Fconnect...What the F

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fconnect...What the F

Am I the only one that's sick of these idiots and their site devoted to people that seriously need to get a g.d. life. I see this stupid FConnect on every site I visit lately as well as in the bottom corner of my TV screen. I'm so damn glad that nobody ever has to talk to anyone anymore thanks to the amazing technology that allows us to announce to the world what we had for freekin dinner tonight and what kind of tree we would most like to be. SHOOT ME NOW BILLY, SHOOT ME NOW!
    sigpic

Re: Fconnect...What the F

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
    Am I the only one that's sick of these idiots and their site devoted to people that seriously need to get a g.d. life. I see this stupid FConnect on every site I visit lately as well as in the bottom corner of my TV screen. I'm so damn glad that nobody ever has to talk to anyone anymore thanks to the amazing technology that allows us to announce to the world what we had for freekin dinner tonight and what kind of tree we would most like to be. SHOOT ME NOW BILLY, SHOOT ME NOW!
    I've yet to once go on facebook.
    They all want to know when I'm joining.

Comment

I know I have some age on me but I got my first degree in computer technology over 30 years ago. I still consider myself a pretty high tech guy when it comes to that crap but this whole facebook twitter thing has reached the height of bad manners, rudeness and the total lack of social grace. How did so many millions get talked into revealing everything about themselves to the world. Why would anyone want to open their lives up. We used to be people that valued privacy, now we need to tell everyone every intimate secret about ourselves. The guys that put that site together are billionairs while using entire populations as their pawns. People are sheep. Baaaaaaaah
      sigpic

Comment

I got on facebook to keep track of my daughters a few years back, but they blocked me from viewing their stuff. Did get a chance to exchange a few words with a friend I had lost touch with almos thirty years ago. That was nice, but I very rarely go on. I agree that too many people reveal way too personal information. I think there is a big vanity factor to all these sites, people want to be recognized and sort after. Makes me wonder where their real, tangible lives lie? I spend an hour or two throughout the day on the Internet, posting here, and visiting other sites including Youtube. I would much prefer a more active social life with real people as when I was young.

Comment

the social sites are not for me unless you consider the ridgid site as one

although i just signed up on skype so phoebe can see her uncles that are out of town

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I think skype is a wonderful internet tool. My wife, daughter and myself were able to see and talk to our older daughter while she studied in France last year. I have seen and spoke to cousins I have not seen in person for more than thirty years. I'm sure there is some down side to skype, invasion of privacy and such, but for the most part it's a great thing.

Comment

I use Facebook regularly. I agree that most people post too much crap. I like to keep up with some people there and I use it to promote my business and the businesses of my customers. I hope they appreciate it.
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

I got on to see what all the fuss was about some time back. Saw what was going on, couldn't figure out what the hell a wall was and got out. Never to return. My wife and practically everyone else I know are on there. Good for them. It ain't for me. Hell; I was getting friend requests from hookers. The wife would love that. By the way, she's been hacked once, lost her account twice for no good reason and still goes back. Geeeesssshhhhhh....
                Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

You could say the same thing about cell phones, they foster rudeness and bad manners.

They are a great tool for businesses but, who wants to listen to people chatting about personal issues in the grocery store, airports, doctors offices etc.

For most people, cell phones are a vanity item, "Hey look at me, I'm important".

Comment

I have never been to the Facebook website and I never will. Not interested.

Comment

10-15 years ago people were saying that they don't need to carry a phone on them either....

Comment

Originally posted by speedbump View Post
                        I got on to see what all the fuss was about some time back. Saw what was going on, couldn't figure out what the hell a wall was and got out. Never to return. My wife and practically everyone else I know are on there. Good for them. It ain't for me. Hell; I was getting friend requests from hookers. The wife would love that. By the way, she's been hacked once, lost her account twice for no good reason and still goes back. Geeeesssshhhhhh....
                        HOOKERS, you say there's hookers? You are telling me that there is sex on the internet? Why I never. In that case I take it all back.
                        sigpic

Comment

HOOKERS, you say there's hookers? You are telling me that there is sex on the internet? Why I never. In that case I take it all back.
                          I had several hooker friends. I figured what the heck, those friends were better than no friends.

But no there is no sex on the Internet. Only the illusion of sex.
                          Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

Scuse me whilst I bask in another hallucination
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X