Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: I'm A Mean Dad!

Originally posted by tailgunner View Post
    Keep in mind, not everyone here is blessed with the opportunities to have such problems to deal with in the first place.
    You are right, but remember to make your own opportunites when possible. Years ago before I met my wife, I didn't think I would ever be married. I didn't think I had all the qualities that made for a good husband and father. Then one day it hit me that all I needed was the desire, I didn't have to be perfect, didn't have to be the toughtest, smartest or most handsome guy. My wife is the second woman I ever really dated and loved. I was lucky to meet a sincere, caring and kind woman.

I may have already posted this so excuse me for repeating. When my wife and I talked about having children my father passed a comment about how could you bring kids into this world. He was sort of depressed with all the bad stuff in the news and at a point in his life where he wasn't having much fun. I respectfully but strongly told him "Dad, you had your shot at life and love, marriage and children. I am going to have a full life and do my best to raise good children regardless of what's going on in the world".

Tailgunner, I know you've had some tough times and you are going to be deployed soon. Take care of yourself and when you get back, if you really want to be a husband and father, make it happen. You are young, strong, smart and talented. You are better husband and father material than most out there, make your own destiny. Frank

Comment

You can always buy kids off Ebay, and when they start to get uncontrollable, one can always sell the parts!

Bad form.
      Time flies like an arrow.

Fruit flies like a banana.

Comment

you can always buy kids off ebay, and when they start to get uncontrollable, one can always sell the parts!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post

He was sort of depressed with all the bad stuff in the news (snipped)
          What a surprise eh..

Comment

Working...
          X