Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: War Mongers

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    I wondered how long it would take for this one to get ugly. Oh well, there goes my nomination for post of the week

It's a good thread...its just a tough subject.
    Last edited by Abbott; 03-25-2011, 08:02 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
      How does it feel to live in a country that can't protect itself?
      Its Fantastic we have you to do it for us as we are always fighting and dying in the wars that you seem to start and never finish and there is a vast difference between our two countries in populations and we Aus don`t want to be the world policeman but as one of your allies we pull our waite

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        Its Fantastic we have you to do it for us as we are always fighting and dying in the wars that you seem to start and never finish and there is a vast difference between our two countries in populations and we Aus don`t want to be the world policeman but as one of your allies we pull our waite

Tony
        You might should read up on World War II. You should be grateful to the United States that you dont speak a mix between German and Japanese

The Japanese will be looking for a new island in a few years because of the radiation.....The U.S. needs to pay its debt to China. I say we give Australia to China to pay our debt off and they can rent it to the Japanese.

We are the world police because the world needs to be policed or history will repeat itself and we will be back saving your azz's again.
        Last edited by TheMaster; 03-27-2011, 08:21 AM.

Comment

Australia's troops have stood shoulder to shoulder with ours through every war/police action since WWII. They are loyal allies and I thank them all for their service.
          sigpic

Comment

The collapse of British power in the Pacific also led Australia to reorient its foreign and military policy towards the United States. In February 1942 the US and British Governments agreed that Australia would become a strategic responsibility of the United States and the Allied ANZAC Force was created specifically to defend the Australian continent

The above was copied and pasted. Looks like the British couldn't handle the responsibility so they handed Australia off to us.....that was my whole point.

So for an Australian to claim they die for the wars we start is a slap in the face to America.

Comment

Perhaps you should check out their war casualty statistics since WWII. They are and have been fighting and dying in wars that we have started. Are you going to say that that is the price they have to pay for our alliegence.
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                Perhaps you should check out their war casualty statistics since WWII. They are and have been fighting and dying in wars that we have started. Are you going to say that that is the price they have to pay for our alliegence.
                Yes thats the price we pay and its no cheaper for the australians.

Here is another copy and paste:
                --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Britain's Statute of Westminster 1931 formally ended most of the constitutional links between Australia and the UK. Australia adopted it in 1942,[61] but it was backdated to 1939 to confirm the validity of legislation passed by the Australian Parliament during World War II.[62][63] The shock of the UK's defeat in Asia in 1942 and the threat of Japanese invasion caused Australia to turn to the United States as a new ally and protector.[64] Since 1951, Australia has been a formal military ally of the US, under the ANZUS treaty.[65] After World War II Australia encouraged immigration from Europe. Since the 1970s and following the abolition of the White Australia policy, immigration from Asia and elsewhere was also promoted.[66] As a result, Australia's demography, culture, and self-image were transformed.[67] The final constitutional ties between Australia and the UK were severed with the passing of the Australia Act 1986, ending any British role in the government of the Australian States, and closing the option of judicial appeals to the Privy Council in London.[68] In a 1999 referendum, 55% of Australian voters and a majority in every Australian state rejected a proposal to become a republic with a president appointed by a two-thirds vote in both Houses of the Australian Parliament. Since the election of the Whitlam Government in 1972,[69] there has been an increasing focus in foreign policy on ties with other Pacific Rim nations, while maintaining close ties with Australia's traditional allies and trading partners.[70]
                Last edited by TheMaster; 03-27-2011, 02:52 PM. Reason: adda copy n paste

Comment

Yes thats the price we pay and its no cheaper for the australians.

Here is another copy and paste:
                  --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                  Britain's Statute of Westminster 1931 formally ended most of the constitutional links between Australia and the UK. Australia adopted it in 1942,[61] but it was backdated to 1939 to confirm the validity of legislation passed by the Australian Parliament during World War II.[62][63] The shock of the UK's defeat in Asia in 1942 and the threat of Japanese invasion caused Australia to turn to the United States as a new ally and protector.[64] Since 1951, Australia has been a formal military ally of the US, under the ANZUS treaty.[65] After World War II Australia encouraged immigration from Europe. Since the 1970s and following the abolition of the White Australia policy, immigration from Asia and elsewhere was also promoted.[66] As a result, Australia's demography, culture, and self-image were transformed.[67] The final constitutional ties between Australia and the UK were severed with the passing of the Australia Act 1986, ending any British role in the government of the Australian States, and closing the option of judicial appeals to the Privy Council in London.[68] In a 1999 referendum, 55% of Australian voters and a majority in every Australian state rejected a proposal to become a republic with a president appointed by a two-thirds vote in both Houses of the Australian Parliament. Since the election of the Whitlam Government in 1972,[69] there has been an increasing focus in foreign policy on ties with other Pacific Rim nations, while maintaining close ties with Australia's traditional allies and trading partners.[70]
                  It looks like someone was goggling last night but it dosen`t alter the facts that we are still allies and friends and I am prude of Australia as you are of America and sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Tony

