X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• War Mongers

I though when Obama took office that he was going to pull the troups out of Irac by July two years ago. Still there. How about Afganastan? Now we are bombing Lybia. Gee wiz Wally, I always thought the Democrats were the party of peace and brotherly love.
    sigpic

Re: War Mongers

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    I though when Obama took office that he was going to pull the troups out of Irac by July two years ago. Still there. How about Afganastan? Now we are bombing Lybia. Gee wiz Wally, I always thought the Democrats were the party of peace and brotherly love.
    Yeah I read that article last night on a local website. It was a mixed force of French, British and US forces launching missles. Well, keep in mind Kadaffi pulled a "blitzkrieg" the day he ordered a cease-fire, hoping to get into the city, shoot up the place, and get the hell out before the UN can react.

Still, any conflict where the French were in first, followed by the British, then the US dragged in should bring back some bitter memories.

Comment

At least the bomb factory workers will keep busy for awhile
      sigpic

Comment

..... I always thought the Democrats were the party of peace and brotherly love.
        Only when it is the current politically correct thing to do. Both parties are masters at talking out of both sides of their mouths. I would love to see some of the so called anti-war Democrats condemn Obama for this action but of course that won't happen. If it was wrong for Bush it should also be wrong for Obama shouldn't it? Well.......... shouldn't it?
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dont forget about closing Gitmo and creating jobs......I guess that didn't work so he is going to start another war.....

Comment

At least the bomb factory workers will keep busy for awhile
            That's the idea

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWS-FoXbjVI

HEY GADAFFI, WE'RE COMIN FOR YOU MOTHERfugger! GONNA KILL YOU LIKE WE KILLED YOUR ADOPTED DAUGHTER IN '86

all copy + paste

Comment

Remember that it was Kennedy and (primarily) Johnson that escalated Viet Nam.

FDR was a democrat.

Woodrow Wilson was a democrat.

Bush (41 and 43) and Iraq was very un-republican behavior, although it was about oil and in that sense consistent with the allegiances.

Comment

The next republican candidate for President should have an easy win, all he or she has to do is promise jobs, promise no more war and to withdraw troops. These promises will not be kept, same as Obama, but all that matters is what you say during the campaign. Come on President Obama, let's hear some more about those green jobs and that bright future as teachers are losing their jobs and republicans are busy breaking Unions. Great way to pass time, but we need both parties to come together and reduce spending, create jobs and make a better future not just talk about one.

Comment

Not to start thread drift but I really can't see how President Obama will get reelected. He hasn't really produced on any policy nor is the nation in better shape (long term) as a whole.
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                      Not to start thread drift but I really can't see how President Obama will get reelected. He hasn't really produced on any policy nor is the nation in better shape (long term) as a whole.
                      Not defending Obama, but I wonder if McCain would have done any better at this point? Obama is going to South America and if he can get in bed (make peace) with chavez, maybe that will lead to something he can use towards re-election? Lower fuel prices, I don't know? He is not going to suddenly create jobs, end wars, or solve anything else in my opinion.

In my opinion it doesn't much matter who wins the next Presidency. If the democrats and republicans can't agree to mass spending cuts, along with some kind of plan to create jobs we will still be headed for disaster.

Comment

I'm sure the next election will be another "anyone other than" election.

Mark
                        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I am breaking out the game "Risk", and playing along at this point. Who owns North Korea, or is it the South? Lets Battle.
                          "don't put that in your mouth, you don't know where it's been"

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbingbyjay View Post
                            I am breaking out the game "Risk", and playing along at this point. Who owns North Korea, or is it the South? Lets Battle.
                            Never liked Risk very much.

Stratego was my favorite!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                              Obama is going to South America and if he can get in bed (make peace) with chavez, maybe that will lead to something he can use towards re-election? Lower fuel prices, I don't know?

Presumably all the oil Venezuela currently produces makes it to the marketplace so the supply of oil, it seems to me, would remain unchanged no matter what kind of deal O would make with C.

No change in supply = no drop in price if everything else remains the same. (Ie: demand, uncertainty, etc.)
                              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Working...
                              X