X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smile Buttons & Thanks ???

Why didn`t the designers of this forum put the access to the old smiling faces first and the new ones last as they are hard to see being all in that light yellow colour and it is a pain have to scoll down the list to find the original old ones.
    And while I am on a roll how do you thank a thread with your avator name included with the thanks an explanation in the most basin form would be appreciated.

Tony

Re: Smile Buttons & Thanks ???

tony, you bring up a good point on the smileys. but it took a while to get them back. i hate to start complaing to have them fix it again. but you're right the new smileys at the top of the list are pretty much useless.

i think it only shows the first few thanks and ther rest are just a number.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Yep go over to the other website.Drain cleaning forum.Same format. sucks..Also to download pictures looks like you have to creat folders etc. Pain in the as*..Still not comfortable
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

I totally agree on the "smilie" issue. PIA for sure!

I'm generally not against "CHANGE" if it's and improvement... But what was the objective of this whole "new" look? Was it just to reach the objective of being able to add access from you phone? Or was there something else in mind?

Personally speaking, I don't see any "improvement" at all. Copy is more difficult to read, "smilies" suck, and the new light blue and light gray icons are so vaguely different that I can't tell half the time what is or isn't new.
        The new topic heads may well give far more choices for all the tools in the plumbing line, they do absolutely nothing for us who are users of the power tools and the carpentry. Just two headings and obvious one's that don't separate anything as there's more tool discussions under the "woodworking" heading that anything else. And what does all the pressure washer stuff have to do with the power tool discussion... I thnk this was a complaint under the old system. I do suppose it is a power tool of sorts, but not exactly in the traditional since.

So, it appears that we've added far more subject headings, but we've lumped way too much under the "power tool" and "woodworking". Maybe that personal perception is just because my presence here in primarily in those two subject areas. In any case, IMHO we've taken a step backward and about the ONLY IMPROVEMENT I've seen here is "spell checker". The color scheme is quite terrible and that opinion has been well voiced by many of the long-time members.

While the Ridgid forum used to be the first place I'd check on my daily web visit, it is now more of a ho-hum visit, as it is no-longer a pleasant visual experience, being a bit challenging as to what's read and what isn't, what's important and what isn't, and where in the he!! is that topic that I used to enjoy. There's so many "lackings" that it's hard to list them all. SO WHERE IS THE IMPROVEMENT AND WHAT WAS THE OBJECTIVE OF THIS CHANGE??? (AND AS JUST DISCOVERED... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE "POINT SIZE" CAPABILITY.... I guess we've been IMPROVED by sticking to only a single font size!

Not a happy forum member,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
          I totally agree on the "smilie" issue. PIA for sure!

I'm generally not against "CHANGE" if it's and improvement... But what was the objective of this whole "new" look? Was it just to reach the objective of being able to add access from you phone? Or was there something else in mind?

Personally speaking, I don't see any "improvement" at all. Copy is more difficult to read, "smilies" suck, and the new light blue and light gray icons are so vaguely different that I can't tell half the time what is or isn't new.
          The new topic heads may well give far more choices for all the tools in the plumbing line, they do absolutely nothing for us who are users of the power tools and the carpentry. Just two headings and obvious one's that don't separate anything as there's more tool discussions under the "woodworking" heading that anything else. And what does all the pressure washer stuff have to do with the power tool discussion... I thnk this was a complaint under the old system. I do suppose it is a power tool of sorts, but not exactly in the traditional since.

So, it appears that we've added far more subject headings, but we've lumped way too much under the "power tool" and "woodworking". Maybe that personal perception is just because my presence here in primarily in those two subject areas. In any case, IMHO we've taken a step backward and about the ONLY IMPROVEMENT I've seen here is "spell checker". The color scheme is quite terrible and that opinion has been well voiced by many of the long-time members.

While the Ridgid forum used to be the first place I'd check on my daily web visit, it is now more of a ho-hum visit, as it is no-longer a pleasant visual experience, being a bit challenging as to what's read and what isn't, what's important and what isn't, and where in the he!! is that topic that I used to enjoy. There's so many "lackings" that it's hard to list them all. SO WHERE IS THE IMPROVEMENT AND WHAT WAS THE OBJECTIVE OF THIS CHANGE??? (AND AS JUST DISCOVERED... WHAT HAPPENED TO THE "POINT SIZE" CAPABILITY.... I guess we've been IMPROVED by sticking to only a single font size!

Not a happy forum member,

CWS
          Sorry, but the text is too washed out to read. Can you make it black the way it used to be so I can see it? Thanks.
          P.S., if it wasn't broken, why was it changed???

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            tony, you bring up a good point on the smileys. but it took a while to get them back. i hate to start complaing to have them fix it again. but you're right the new smileys at the top of the list are pretty much useless.

i think it only shows the first few thanks and ther rest are just a number.

rick.
            Well if you are right about the thanks Rick then that`s just lovely isn`t it CW and Frank couldn`t have summed it up better as I will have to go back to my optometrist.

Tony

Comment

Working...
            X