Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: That Thanks Button Is Crap

Originally posted by AFM View Post
    So let me get this straight the only way that I can see my name when I press thanks is when I am logged off and does that apply to everyone for when I am logged on I cannot see my name but I can see the names of others who have given thanks and if this is the case then this forum is living in nutsville.

Tony
    I'm not sure that I am the best person to try to explain to you . Basically, when you see you see "You" everyone else sees "AFM". The software has the abillity to regognize you gave thanks for the post so instead it list "You".

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Here is a screen shot of what I see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	93caadbbc31f93fef6e5c92f9e99b13e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	14835
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
        Here is a screen shot of what I see.

Click image for larger version

Name:	93caadbbc31f93fef6e5c92f9e99b13e.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	14835

that's no screen shot

i wake up to them every morning

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

All I have to say is if you do not like the changes vBulletin has made, you should tell vBulletin. Ridgid did not write the program code for this forum layout. All they did was upgrade to a more secure version, with changes that the programmers at vBulletin thought where a good idea. So here is vBulletin's link vBulletin, the most powerful forum software and here is their contact page. Give them feedback of what you like, don't like and would like to see. This way they can use the input and try to make a product that users will like. Contact vBulletin
          Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
          A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
          Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
          Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
            Whats crap is when you type a post and then the system loggs you off and when you try to submit the post it tells you that your not authorized to post and you must sign in but there is no way for you to sign in without clicking off that screen and losing your message you typed. But thats not the end of it. So you can save the post with copy and paste but then after you sign in you must search for the thread because "todays posts" option doesn't show up when your signed in......only "new posts" show up when signed in and its not a new post because you just signed in.

First forum I have been on that you can actually get more info easier being signed out.

This has happened to me and I have worked around it by starting another session of IE (or whatever browser you use) and log in over there. Then go back to your first session and complete your post. You should be recognized as logged in again in that session and be able to post.
            ---------------
            Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
            ---------------
            “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
            ---------
            "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
            ---------
            sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
              Whats crap is when you type a post and then the system loggs you off and when you try to submit the post it tells you that your not authorized to post and you must sign in but there is no way for you to sign in without clicking off that screen and losing your message you typed. But thats not the end of it. So you can save the post with copy and paste but then after you sign in you must search for the thread because "todays posts" option doesn't show up when your signed in......only "new posts" show up when signed in and its not a new post because you just signed in.

First forum I have been on that you can actually get more info easier being signed out.
              When you log in do you press the remember me button for if you don`t you can be logged off when writing a reply and have to strat all over again

Tony

Comment

The "Thanks" button should be where it says "Blog this Post" in my opinion.

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                X