guilty or not guilty?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: guilty or not guilty?

Jury duty thats novel whenever I`m called I just get a Justice of the peace to sign a few papers that I am self employed and carn`t just close my business down for the time it would take for the trail if they paid the some as I earn per day I would think twice but they won`t.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
      Jury duty thats novel whenever I`m called I just get a Justice of the peace to sign a few papers that I am self employed and carn`t just close my business down for the time it would take for the trail if they paid the some as I earn per day I would think twice but they won`t.

Tony
      Being self employed doesn't excuse you here.
      I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
        And it really shouldn't. Lots of people have jobs that are important, but we all need to serve. There were like 4 lawyers in the pool when I went (I didn't get empaneled), and none of them were excused either. With all the complaints of bogus lawsuits against tradesmen, you would hope that some of them wouldn't mind being on a jury for their peers.

Comment

My cousin is a pharmacist and owns his own pharmacy. He had to close down and a lot of people depended on him to get their medications. I do feel there should be some exceptions to the self employed rule.
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
            Now come on Joey how would Rick have felt if he had been selected for a murder trail that went for weeks and have to close his plumbing business and how much money would he be prepared to lose?

Tony

Comment

i wasn't really concerned about the money

i was really more pissed about the lack of scheduling and the added inconvenience to my customers.

of course a 1 day case turned into 5 days with all the jockeying by the defense lawyer.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                Now come on Joey how would Rick have felt if he had been selected for a murder trail that went for weeks and have to close his plumbing business and how much money would he be prepared to lose?

Tony
                He lost more in one night on ebay! This was for traffic court.
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Comment

Who are you people that can't get out of jury duty?

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
                    Who are you people that can't get out of jury duty?
                    Anyone can get out of being on a jury by answering the questions "wrong" (i.e. I can't be impartial). That doesn't mean you can get out of going there.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                      Anyone can get out of being on a jury by answering the questions "wrong" (i.e. I can't be impartial). That doesn't mean you can get out of going there.

All you have to do is be seen arguing with the bubbler on the water fountain at the court house and no one will force you to be on jury duty.
                      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Working...
                      X