• Show
Clear All

Re: How many posts?

It's all about quality, not quantity
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
      Well sure that's easy for you to say with only 52 posts. The posts counts and threads of the week were the only things keeping some of us going. I was proud of my 200 or so threads of the week, and now they are gone. I feel hurt, punished for some unknown reason. No one was close to my 300 posts of the week. I hope they keep the post count and bring back the post of the week as well. I just hope they remember my 400 threads of the week.
      The above was an attempt at humor and sarcasm, not meant to be taken seriously or as an insult. Sorry if I failed. Frank

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
        I was suggesting the opposite to be funny. Now that I've cleared that up maybe they can restore my 25,000 posts and 500 threads of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
          My God surfing the web 6 to 8 hours a day I`d go crazy 1 or 2 hours is enough for me.

Tony
          What can I say, I had no life.

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
          I believe in (and use) the search button.

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
          The above was an attempt at humor and sarcasm, not meant to be taken seriously or as an insult. Sorry if I failed. Frank
          I am not worried or upset in any way, no offense taken.

A post count to many people is very important to them, almost like seniority in the office, or rank in the military. Folks with less than 2-300 posts or so are considered newbies, I fit that criteria here. What irritates me sometimes is just because somebody might have a low post count, they sometimes get tread on by the almighty sexual intellectuals with 10K+ post counts (the friggen know it alls). I have to remind myself of this daily, "Its the internet, grow thick skin, or go home." I am not saying this goes on here, but I have seen it more than once.
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Quite a few communities I belong to for many years, and I find that post counts and join dates some get a big head over, and it forms cliques.

For instance when I first joined here, I got slammed for using the search function and responding to a thread years old, but if I started a new thread I would of been told to use the search function as it's already been discussed. So either way I was in a lose/lose situation from the start when I came here.

I find that in every community I belong to, newbies are not always welcomed by some...and that's just not right.

Comment

Working...
            X