X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: War Mongers

And why are we there? This isn't our business over there.
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      I though when Obama took office that he was going to pull the troups out of Irac by July two years ago. Still there. How about Afganastan? Now we are bombing Lybia. Gee wiz Wally, I always thought the Democrats were the party of peace and brotherly love.
      We are sorta, kinda, maybe going to get rid of Kaddafi. Or not.

Comment

Originally posted by Abbott View Post
        We are sorta, kinda, maybe going to get rid of Kaddafi. Or not.
        Is that for sure? I hate that there is no admission of intent other than to "protect" the locals. We are involved in three wars, have no energy policy or plan to fix the economy (jobs). I think Palin would have showed more decisiveness.

We need a leader, a President who acts with authority. Any suggestions?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          Is that for sure? I hate that there is no admission of intent other than to "protect" the locals. We are involved in three wars, have no energy policy or plan to fix the economy (jobs). I think Palin would have showed more decisiveness.

We need a leader, a President who acts with authority. Any suggestions?
          I think you could pick any one of a number of this forum's posters--they seem to have all the answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
            I think you could pick any one of a number of this forum's posters--they seem to have all the answers.

OH!!!! OH!!!!....Pick me ! Pick me!!!!!!!!

I'm way over due for a vacation
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
              Kid, I meant that question to be rhetorical (been wanting to use that word). Seriously, I doubt any candidate has any grand plan to fix anything. Why are we still borrowng money to fight wars and have more brave young Americans wounded or killed? Why are we not drilling for oil, building refineries, converting to natural gas or developing clean coal use or the much talked about alternative energies and "Green" jobs??? I won't even go into the economy and jobs!

Some questions and problems don't have answers or solutions. I think our political system has reached a plateau of uselessness. We vote for the lesser of two evils and end up with just that. If our legislators were men and women of honor and foresight, they would cut spending across the board. They would hurt a lot of folks now to save a lot down the road. they would work together for the better good and stop fighting to push their individual agendas.

I would be embarassed to defend either political party at this point, they both share the blame for this mess.

Comment

Kid, I meant that question to be rhetorical (been wanting to use that word). Seriously, I doubt any candidate has any grand plan to fix anything. Why are we still borrowng money to fight wars and have more brave young Americans wounded or killed? Why are we not drilling for oil, building refineries, converting to natural gas or developing clean coal use or the much talked about alternative energies and "Green" jobs??? I won't even go into the economy and jobs!

Some questions and problems don't have answers or solutions. I think our political system has reached a plateau of uselessness. We vote for the lesser of two evils and end up with just that. If our legislators were men and women of honor and foresight, they would cut spending across the board. They would hurt a lot of folks now to save a lot down the road. they would work together for the better good and stop fighting to push their individual agendas.

I would be embarassed to defend either political party at this point, they both share the blame for this mess.
                O don`t be like that Frank without America protecting the world so that we can have cheap oil where would we be and does China own your crusie missels you are fireing at gaddafi and what is the interest they are charging

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                  OH!!!! OH!!!!....Pick me ! Pick me!!!!!!!!

I'm way over due for a vacation
                  Just the thought of being in that position makes me want to puke. I don't know that anyone can keep their pre-election values. I imagine that once you sit down in the seat, there are a few people that walk into the office, and say well, Mr. President, Here is all of the stuff that you and the rest of the free world didn't know about. Good luck! and they laugh to themselves on the way out the door.
                  "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Shortly after unrest broke out in eastern Libya in mid-February, reports emerged that an "Islamic Emirate" had been declared in the eastern Libyan town of Darnah and that, furthermore, the alleged head of that Emirate, Abdul-Hakim al-Hasadi, was a former detainee at the American prison camp in Guantánamo.
                    I wonder how our pilots like the fact that they are now protecting the same people they have spent the last few years trying to kill.

Syrian government troops today opened fire on a crowd of civilian protesters. Are we going into Syria next as "right to protect?"

Is there anyone in charge that knows what they are doing?

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                      O don`t be like that Frank without America protecting the world so that we can have cheap oil where would we be and does China own your crusie missels you are fireing at gaddafi and what is the interest they are charging

Tony
                      How does it feel to live in a country that can't protect itself?

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                        How does it feel to live in a country that can't protect itself?
                        Man I thought I had balls...you have brass ones!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                          Man I thought I had balls...you have brass ones!!!
                          Tony likes to stir the pot and get a rise out of us. Seriously, is there any doubt in any one's mind that the USA can't defend itself? We have simply been too generous in defending others around the world and too generous in providing for our own citizens. The bill is coming due and it's time to cut back on the benefits, government programs and global activities that have overextended our economy. Without the USA, china would be broke and the world would have no one to save it from scum like sadaam or the rest of those hitler wannbees.

The USA may not be perfect but I don't see any of our immigrants running back to their homelands!

Comment

Tony likes to stir the pot and get a rise out of us. Seriously, is there any doubt in any one's mind that the USA can't defend itself? We have simply been too generous in defending others around the world and too generous in providing for our own citizens. The bill is coming due and it's time to cut back on the benefits, government programs and global activities that have overextended our economy. Without the USA, china would be broke and the world would have no one to save it from scum like sadaam or the rest of those hitler wannbees.

The USA may not be perfect but I don't see any of our immigrants running back to their homelands!
                            I was questioning Australias ability to defend what they call their country...its really a big island that we protect and let them call it their own because we are nice people.... Let him put that in his Australian pipe and smoke it.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                              I was questioning Australias ability to defend what they call their country...its really a big island that we protect and let them call it their own because we are nice people.... Let him put that in his Australian pipe and smoke it.
                              We should also take the time to teach them how to brew beer and play football
                              Last edited by Abbott; 03-25-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

I wondered how long it would take for this one to get ugly. Oh well, there goes my nomination for post of the week
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X