X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warranty repair parts.

Does anyone here know whether or not an authorized Ridgid repair center is supposed to use the same or similar as original spec'd replacement parts when repairing Ridgid Power Equipment? When I got my 3000 psi Pressure Washer back from Warranty repair I found that they had replaced the pump with a cheap no name pump. (made in the PRC) The main problem I have with it is that it has degraded my Pressure Washer down to 2200 psi - not what I bought and paid for. I thought there were laws about replacement parts while a product was still under the manufactures original warranty?

Re: Warranty repair parts.

If your PW is the RD80746, the original AR pump is no longer used as a replacement. The currently supplied replacement is a Himore, made in PRC, and has no name on it, but it does produce 3000 PSI. How are you measuring your pressure to determine 2200? If you're measuring 2200 PSI while spraying, that's about right. the 3000 PSI is the pressure set for bypass (not spraying).
    "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
      If your PW is the RD80746, the original AR pump is no longer used as a replacement. The currently supplied replacement is a Himore, made in PRC, and has no name on it, but it does produce 3000 PSI. How are you measuring your pressure to determine 2200? If you're measuring 2200 PSI while spraying, that's about right. the 3000 PSI is the pressure set for bypass (not spraying).
      Just wanted to say thankyou for sharing your wealth of knowledge with the Forum . Frank

Comment

Thanks, Frank. I really appreciate that.
        "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

Comment

Originally posted by Doctordeere View Post
          If you're measuring 2200 PSI while spraying, that's about right. the 3000 PSI is the pressure set for bypass (not spraying).
          What a crock! Here I thought 3000 PSI was the pressure it sprays at! Now I find out that its just like buying car audio stuff, they show you how much it could produce for like 1/10th of a second, not the amount of work it will consistently provide
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Working...
          X