Comment

O don`t be like that Frank without America protecting the world so that we can have cheap oil where would we be and does China own your crusie missels you are fireing at gaddafi and what is the interest they are charging

Tony

Tony
                    It looks like someone was goggling last night but it dosen`t alter the facts that we are still allies and friends and I am prude of Australia as you are of America and sticks and stones will break my bones but names will never hurt me.

Tony
                    Actually it was yesterday and yes I googled it. I never denied the fact that we are allies and friends.

It seems you do not honor that friendship by your comments about American policy.

Comment

Tony
                      Tony always throws digs at the USA, and usually in a more humorous way. This comment was in response to some back and forth insults. We here on the Forum don't make American war policy, our brave sons and daughters just serve and sacrifice for us and others. I'm sure if our military leaders chose to have us win in Vietnam, we would have finished that war!

I think the world needs policemen. We have all this wonderful communication and can't claim ignorance to the human rights violations. We knew of the rape and torture in iraq, and we know of the horror in other places such as the sudan. What is our role in the world? What is the role of democratic nations? We keep hearing about the "global" economy, is money all we share?
                      No! We share a planet and all the ecology that goes with it as made clear by the recent disaster in Japan. We should share in the defense of innocent lives and hold leaders who rape, torture and kill accountable.
                      America is like a bystander watching a woman or child getting beaten by a bully. America does not stand by helplessly, but steps out of the crowd and makes a difference. This behavior brings attention to our country, and since we are not a perfect society with perfect people, we have our problems which come under the world's microscope.

I think the question is simple, do you ignore abuse, or do you take action?
                      This goes for your daily life and your nation's values as part of a global community.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                        Tony always throws digs at the USA,
                        Yep, its all the poor guy has to say. Tony if you ever want to fly over for a visit I would cheerfully take you out and about to meet some real fine and friendly people. Many nice folks just like most of the Australians I have met. Not one of them will spend any time telling you how bad your country is but a couple of them will knock you on your @$$ for bad mouthing theirs.

Comment

Actually it was yesterday and yes I googled it. I never denied the fact that we are allies and friends.

It seems you do not honor that friendship by your comments about American policy.
                          At least I live in a demoracy where freedom speech is allowed and I can have an opinion which is different to yours without being taken away at 2am in the morning and being shot.

Tony

Comment

At least I live in a demoracy where freedom speech is allowed and I can have an opinion which is different to yours without being taken away at 2am in the morning and being shot.

Tony
                            Because the U.S. starts wars.....and then Australians hafta go die for it. So now I ask...Does the U.S. start wars or does the U.S. try to give the world what we value most...FREEDOM? The same freedom your so proud to have.
                            Some clown decides to use military aircraft to kill his own people and we get blamed for starting a war. Check yoself.

Comment

IMO the US has no business being in Libya. The "human atrocities" argument is pretty lame since the US has refrained from getting involved in many other countries many times where the atrocities were more pronounced than they are in Libya.

As I see it, Gadaffi may be a lunatic but he has his supporters. In essence, there is a civil war going on there. The US is picking sides, plain and simple. More importantly, I can't see any constitutional basis for this action. The US was not in any danger from Libya. Congress did not authorize the action via declaration of war. That makes this unconstitutional.

We are being treated to yet another discussion by a President to the tune of, "it's not really a war, so I don't need Congress to make a declaration". To that I say, Bull. A no-fly zone over the airspace of a sovereign nation is an act of war. Missile and bomb attacks on ground targets are acts of war. Inventing the term "kinetic military action" doesn't make these acts of war into something else. The incessant wordsmithing coming out of Washington, from this administration and the one before it, should incense all Americans. I have already contacted my Representative and expressed that I favor Congress defunding the action.

The US is now involved in three wars. War is the single most expensive endevor a Government can undertake in terms of money and human life. None of the three wars makes a lick of sense to me.

Comment

So, what is the mission, to oust a ruler or not. What I don't get is this, why wage an expensive air campaign to oust a murderous tyrant? What happened to black-ops, what happened to our highly trained snipers, what happened to the CIA? One would think taking out this idiot would a cake walk at 2000 yards with a 50mm high powered sniper rifle in the hands of our elite forces.... something is fishy about all of this...

Comment

Working...
                                X