X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More than a day to BBQ

Let's try to remember to honor those who have made the ultimate sacrifice for our Country.

Mark
    Attached Files
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: More than a day to BBQ

Thanks for the post, it's a great reminder to us all of us on the significance of the holiday.

(on a side note... I loved the illustration, but isn't that a "left-handed" salute? My first thought was that the art had been flipped, but not so as the epitaph reads correctly. Guess the illustrator didn't think that through entirely. (Been there. )

Thanks again and best wishes to all for a memorable holiday,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by CWSmith View Post
      Thanks for the post, it's a great reminder to us all of us on the significance of the holiday.

(on a side note... I loved the illustration, but isn't that a "left-handed" salute? My first thought was that the art had been flipped, but not so as the epitaph reads correctly. Guess the illustrator didn't think that through entirely. (Been there. )

Thanks again and best wishes to all for a memorable holiday,

CWS
      Good eye I hadn't noticed that.

Mark
      "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Not left handed, just a mirror image.
        Everything is reversed.
        Flag, salad bar, cover emblem, blouse buttons...
        It's the thought that counts. RIP, BIA.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Jim View Post
          Not left handed, just a mirror image.
          Everything is reversed.
          Flag, salad bar, cover emblem, blouse buttons...
          It's the thought that counts. RIP, BIA.
          Your wrong as you can still read the wording on the grave stone the "UNKNOWN SOILDIER" if it was reversed like looking into a mirror it would be back to front and unreadable the photo is a trick on ones eyes

Tony

Comment

Thank-You for putting this up.

As I get older I wish this country could embrace the thoughts of what so many have sacrificed so we could have such a wonderfull life.

Myself...
            I'm going down to the river to help my college spoiled nephew get some "Drunk Girls Gone Topless" video.
            Maybe make somenquick pocket change while this country free falls down the shoot straight to...Well,you know.

Sorry,I'm just sad to see others waste the investment they made in what only a few years ago was such a wonderfull country.

Comment

Here's one in My heart. Col. EDWARD Scarbrough.Got His army air core WINGS Dec. 7 th 1941. 5ft 6". Never had to stay for 60 air missions in Germany. grew up in the woods of Louisiana. taught boxing all through the cc camps . Never knocked off His feet He told Me once.Fed himself with a rifle as a Kid. After 10 years of friendship His wife showed Me his metals and commendations. A giant Little MAN. I spoke to Him about what I saw later that day, and called Him a hero. " Kevin If I ever hear that talk again in this home, I'll knock You on Your *** !" passed at 94. " I love You ED"
              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                Your wrong as you can still read the wording on the grave stone the "UNKNOWN SOILDIER" if it was reversed like looking into a mirror it would be back to front and unreadable the photo is a trick on ones eyes

Tony
                Tony, excuse my vagueness. I was referring to just the faded out part of the image.
                Picture, if you will, the military figure standing in front of the Unknown's grave and
                paying homage to his sacrifice. He and what's in his background, flag, jets, etc.
                are being reflected by the spiritual rendering of those honored dead,
                as if there were a mirror behind the head stone.
                Just my interpretation.
                Last edited by Big Jim; 05-30-2011, 03:41 PM. Reason: enlightenment

Comment

Working...
                X