Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2012 "Internet Bubble POP" Round 2

Just to make a record of it.

I personally think that we are going to have a DOT COM crash in 2012. In fact it will be larger then the last one.

I mean look at the value of Facebook for example.....150 billion ......ya.........pictures of sex, drugs and other random crap is not worth 150 billion sorry folks......

Ehow now has an IPO and there revenue is all based on Googles traffic which is another IPo.......

Goldman sacks owns most of facebook.......LOL

Get your boots......2012 will be the year of the dot com bubble V 2

Anyone agree?
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Re: 2012 "Internet Bubble POP" Round 2

I would not be suprised if you are right. The last tech bubble burst a few months after I decided I had to get some tech stocks. Maybe I should buy some google stock that would garuntee the down word spiral of there stock price.

Comment

Makes sense that it could happen, but I'm more concerned with other predictions for 2012!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVi_2lHBVhQ

Comment

Frankie, look at the bright side. If 2012 happens, you will not have to worry about all those other things that have had you concerned the last couple of years!

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
          Frankie, look at the bright side. If 2012 happens, you will not have to worry about all those other things that have had you concerned the last couple of years!
          That's what I'm worried about!

Comment

Check it out:

Bubble babble

http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2011/04/...e-tech-bubble/

Good article with cool chart

another good read

http://articles.latimes.com/print/20.../fi-overheat16

POP GOES THE BUBBLE
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV

Comment

Originally posted by PlumbingSkool View Post
              Just to make a record of it.

I personally think that we are going to have a DOT COM crash in 2012. In fact it will be larger then the last one.

I mean look at the value of Facebook for example.....150 billion ......ya.........pictures of sex, drugs and other random crap is not worth 150 billion sorry folks......

Ehow now has an IPO and there revenue is all based on Googles traffic which is another IPo.......

Goldman sacks owns most of facebook.......LOL

Get your boots......2012 will be the year of the dot com bubble V 2

Anyone agree?
              I don't agree.

More likely we see the market drop as a result of an economic decline. Market is richly priced, but it's not going to be dot.com specific. No crash the NASDAQ is nowhere near where it was in 2000.
              Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                Makes sense that it could happen, but I'm more concerned with other predictions for 2012!
                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVi_2lHBVhQ
                Now come on Frank why do the Americian capital cities get distroyed in all these movies I would like to see my home city of Melbourne wipted out on th 31/12/2012 just once.

Tony

Comment

If you think there is a bubble building in a market area,

DO NOT INVEST IN IT.

At least do not invest with all your eggs in one basket, keep diversity in your portfolio.
                  Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  attributed to Samuel Johnson
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

The stock market is way up, but so are commodities: gold, silver, oil, food, base metals, etc.

The money supply has increased hugely as a result of federal stimulus, QE and QE2, and the very long period of artificially low federal funds interest rates.

So, I see stock market increases as inflation - a reflection of the loss of value of the dollar. Stock prices can inflate just like food or energy or anything else. I don't think that the market increases are because companies are doing strong business in this depressed economy. Many are reporting good numbers because they aren't spending.

Will there be a bubble pop? I agree with Geno, I think it' more likely that if there's a decline it will be a broad-based. Of course if we have increasing inflation (and don't be fooled by the Government CPI figures,which understate real price inflation) that would tend to hold stock prices higher.

I'm more concerned with the housing market and the ripple effect that will have on stocks. The gov't has been very concerned with further collapse in housing prices, and the bank failures this will cause. That's why they're pumping money to the banks and keeping interest rates low - it's all to keep housing from collapsing. This is the "deflation" that Bernanke keeps referring to as his biggest fear. They haven't really cared much if the value of your savings is decreased or your cost of living increases. However, the Fed is now feeling inflationary pressure and is making noise about stopping or slowing the printing presses this summer, and also increasing interest rates. It this happens (and it needs to for the long term health of the dollar) we may well see another housing drop, and that will precipitate a large, broad stock market drop irrespective of the money supply.

On the other hand, it's an election year so you can be sure that all the stops will be pulled out to avoid an economic meltdown. That would be disaster for Obama, so he isn't likely to tighten up monetary policy significantly.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post

Will there be a bubble pop? I agree with Geno, I think it' more likely that if there's a decline it will be a broad-based. Of course if we have increasing inflation (and don't be fooled by the Government CPI figures,which understate real price inflation) that would tend to hold stock prices higher.

HMMMMM.....FACEBOOK?

Tell me,......how will Mr Zuckerburg keep profits up for the $150 billion invested into ....."face book - LOL )..oh ya .....what is the purpose of facebook besides one big coffee cloche that marketers keeping trying to get into....

Anyone remember when good old "Rupert" bought myspace......

Oh ya, look at the good deal he has now......

Facebook is just ONE example of where the bubble will pop....

Just remember I said it here first

PS: MR Zuckerburg and his 150 billion may be the money you had in your mutual fund,.......don't worry, he will let you play farm-ville for free when your supposed to be working LOL

Comment

Why are you talking facebook? They're still privately held.

I don't know anything about the $150B you've cited.... the highest valuation I've heard for them is $50B, with some estimates being much less. With revenue of maybe $2B, $50B seems way too high but then again look at Google.

I don't see a lot of value in facebook myself, either... maybe the novelty will fade. But in any case, they can't be part of stock bubble... they're not traded publically yet.
                        Last edited by Andy_M; 04-06-2011, 04:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X