X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridge Tool - Junior Achievement Bowl-a-Thon

To all my forum-mates. Yes, this is shameless promotion, but for a good cause!

Cassi & I are in the Junior Achievement Bowl-a-Thon on 4/9. We are in need of your help.

Junior Achievement helps kids with business, the world around us, finance, etc. The about page on their site does a wonderful job explaining exactly what they do.

http://www.jacleveland.org/

We of Ridge Tool have participated in the Bowl-a-Thon for a number of years. This will be my second time participating. Cassi will be bowling for the first time.

We would love it if you could help out by supporting us with the event. I am adding both links to our person pages for our team. I am the team captain and trying to get all of our team members on the site. Cassi and I are the first.

You can donate easily through the Web site:
    http://fundraising.jacleveland.org/goto/cathyh

If you would rather help out Cassi, her page is:
    http://fundraising.jacleveland.org/goto/cassih

Thanks to EVERYONE who can help us!

Cathy
    Assistant to Josh

Learnat least one NEWtopic daily!

Re: Ridge Tool - Junior Achievement Bowl-a-Thon

i did ja when i was in 10th grade. now it's time to give back to a program that i truly enjoyed.

thanks, cathy and cassi

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

You ROCK!

Rick is AMAZING! He donated to both Cassi and I. Sadly, my daughter is going to KICK BUTT at the bowl-a-thon. We practiced last night and she beat me by 30 pins. I need some REAL practice over the next week!

Cathy

Comment

do the 2 hand squat roll you might look like a kid doing that style, but you'll have much more control of the ball and direction.

the person that will give you the best advise and lessons will be the beagle brothers /top dawg. remember he won the bowling contest with high score. plus they're in the neighborhood

don't ask joey, she won with low score

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

I can just imagine what I'll REALLY get next week at the bowl-a-thon. I told Cassi she can't back out now since she's got backers for the cause. I think she's extra excited to go do this.

Everyone asked how you came up with your donation amount. I told them here at the office that I had no clue! ($52 each)

Cathy

Comment

it was a preset number based on 2 kids.

go look at your site and the numbers are there

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Cathy,

I was in JA when I was a kid for about 15 minutes. Hopefully you'll have better luck with your kids.

I don't want you to think I'm playing favorites but I gave Cassie a bit more than you. My credit card company declining the 2nd charge. Once I upped it so the amount was different from the first it was accepted. I think it was a credit card theft protection program. Or maybe Chase just doesn't like JA or bowling.

Good luck to you!!
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

No problem at all!

I told her how my sister also sponsored her. As of yesterday she had reached her goal. She was SO excited. She can't wait to bowl Saturday. I told her we bowl at least twice more this week for practice. I'll be telling her at lunch of your generous donation to advance her.

I still have a ways to go (little over half way), but think I'll be able to get people here in the office to sponsor me too! I made my goal higher than hers.

Cathy

Thanks again to you and Rick!

Comment

Whoo! Hoo! I'm at $148 now. Just $52 bucks to go to my personal goal. HMMMM. Time to call in some favors at Cassi's school and my parents. I haven't asked them yet. Since Cassi's past her goal ($139), she's good.

But, THANK YOU so much for sponsoring her. She is so excited to bowl this Saturday.

Just a couple days away now!

Comment

Working...
                  X