X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That Thanks Button Is Crap

The thanks button is crap as your avator name never appears when you press it indicating who has pressed it and giving thanks its time to revert to the way we did it with the forum we all liked and were used to.

Tony

Re: That Thanks Button Is Crap

I just tested it and it works fine. While logged in all I see is "You gave thanks for this". However when I log out "You" is replaced with "ToUtahNow". When multiple people thank only the first few are shown but when you click on "others" you see them all.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Yep it works fine for me I see all the people that thanked the post.
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Seems good to me.....
        Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
        You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          I just tested it and it works fine. While logged in all I see is "You gave thanks for this". However when I log out "You" is replaced with "ToUtahNow". When multiple people thank only the first few are shown but when you click on "others" you see them all.

Mark
          Mark

Well every time I press the RED thanks button on the lower right of a thread all that comes up is "You gaves thanks for this" and thats it my avator name DOES NOT APPEAR so an explaination would be appreciated

Tony

Comment

If you are logged in as "AFM" all you will see is "You". However, everyone else sees "AFM".

Find a thread where you have thanked someone then log out and look at the same post. You should see "AFM gave thanks.".

Mark

Comment

another thing this one does is marks a notification to you that some one else has said thanks, to your post,
              Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
              attributed to Samuel Johnson
              ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
              PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

all in all I do not like it as much as the old thanks button.

As far as I know it wasn't broke, so they should have left well enough alone.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I'm thinking that many of these changes are caused by the general redo of the...................oh hell who am I trying to kid? I don't have a clue why these changes were made.
                  Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

If you are logged in as "AFM" all you will see is "You". However, everyone else sees "AFM".

Find a thread where you have thanked someone then log out and look at the same post. You should see "AFM gave thanks.".

Mark
                    Mark
                    Yesterday I thanked dcman just above and all that came up was "you gave thanks for this" and AFM was nowhere to be seen?????????????????????????? so you can see AFM gave thanks to BadgerDave which I have given thanks to but I cannot see my Name and if that is the case then it is just spupidity on whoever designed this new site

Tony
                    Last edited by AFM; 05-31-2011, 11:54 PM.

Comment

Try to log out and then look at it. All of us see "You" on the post "We" thank. If you log out your cookies should be cleared so there won't be a "You" only a "AFM" If you see anything else you should send a report to the Administrator.

Mark

Comment

AFM, I bet my "whatever" button seems pretty inviting right about now!
                        I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Try to log out and then look at it. All of us see "You" on the post "We" thank. If you log out your cookies should be cleared so there won't be a "You" only a "AFM" If you see anything else you should send a report to the Administrator.

Mark
                          Mark
                          I just thanked Joey no AFM showing I logged off I logged on I have done everything you suggested but to no avail and Joey a whatever button sound better every time you say it.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                            Mark
                            I just thanked Joey no AFM showing I logged off I logged on I have done everything you suggested but to no avail and Joey a whatever button sound better every time you say it.

Tony
                            Stay logged off and look at the post you gave thanks on, your name will show then. They told us why they updated the forums, the old version had some security issues, and the newer version has a fix. But as with all new upgrades things change. Some like others do not. The key issue is the forum is more secure than it was and hopefully it will not go down like the old one did in the past.
                            Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                            A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                            Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                            Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                              Stay logged off and look at the post you gave thanks on, your name will show then. They told us why they updated the forums, the old version had some security issues, and the newer version has a fix. But as with all new upgrades things change. Some like others do not. The key issue is the forum is more secure than it was and hopefully it will not go down like the old one did in the past.
                              So let me get this straight the only way that I can see my name when I press thanks is when I am logged off and does that apply to everyone for when I am logged on I cannot see my name but I can see the names of others who have given thanks and if this is the case then this forum is living in nutsville.

Tony

Comment

Working...
                              X