Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum Changes....Thank-You Ridgid

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
    Thanks for changing the font color back to black... much easier to read, at least for me. Greatly appreciated!

Also, looking forward to the "smilie" change-back, if that's possible; and, I'm glad to read that you're looking to implement the "Thankyou" button again.

Otherwise, the free-space looks well IMO, and I'll get adjusted to everything else.

Most important I think , is that you guys know how much we appreciate this forum and your terrific support and patience,

CWS
    What change back are you talking about for the smilies? All of the old smilies should be in the advanced mode if you click "more" on the right side.

Comment

I am going to guess the upgrade has a lot to do with admin function and tools than just an upgraded look. we went through this on a off-road site I help moderate. People hated it at first, but it grew on them. for us, the admin staff, it made managing of the forum a hundred times easier and gave us many options and tools that we were lacking.

Comment

the other forum im on has a thanks button and we like it over there
        Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
        http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
        http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          And put my Ridgid button back up top that leads to the main Ridgid page/product site. I click it all the time.

Thanks.

J.C.
          + 1 I clicked on it all the time as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RIDGIDadmin View Post
            What change back are you talking about for the smilies? All of the old smilies should be in the advanced mode if you click "more" on the right side.
            Admin,

Sorry, perhaps I misinterpreted an earlier reply to a post similar my original in this thread... the "smilies" (or at least those labeled "Generic Smilies") are now smaller, and "toned" unstead of the solid, high-contrast colors. As such, it is very hard to distinguish what they are. For example the "wink" looks just like the "talking" one, and the "eek" is only barely noticeable as being different. (See the examples below.) Likewise, "unhappy" "smile" and "red face" though more distinquishable, are still so similar as to need a hoover by the mouse and the "title" just to make sure what they are. These same "smilies" in the old format were very distinctive by comparison.

I realize that my "eyes" are a bit older, but hey, I do have new glasses and they are fitted exspecially for viewing my computer! I doubt that I'm the only one who has the same perception. (That's a "smile".... not an "eek" or a "frown" [wink]

Examples:

Thanks,

CWS

Comment

I'm loving the way the new layout works on my phone. Fantastic!
              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

i too always linked to the ridgid home page to allow for product links. so a direct link to the home ridgid page would be great. there's only so much my ridgid bible can help me with. then i need the links.

smileys are 1/2 the fun and so far the new smileys are hurting.

a thanks and an agree button will allow other to know we appreciate their efforts and agree with the post.

i guess we just were spoiled with the old format and time will tell what we do with this one.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Another suggestion would be to decrease the size of avatars & limit signatures. Some of these are getting way out of hand, and do nothing to add to the forum; in fact they're quite detracting.

Comment

I keep the What's New open more than the Forum at the top left. However, the links below the word Forum (top left) are more useful. At least to me. So there's more toggling back and forth.

Seems it would be an improvement to have those links under the What's New words when in that screen. Others chime in. Majority rule.

J.C.

Comment

Theres no "Todays Posts" option. I hate that.

Comment

I tried to reply to a post from my iPhone last night and it wouldn't reckonise that I had trped and text. It said something like, "Please type one more letter before sending." I am limited with time and normally I cruise the forum in bed.

I do like the changes and I'm sure any bugs will be ironed out soon!

Pictures are easier to upload too!

Name:  3415a6a8dbef3331253815e652067c3e.jpg
Views: 1
Size:  62.4 KB
                        (Random Picture) John using the Safety Plate
                        Last edited by bill2601; 05-04-2011, 08:16 PM.
                        Regards, Bill

The definition of Insanity: "Doing the same thing over and over expecting a different result."
                        Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster View Post
                          Theres no "Todays Posts" option. I hate that.
                          me too. if i accidently open the forum and do'nt finish the new threads, them i'm lost to see what i missed when i check in at the end of the day.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                            me too. if i accidently open the forum and do'nt finish the new threads, them i'm lost to see what i missed when i check in at the end of the day.

rick.
                            Mark the posts read then hit new posts it will direct you to click on the link for the past twenty four hour.
                            Some extra steps with this as well.

Alpha Cowboy,
                            What has the administration benefitted from this change?If you were to guess.

Comment

Okay, I've been looking at the new changes for a few days now and at least a couple of times a day. I really don't like this "baby blue, bably pink" color scheme that you are using on the topics. They are just to pale/faded and though not really impossible, I find that I have to really look hard to see what the difference is between old and new topics. The color change is just too subtle and on "unread" topics the light colors just don't show the logo diffences with much distinction.

AND, what makes a subject "Hot" as opposed to those that are not? I guess I don't get that.

Bottom line here is that these graphic changes that have been made do NOT show me much in the way of improvement and IMHO are a step back. Like other forum members, I too miss the "Thanks" button.

Your attention is greatly appreciated,

CWS

Comment

Working...
                              X