dessert breads? It all started from a Zucchini bread recipe given to me from my husband's grandmother. The types I make now? Strawberry, Blueberry, Banana, Apple, Pumpkin, Peach, Raspberry, Pineapple. But, I have also made Chocolate Chip Banana and am experimenting with Cherry and Blackberry. It's all about the EXTRACTS!

Cathy

I'm going to try my hand at making the banana bread as a cake and frosting it (that's where the cake decorating comes into play).

Comment

After I work alot of hours [ I know everyone here does that ] , I am a Vol firefighter

Comment

Working...
                              X