X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Libya: An opportunity for al Qaeda?

Yesterday we listened to the insane ranting of kadafi as he spoke of al queda terrorists using mind control drugs to manipulate his citizens towards revolution.
    Today there are reports that al queda may be involved in that countries uprising and the struggle for power

Should America send troops to libya, to help in the revolution or fight al quaeda? What is the right thing to do

Re: Libya: An opportunity for al Qaeda?

The same thing we are doing with Egypt.........nothing

There are rich and powerful men behind these middle east uprisings and many of those men are right here in America. Men with the money and power to topple governments and they have done so many times.
    sigpic

Comment

You know the answers.

We have no business meddling there. We can't afford more poorly considered political wars that lack definable objectives. Al Qaeda is everywhere it wants to be anyway, we've proved to ourselves that we certainly can't control it. And even if the above wasn't true, between Viet Nam and Iraq, we should have learned that conventional military is not effective against terrorist groups.

Comment

I believe Robert Gates answered your question while giving a speech at West Point.

Comment

If we listened to General Patton... the middle east would of never been an issue.

As far as I'm concerned, we should of leveled it and turned it into a waste dump years ago. I'm sick and tired of hearing about those people. It has been never ending for 1000's of years, as you can't talk to those people with reason.

No military action will be done from us anyway, with Obama and his cronies sympathizing and supporting a lot of what's going on over there.

Plus I don't want to be going over there anyway, unless it's to do the job right and end all this silliness over there.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
            If we listened to General Patton... the middle east would of never been an issue.

As far as I'm concerned, we should of leveled it and turned it into a waste dump years ago. I'm sick and tired of hearing about those people. It has been never ending for 1000's of years, as you can't talk to those people with reason.

No military action will be done from us anyway, with Obama and his cronies sympathizing and supporting a lot of what's going on over there.

Plus I don't want to be going over there anyway, unless it's to do the job right and end all this silliness over there.
            That's a very uncaring. unChristian attitude! Those people live in those countries and that's their way of life. What kind of way is that to speak? Talk of leveling a country and turning it into a waste dump? On the other hand I'm getting ten miles to a gallon with my Ford Explorer, so what are we waiting for?
            The U.N. is a joke, other countries hate us, china is ready to take us out, while we are still the most powerful country in the world I say bomb the middle east, russia, china, north korea and france (never did like france). I want to see $ 0.50 a gallon gasoline!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
              That's a very uncaring. unChristian attitude! Those people live in those countries and that's their way of life. What kind of way is that to speak? Talk of leveling a country and turning it into a waste dump? On the other hand I'm getting ten miles to a gallon with my Ford Explorer, so what are we waiting for?
              The U.N. is a joke, other countries hate us, china is ready to take us out, while we are still the most powerful country in the world I say bomb the middle east, russia, china, north korea and france (never did like france). I want to see $ 0.50 a gallon gasoline!!!
              So what? I could care less about those people as they have been a thorn in society's side since the beginning of time. You don't see American's going around blowing people up and murdering them in the name of Jesus Christ.

I have no problems with what those idiots do on their own soil...but when you crash Planes into our buildings in the name of Allah...I have a major problem with that.

$0.50 a gallon of gas? Keep dreaming pops!

Comment

Thousands and thousands of people have been killed in the name of Jesus Christ. Start with the crusades for one.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                  Thousands and thousands of people have been killed in the name of Jesus Christ. Start with the crusades for one.
                  Was the crusades more about occupying territory or killing people because Jesus Christ told them too?

Not a very good example at all.

Comment

It's never really about what Christ or Muhammad or any other deity told them to do. It's always about money, power, land
                    sigpic

Comment

It's never really about what Christ or Muhammad or any other deity told them to do. It's always about money, power, land
                      To be honest, I'll never understand why some in society get so upset because of religion and want to have wars over it. My views on some issues in life may seem radical to some, but to get upset because someone prays to a different god just seems like a ridiculous thing to get mad about.

The problem I have it that most of the people over there in the middle east want the rest of the world to follow the same laws and religions as they do, and that's not right. If I wanted to follow those laws and religions, I would move over there. Personally, I think those people have been brain washed all of their lives to hate the West.

America caters to all faiths and religions..and that's why people have come to this country to feel free.

Comment

I think you are forgetting a couple of things... the Suez Canal and OIL!

If the shoe was on the other foot, as they say... and for some reason Pennsylvania was the only gateway to the west, and good ol' COAL was the most sought after source of energy in the world, you might well have a different opinion. Especially if you lived in a ghetto, couldn't find a job, and the lands that your ancestors used to tread on was now under the control of Arabs, Egyptions, etc. and their Islamic ways were taking all the resources out of "your" backyard to feed "their" ways of life.

I'm not saying that they are unreasonable, and I sure as heck am not sticking up for any of their behaviour or attacks on us... but, there are "reasons" why the situation exists the way it does and I don't think any of it is as clearly defined or understood by most of us.

CWS

Comment

"Most" of the people in the middle east are not radicals. Most of them are ordinary people trying to eek out a living, with wives and parents and children just like us. The vast bulk of them do not run around shooting people and blowing themselves up. They are scared to death and going through hell.

The suggestion that they should be wiped out amounts to a suggestion of genocide as foreign policy. That's just plain nuts. And "most" of THEM are crazy?

Have you ever met or worked with anyone from Egypt or Pakistan or Iran? I would guess from your comments that you haven't. They are not all running around with bombs strapped on. They work all day and can't wait to go home to see their wives and kids, just like you and me.

Keep in mind that the world thinks that America is an imperialist country that bullies other sovreign nations with military power. They have more justification in thinking this than we do to in thinking that they're dangerous crazies. How many wars or attacks have we waged on foreign soil since the 1950s? Name another country that has done as much in the same period of time! One would have to be delusional to deny that the justification for the Iraq war was manufactured. Korea and IRan are both far larger threats to US security than Iraq ever was. And why exactly were we in Viet Nam? Strategic value? Yeah... right. A lot of people made a lot of money off of that war. The Vietnamese didn't want it. The American public didn't want it. The world didn't want it. There was, as history has shown, no point to it. So, is the world justified in characterizing Americans as a bunch of loonies because of the idiocy and corruption in Washington? Then why do we think middle easterners are "mostly" some sort of radical cult because of the influence of a vocal cult of equally idiotic and corrupt fools?

Too much TV, I guess. Sad when we let TV commentators do our thinking for us.

edit: Don't foget that we have a very powerful group, the religious right, that has an active agenda to impose their sense of morality and right and wrong on us. THat "doesn't count" to many people because they agree with it. But irrespective of your position on the issues, the fact is that the US was founded on a few priciples... a big one being that Government would stay out of religion. Are the religios right wing extremists any different than Islamic fundamentalists? No, in the big picture, they're not.
                          Last edited by Andy_M; 02-26-2011, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Why can't we just hate whoever we want without justifying ourselves? How do we know history is what really happened? "My God is the only true God and I shall have no false God's before me now enough of all those other phoney religions! "God Bless America", they are referring to the Christian God. What's with all this freedom of religion anyway. does nothing but cause trouble.

Comment

Inquisition

Comment

Working...
                              X