P.G.$ E Boss retires with 34 Mill.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P.G.$ E Boss retires with 34 Mill.

Yea this is the C.E.O. at the Helm when the pipe line blew up.
    What a great country. Maybe He'll join B.P.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: P.G.$ E Boss retires with 34 Mill.

Good for him but then I've never suffered from money envy.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Just think of all the jobs he will create with the tax break on that income.

I respect folks who "earn" such wealth as a result of hard work, but many of these ceo's have done nothing of the sort. I can think of several who have either contributed or stood by and done nothing to prevent the loss of jobs and stock value. If we are going to reward hard work, I suggest we look to some of the folks who did just that but lost their jobs, and homes through no fault of their own!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Just think of all the jobs he will create with the tax break on that income.

I respect folks who "earn" such wealth as a result of hard work, but many of these ceo's have done nothing of the sort. I can think of several who have either contributed or stood by and done nothing to prevent the loss of jobs and stock value. If we are going to reward hard work, I suggest we look to some of the folks who did just that but lost their jobs, and homes through no fault of their own!
        He's responsible for the make believe pipe inspections !
        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Seems a bit unfair, doesn't it?

Years ago I learned a valued lesson. Take a typical company, and look to see who has the most impact on their absense. Generally the higher you are, the less you will be missed on day to day issues.

When I worked for a small company (about 100 of us), the President could be gone for several weeks, and life went on, day to day operations continued nicely, and pretty much he wasn't missed. He had to be back though by the end of the month, so as to take care of the finances with the bank, which of course was most important!

When I worked for the big corporation, the CEO could be gone for a considerably long time. Frankly, about the only time you ever heard from him was when he was presenting some major problem and was about to effect processes that usually caused most of us headaches. Moreover, his presense, or lack there of, rarely had any impact on our business or our day to day operations. Basically, his "command" took us in some direction which was rarely good!

However, whether big or small, it was the lowly "Janitor" who had the most impact... if he wasn't there every night the results were immediate and most unpleasant.

Business is a lot like a bottle of beer... the "bottle necks" are mostly at the top, and the substance is mostly at the bottom.

Happy Easter everyone!

CWS

Comment

Working...
          X