X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Forum improvements

Ridgidadmin, thank you for taking the time to review this thread and keep us up to date with what's going on.

I think one of the biggest things I miss is the "thanks" button - I don't see a point in adding another post just to agree with someone or say thank you (not to mention the unnecessary size increase in the forum database).

Another thing that people seem to REALLY want are access to smileys in the quick reply mode. That one should be VERY simple. Settings>Options>Message Posting Interface Options....check "enable clickable message formatting controls" and set the "smilebox total smilies" in the "quick reply" section to 12/16/20, or whatever you see fit.

Another thing that I think MAY help everyone like the new forum software a bit more is to add a bit more contrast. If post backgrounds were a a light gray instead of white, it may help to differentiate one post from another.

Also, like I said in my original post, upsize the font of the poster's name.
    Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
      Admin, don't get me wrong, if you bring back thanks and a few things like that and once we all learn how to use it I think we'll like it. I actually think the overall layout of the forums/threads is simpler to view. The reason I keep bringing up the septic discussion is because this was the ONLY FORUM I KNOW OF that had such a thing that was used by the general populace to ask questions about septics. Since Dane and Trent and I and a few other of the regulars here are in the septic service trade as well as sewer and drain cleaning, we lost the spot where we could discuss topics and equipment specific to our trade, and the Septic forum had been seeing quite a bit of activity in the last few months, more than some of the tool-specific forums, such as the Ridgid monitors forums and so forth. For instance, Trent posted a thread a while back in the septic forum asking if anyone used "CrustBusters." Good question, but if he had asked it in the Drain Cleaning Forum most of the guys there wouldn't have had a clue what he was talking about since it doesn't really deal with drain cleaning.

There is one other forum online that deals with septics, the Cole Publishing forums, but they are so totally unused that the public never finds them and they can go weeks without a single post. That's why I wish you would reinstate the septic discussion.

Anyway, if you decide that Ridgid doesn't need to be hosting septic discussions, I'll get over it, but some of us will still miss it.
      Like button pushed!
      www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

If nothing else, I'm diggin' the 'mobile style'.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Anyone else having a problem with a private message sent not showing up in the Sent folder?

Comment

One more problem noted, and I'm not sure if this is just with the new system or not. But, when I'm reading throught the various posts, and then "reply" to one and return to the top menu to continue my review... all of the threads that I have NOT yet read, have their icons changed to show that I've already looked at them.

In other words, when I stop my review and reply to a subject, all of the icons change from an open evelope to a closed envelope. I then simply have to look at the posts to see if they read "Today"... as the Icon is no longer accurate!

CWS

Comment

Updates:

• Updated Top RIDGID logo to link back to http://www.ridgid.com
              • Added smilies to quick reply.
              • A few more editing tools were added to quick reply, all of the options can be found in advance mode.
              • Facebook integration set up.
                • Now you can like a whole thread, and connect your facebook account to RIDGID Forum.
              More updates will be coming! Thank/Like plugin is the next task. Thank everyone for the feedback!

Comment

thank you

No chance we can go back to the old set of smilies, is there?
                Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                  thank you

+1

rick
                  phoebe it is

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post
                      thank you

The other day I seen the whole old smile set. But now it seems to be condensed. You have to click on advance mode to get the option to click on the smileys. Mow I see the smiley link in the quick reply which is way I think its more condensed.
                      Last edited by SewerRatz; 05-09-2011, 02:27 PM.
                      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Member name font size has been increased, thanks for that it looks much better.
                        ---------------
                        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                        ---------------
                        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                        ---------
                        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                        ---------
                        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

NOW, I'm lov'n it. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Keep up the great work.

CWS

Comment

Rigidadmin.....thank you SO very much for taking the time to read our comments/complaints/suggestions and acting on them so promptly. I don't know what I'd do without this forum!
                            Ideal Plumbing

Comment

Thanks for fixing the button. Can you have a the "Quicklinks" under "What's New" as well?

J.C.

Comment

Few more updates:

-Fixed user name hover over language issue. It now shows in english.
                                -Added auto video embedding. Video links will automatically embed from these services:
                                Youtube
                                Vimeo
                                Metacafe
                                Hulu
                                Google
                                Facebook
                                Dailymotion

Comment

Working...
                                X