X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If the thank and nomination buttons still existed

This would probably rank pretty high for the rankings.

I absolutely loved this, couldn't of happened to a better guy. (cynical statement of course)
    Attached Files
    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Re: If the thank and nomination buttons still existed

Whoops! I didn't realize we had a thanks button back. Cool!

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

I absolutely loved this, couldn't of happened to a better guy. (cynical statement of course)
      This thread has been nominated as thread of the week! Why was it dropped???, Why is this text in a washed out gray instead of black???

Comment

I cannot see the print you just stated at all. It's going to take a while to get used to this format. Terry Love's site is the same Vbulletin format but doesn't utilize as many functions as this one does.

Comment

I'd like to believe I got it back! The Ridge "guys" wanted to make up for not pink powder coating a wrench or having a "whatever" button!
          I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I really liked the story. That's one bad-*** curb.

Comment

I love this story, but it looks like all of it is true except for the knock down from the "curb". In a perfect world he would get 20-life.

snopes.com: Stabbed Marine

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                I'd like to believe I got it back! The Ridge "guys" wanted to make up for not pink powder coating a wrench or having a "whatever" button!
                I don't believe so. Why does it have to be about you? Let's just be happy we got the thanks button back.

Thanks Mark.
                Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post

Proud to have served in the Marines SEMPER FI DUNBAR
                  I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                    I don't believe so. Why does it have to be about you?

Thanks Mark.
                    Something has to be about me! It can't all be about Rick!
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

I love that story.

On a little more reflection though, what is happening now?

The deadbeat is probably lying in a hospital bed, taking space, time and resources from an institution that could be using them to help decent people, at taxpayer expense.

Should have just thrown him around a corner and failed to find the perp and let him die in a ditch. But can't do that because then they, or the cops for overlooking him, get charged with manslaughter when his body is eventually found. I guess we're still rid of him; he's got armed robbery and assault w/weapon at least, possibly attempted murder, and surely got priors to go with them. Probably get off on the assault; self defense. And the marines are out their injuries and some red tape and time spent making statements and possibly testifying and possibly more if they are dumb enough to mess up the statements or testimony. He'll be gone for a few years at least. And he got a well deserved beating, but at what cost?

As a resident bleeding heart, I think our criminal justice system, though deeply flawed, is better than many. If you take out the systems of rights and representation that make good people walk a tightrope to give this guy what he deserves and cost us all so much in tax dollars and let so many baddies walk to do more harm, you open the door to letting institutions have so much power that good people can get screwed over.

I don't know, from a policy/institutional standpoint, what the right way to deal with these kind of people is. When society breaks down enough that there is a significant segment of the population that sees (rightly or wrongly) no other path to 'success' in life than crime... when 'getting over' on others becomes perceived by many as laudable in and of itself, and something more worth having pride in than earning your way... how can you combat that?

I think whole chunks of our population are lost to ethical participation in society, and that the children growing up around them are at severe risk of being lost in that way as well, and that if we can't find a way to turn that around it'll keep getting worse.

That is part of why I don't feel they same anger about illegal immigration that many here do. The illegals I encounter are, for the most part, busting their butts to earn their pay to provide for their families. They are people who, as people, I'm happy to have for neighbors. Much more happy to have them around than deadbeat thieves and predators. I just don't like that the fact that they are here illegally creates an environment where they get exploited and others get underpaid and where crime, bad anti-social crime, springs up around them. If you can smuggle people you can smuggle drugs, and if you are around smuggled people you will be around smuggled drugs, and if you are around drugs you will be around other crime.
                      Last edited by Ace Sewer; 05-20-2011, 01:05 PM.
                      This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Well said Ace. The court system is a joke. Someone wrongs Me, I deal with it Myself.
                        I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Well, it felt good while it lasted!

Comment

Ace, that was a great post well thought out and written. Options may be few for some, but as things get worse the only crime I would condone would be stealing food so you or your family don't starve. I would not argue that most of the illegals are hard working decent folks, but the fact that they break our laws to get here disturbs me. We must know who is in our country and they must share in supporting the different levels of government through taxes as the rest of us do. The drugs and violence must stop, but it seems that there is so much profit to be made that it continues. The USA needs to bring back the businesses that profit from our consumer needs, along with the tax revenue and jobs they provide. Killing criminals, breaking unions and giving away our tax dollars won't resolve what got us to this point. Sorry to rant.

Comment

That's not a rant franki; that's more dicussion. I'm torn on unions; I think what went on in Wisconsin was terrible. I've been redoing my bathroom with help from my awesome tile guy buddy, and he was lining me out about sealing the stone and respirators, and telling me about how big box stores started selling the sealer and guys died because they were using it w/o repirators and sealed their lungs. That would never happen with a good union or without illegals on the job. But I've also worked in a UAW plant and I think detroit's demise can be laid squarely at the UAW's doorstep.

Dunbar, I truly love that story. I sent my dad a link. I'm sorry if I ruined it for you. Either by being another liberal a$$wipe or, hopefully, by making you look deeper at it. It's a systemic problem. It can only be solved by changing the system and the culture. Manipulating the system is a crutch, and, while satisfying in this instance, just shows that it is broken. Beating the crap out of ole Tyrone costs us all the price of fixing him up so we can pay more to incarcerate him. And the much greater price of convincing anyone around him, his siblings, children, etc, that the cops are enemies. And teaches some cops, sworn public servants, that it is good and right to twist the rules once in a while.

Maybe it is. Maybe I'm still a stupid idealist. I'd hate to be a cop; what a crap job. I'm amazed that anyone can deal with scum, day in and day out, in a professional manner, and not get dragged down by it. And I admire anyone who can. He'd have fell off the curb if I was there writing a report, and I don't know if that is good or bad.

I don't have time to waste on Tyrone. Jail him for his crimes. Make a path available to him to change if he's so inclined. Just execute him and get on down the road if he's irredeemable. But I think what happened illustrates how broken things are, the frustration with that, and also helps break things down more.
                              This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X