Jet Lag

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jet Lag

I hate it. Slept from 1400-0015 because my mind still thinks I'm somewhere else. On the other hand the house is so quiet when everyone is asleep.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Jet Lag

would that be from 2:00 pm - 12:15 am for us non military/medical civilians

my sleeping habits are off too for the last 6 1/2 months

when i travel out of the country, it takes me a week to get back into the full swing of things. just like you, my vacations are not rest and relaxation

never knew you were missing

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Don't worry. I'll know that feeling soon enough.

Comment

Welcome back to the world, Ben.

Gunner, keep your head down and always check six.

Comment

Can you say where you have been? if not the base how about the country. I have been woundering what anaconda is like after 5 more years but all the people I had e mails from are home now.

Comment

I was in Konduz, Afghanistan. Nothing top secret about this last deployment. I was QC and Safety Supervisor. Know enough about concrete that I never want to see it again. The guys poured and finished (all by hand) enough concrete for a 12 mile sidewalk.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              I hate it. Slept from 1400-0015 because my mind still thinks I'm somewhere else. On the other hand the house is so quiet when everyone is asleep.
              Funny thing about jet lag. When I was doing vibration work we would fly from New York bright and early in the AM to LA, then to Hawaii then to Guam, (or Saipan) then travel immediately to a Marine Prepositioning ship, and commence work. We would spend roughly 12 hours doing a vibration and infrared survey of the rotating and electrical equipment on board ship. The flight time would be in the 24 hour range, with travel to the site and work it could be another 18 hours before we get to a hotel or see a rack. (bed) I would experience no jet lag that I was aware of, and wouldn't sleep on the planes at all. (We did sometimes have contests to see who could clean them out of certain bottles of Gran Marnier or JWBlack.) Then no jet lag, but headache.

On the other hand, coming back (West to East) knocked the crap out of me everytime. It's a week figuring out when to be up or have my eyes closed!!
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

I was in Konduz, Afghanistan. Nothing top secret about this last deployment. I was QC and Safety Supervisor. Know enough about concrete that I never want to see it again. The guys poured and finished (all by hand) enough concrete for a 12 mile sidewalk.
                That's alot of troweling!!

THANK YOU for serving!!
                Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Oh lovely, that means I'm going to have to come in from behind with a sledgehammer to trench in conduit for area lighting!

Comment

Working...
                  X