X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Way OT But, I Need Chip And Dale Dead

I have a sweet(look it up ) of chipmunks that are destroying my yard and garden. I need these little rascals gone forever! I'm not interested in trying to drive them away with so called herbal remedies or trap and release nonsense, I want their little feet pointing up towards the sun. I've read that rat poison has worked for some, anyone tried that? Any suggestions to make this genocide action a success will be appreciated.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Re: Way OT But, I Need Chip And Dale Dead

A garden hose down one of their holes will do nothing, their network goes to china! I have poured gasoline down the holes and sealed them off with dirt, that seems to help. Rat poison and peanut butter works, and will also reduce squirrel population. They do a lot of damage and undermine the strength of the lawn to the point of it caving in under foot. Take no prisoners.

Comment

i heard driving copper pipe into the ground and electrifying it worked for "plumber" but he got electrified by the electricians out here

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

I had almost forgot about the mole thread . lol

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t7940/

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        i heard driving copper pipe into the ground and electrifying it worked for "plumber" but he got electrified by the electricians out here

rick.

Comment

Pocket Gophers being blown away by the Rodenator Pro

http://www.rodenator.com/pests-contr...eos-rodenators
          Last edited by BHD; 05-27-2011, 09:50 AM.
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

is that propane and when do you know you injected enough?

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Get a couple of cats... they've done a very good job of it in my neighborhood. Problem is, I happen to like chipmonks and squirrels and I'm running out of space to tack up all those cat hides!

BTW, the couple of chipmonks that reside in my yard live in the stone wall at one end of the yard. The chipmonks were living here when I bought the property 30 years ago... and in all that time, I've only found one buro which once plugged never resurfaced. I don't want those either as we have rattlesnakes, which I understand love to use such holes for their own.

Hey, you could get a couple of rattlesnakes... that would also take care of the problem

CWS

Comment

These work Toss one in cover hole, look for smoke to find other exits, toss one in the other exits and cover holes.
                Problem solved

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                  is that propane and when do you know you injected enough?

rick.
                  It is a propane and oxygen mix, and if you do not inject enough you do not get much of a bang, it is basically by experience, I used mine (a custom made unit) on prairie dog "rats", and was not that impressed, (first on prairie rats, the holes are huge and deep and long, and it takes a lot of filling time and takes a lot of oxygen, and since there are other exits it is hard to do a good job, in the end I found on the prairie rats that the use of other chemical means was more effective they had taken over 80 aces of grass and nearly ruined it for any other purpose,

some do gooder dumped the prairie rats on me, as they were spread all about the area at the same time, (I jsut wish I would have taken care of them the first eyar I saw them before they spread all over), it took me about 4 years to get rid of them, and the first year it took about 1/2 a day for about 2 months walking and dropping pellets in holes and covering them up, day after day after day, and when said and done over a few thousand dollars in products to do the job,

the rodnater is fun to use for the first few times then the concussion starts to get to one, it was designed for ground squirrels and pocket gofers, which are smaller holes and tunnels,

some have hooked up a hose to the exhaust of a motor viechel or lawn mower, and some times that is effective for borrowing critters, stick the hose in the hole and let it run for a time,
                  Last edited by BHD; 05-27-2011, 12:26 PM.
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                  ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                  PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

here is a Google earth picture of the Pasture that was over ran by the rats, the mounds you see are about 10 to 15 feet across, (the white dots) and for ever one of those there were about 50 to 100 holes one can not see on Google earth),
                    some of the holes do not even have dirt around them as there dug from below,

the second picture is of a excavation of a prairie dog tunnels just to give one some idea of the vast under ground networks, that had been filled by a mud slurry many many years ago, but still give one a idea of the network of tunnels,

Badger I hope you get your Chip and Dale
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by BHD; 05-27-2011, 12:46 PM.
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Originally posted by wbrooks View Post
                      These work Toss one in cover hole, look for smoke to find other exits, toss one in the other exits and cover holes.
                      Problem solved
                      I bought some of these years ago, they were labeled "Rodent Revenge". I used them to get rid of bats in my attic. I put a couple in a metal bucket and held them up to my house exhaust fan which filled the attic with smoke. The bats disappeared, but during the job smoke billowed out from my roof and eaves. Looked like the house was on fire. They are much less toxic than the gasoline I've been pouring in the ground.

Comment

You could try walleye bait--I'm sure you have plenty extra! Sorry BD, I couldn't resist.

Comment

As I'm reading the Forum here, I'm watching chipmunks runn around my wood pile and yard. They're having a grand old time

Comment

Originally posted by Pipestone Kid View Post
                            You could try walleye bait--I'm sure you have plenty extra! Sorry BD, I couldn't resist.
                            You're a cruel cruel man... But ya know what, if I did that then they'd all get away!
                            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
                            X