X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Came home to a thanks button,THANKS RIDGID

Kinda like My lost Lab. , Running up out of the meadow !" Pals come home Kids "
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Came home to a thanks button,THANKS RIDGID

Yes, the "Thanks" button is a welcome sight. We all give thanks for this, now how about making the text black again so we can read the thanks without straining our eyes? I will give thanks for this, these gifts in advance. Sounds like I'm getting ready to eat, thank you Lord!

Comment

Just one question how the hell do you use the thanks button to include your forum name for when I press the red thanks button on the lower right hand corner of a thread all that appears is "gave thanks" but not my forum name AFM

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        Sounds like I'm getting ready to eat, thank you Lord!
        My thought also. And what's with the little sissified heart icon?
        Even when admin tries to fix something, they mess it up.
        This new format is hopelessly fubar.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
          My thought also. And what's with the little sissified heart icon?
          Even when admin tries to fix something, they mess it up.
          This new format is hopelessly fubar.
          I left My heart in San Francisco, Don't need another !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I want to say thanks to ail who keep this forum up and going, they do it as a service to US, the public and there customers,
            they do not have to provide this to us.

I am glad I am not the one trying to keep ever one happy on this forum,
            I was happy with the old format, on the new format besides it is different look and I am getting use to it,

I am sure you have traded cars or trucks and there are things you like about the new and things you wonder why they did not include in the new, and the entire choice to change was yours,

I again want to say Thanks to Ridgid and there staff for providing this forum, there trying to satisfy a hundred+ different people, they will not please ever one,

and for being Fubar, the old posts transfered, the ability to post is there, and were still able to cuss and discuss the situation of the day,
            I do not see it as Fubar, only some small items that may be desired to be worked out, and as far as the forum goes it works good for me,

THANK YOU RIDGID, Thank you for give us a good place to talk and discuss life and work, (even if the thanks message has a "heart" icon in it, that looks a little odd for a plumbing board),

Click image for larger version

Name:	c7fa16ea24bc262208e085ad9edcaa1b.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	30.6 KB
ID:	14686
            Last edited by BHD; 05-17-2011, 10:46 AM.
            Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
            attributed to Samuel Johnson
            ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
            PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Sorry it took so long. Looks like we got rid of the heart as well. I appreciate all the feedback. Frankie, are you talking about the red text for names and headlines?

Comment

NO, I'm talking referring to the body of text we read and write as I'm doing here. The gray looks washed out and is difficult on my aging eyes. Is there a specific reason it cannot be made black so that the contrast is greater? I think many of the Forum members would appreciate a return to black over gray, thank you. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  NO, I'm talking referring to the body of text we read and write as I'm doing here. The gray looks washed out and is difficult on my aging eyes. Is there a specific reason it cannot be made black so that the contrast is greater? I think many of the Forum members would appreciate a return to black over gray, thank you. Frank

Wasn't this something that the individual user could set in their profile settings? Or am I thinking of their default font when posting.

I have a Q that I wonder if anyone else has noticed. I use ieSpell, and when using the spell check it would highlight any suspect words. Now, sine the change to the new forum layout, the spell check function still works but the word in question is no longer highlighted. Does this happen to anyone else or is it just me?
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
                    I want to say thanks to ail who keep this forum up and going, they do it as a service to US, the public and there customers,
                    they do not have to provide this to us.
                    Quite right. Don't think I'm unappreciative. My opinions are just that...opinions.
                    But, don't think for a minute that Ridgid is providing this service strictly out of
                    benevolence. If this forum didn't profit their bottom line, It would be gone in a
                    second. And there's nothing wrong with that...free enterprise and all. Our
                    participation is voluntary regardless of out motivations. I'm sure most of us
                    are here to learn, contribute, and in some cases, feed our massive egos. All
                    well and good. At least we have the freedom to do so.

Comment

the forum is a win, win for us and ridgid. we get things done to better our trade and our needs. they get us to feed them our needs and our reviews. the general public that's reading the forum is getting real reviews from real tradesmen and end users.

for those who have gone to the 2 ridgid roundups, we get even a better understanding of the day to day operations of ridgid.

i'm 100% sure that if it was not for this forum, there would not be some of the refined products we have available to us now.

it's a win win deal.

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by ProBrand View Post
                        Sorry it took so long. Looks like we got rid of the heart as well. I appreciate all the feedback. Frankie, are you talking about the red text for names and headlines?

I have not read a response so I'm wondering if there is a way for me to change the text I'm reading so it is black and not the washed out gray? Thanks.

Comment

this one does not bother me, but on some boards it does, or is hard to focus on.
                          so I will high lite it with the curser and it will usually change the look for me to help me read it,
                          I know that is a pain to do but it can help in some situations, and it is easy to do.
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                          X