Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

    It can be different. It's not the new software necessarily. Over on the dark side it is almost like it used to be with the old software, Thanks button is there, statistics show, and the posts say "So and so says thank you for this useful post."

    Keep raisin' a stink Ridgid Forumers, it can be different.

  • #2
    Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

    Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
    It can be different. It's not the new software necessarily. Over on the dark side it is almost like it used to be with the old software, Thanks button is there, statistics show, and the posts say "So and so says thank you for this useful post."

    Keep raisin' a stink Ridgid Forumers, it can be different.
    Giving thanks is totally different having to be logged off to see you have given thanks why couldn`t they do the upgrade and leave it the way we used the forum the same as it was its just lazyness on the designers of our new forum

    Tony

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

      I suggest a stool softener and a nap.
      "HONK if you've never seen a gun fired from a moving Harley"

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

        I would be happy if they just made the text black again instead of the gray.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

          Originally posted by AFM View Post
          Giving thanks is totally different having to be logged off to see you have given thanks why couldn`t they do the upgrade and leave it the way we used the forum the same as it was its just lazyness on the designers of our new forum

          Tony
          I'm sorry if I did a poor job of explaining this but anytime you see "You gave thanks for this." you are the only you there is.

          Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

          I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

            Why's it gotta be the "dark" side?
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

              Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
              I'm sorry if I did a poor job of explaining this but anytime you see "You gave thanks for this." you are the only you there is.

              Mark
              Mark

              I give up

              Tony

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

                Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Why's it gotta be the "dark" side?
                Just don't want to offend anybody by naming another forum . Call it the bright side if you want, I'm just playing to the crowd I'm with, LOL!

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

                  I like how you can unthank as well
                  ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

                    Originally posted by SewerRat View Post
                    It can be different. It's not the new software necessarily. Over on the dark side it is almost like it used to be with the old software, Thanks button is there, statistics show, and the posts say "So and so says thank you for this useful post."

                    Keep raisin' a stink Ridgid Forumers, it can be different.
                    If you are talking about Plumbing Zone they are using vBulletin® Version 3.8.6 which is the old version. Ridgid has had a couple security issues with this version so they upgraded to the latest version that is put out by vBulletin which happens to be Version 4.1.3 The programmers over at vBulletin has made major changes since then. Which seems to include how the Thanks button works. As I said in the other thread about this it is a vBulletin thing and if you do not like it there is not much Ridgid admin can do than work with the settings within the vBulletin program that is given to them. So the people to complain to, and give suggestions to is vBulletin , this way on their next software patch or version upgrade it may end up having it work the way the forum users prefer verses the way the programmers think the users want it. Here is a link to their contact us page, feel free to tell them what you think of this version of their software. Be sure not to come off super negative, its helpful to tell them what you like and dislike about their software.
                    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

                      Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                      I like how you can unthank as well
                      I believe that existed in the previous version too.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

                        Originally posted by SewerRatz View Post
                        If you are talking about Plumbing Zone they are using vBulletin® Version 3.8.6 which is the old version. Ridgid has had a couple security issues with this version so they upgraded to the latest version that is put out by vBulletin which happens to be Version 4.1.3 The programmers over at vBulletin has made major changes since then. Which seems to include how the Thanks button works. As I said in the other thread about this it is a vBulletin thing and if you do not like it there is not much Ridgid admin can do than work with the settings within the vBulletin program that is given to them. So the people to complain to, and give suggestions to is vBulletin , this way on their next software patch or version upgrade it may end up having it work the way the forum users prefer verses the way the programmers think the users want it. Here is a link to their contact us page, feel free to tell them what you think of this version of their software. Be sure not to come off super negative, its helpful to tell them what you like and dislike about their software.
                        Talking about DCF. Running the new software as well.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Those of you who don't like the new Thanks button

                          Yeah when I saw this "new look" ..I said yep exactly like the drain cleaning forum..why?
                          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X