let's not forget how proud you are of phoebe too

remember she's the first to ever ride in the canoe table

rick.

phoebe riding the canoe, look no hands.

don't worry, she's safe.
    Attached Files
    phoebe it is

Re: More Proud Dad Stuff

For those who don't know, I have a canoe coffee table in my den. It was hand crafted using a bunch of strips of wood. I purchased it off of eBay many many years ago.

The grand kids were always told to be careful around it because it was top heavy and I was worried it would get knocked over and the glass top would break.

A couple of months back Roise (not to be confused with Joey) and Brenda were rough-housing in the den and my glass top was broken. Joey asked if she could take Phoebe's picture in the canoe and I let her do it. Now all of the other kids want to know why Phoebe got special treatment.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      Now all of the other kids want to know why Phoebe got special treatment.

Mark
      that's because phoebe/ piper is my daughter

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        that's because phoebe/ piper is my daughter

rick.
        Excuse me but those tests are not back yet.

Mark

Comment

For those who don't know, I have a canoe coffee table in my den. It was hand crafted using a bunch of strips of wood. I purchased it off of eBay many many years ago.

The grand kids were always told to be careful around it because it was top heavy and I was worried it would get knocked over and the glass top would break.

A couple of months back Roise (not to be confused with Joey) and Brenda were rough-housing in the den and my glass top was broken. Joey asked if she could take Phoebe's picture in the canoe and I let her do it. Now all of the other kids want to know why Phoebe got special treatment.

Mark
          Mark, there's no easy answer so just tell the kids it's because she's so cute! Now, I hope that big gun safe is anchored to the wall? How about a picture of the bow of the boat, it looks nice. Will you replace the glass?

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            Mark, there's no easy answer so just tell the kids it's because she's so cute! Now, I hope that big gun safe is anchored to the wall? How about a picture of the bow of the boat, it looks nice. Will you replace the glass?
            Boy that would imply their kids were not cute enough.

I don't remember if it's bolted down or not. Empty the safe is just under 1200 pounds. My son-in-law Matt built this safe (portions) and my son Jon built my other Browning safe (portions).

I will try to take some pictures of the table in the next few days. I have the old glass for a template but I want to redesign the feet first.

Mark

Comment

Boy that would imply their kids were not cute enough.

I don't remember if it's bolted down or not. Empty the safe is just under 1200 pounds. My son-in-law Matt built this safe (portions) and my son Jon built my other Browning safe (portions).

I will try to take some pictures of the table in the next few days. I have the old glass for a template but I want to redesign the feet first.

Mark
              I like to joke around and use a little sarcasm especially with my loved ones. Of course the other children are cute, I meant it to be a silly response.
              I asked if the safe was bolted to the wall because of the tipping hazard. I'd like to see more of the canoe table since it looks so nice. I'm curious how the bow was joined. Base looks sturdy, but I guess with the weight of the glass it is top heavy. I know plexiglass scratches and is difficult to work with, but it would add a safety factor to the table.

Comment

Working...
              X