• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now that the dust has settled...

Thanks for asking..

1 -Get rid of the generic cheesy as* smilies
    2-Get the smilies to load quicker
    3-The whole process of how you now have to post pictures sucks..Having to create albums and all that.Again
    4- I now need reading glasses to feel comfortable seeing the screen .Darker print or different background please.Again 2 thumbs down
    4- I too do not like change so please no more
    .It also takes too long for the screen to refresh
    Last edited by OLD1; 06-11-2011, 11:51 AM.
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Les Paul Google tribute. I think that's the first one they left up for 2 days.

I SUCK at making a tune with it. Can't even hear it in my head. Let alone click it out.

Yours is pretty good!

J.C.

Not me! Check it out!

Les Paul's 96th Birthday
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
        Not me! Check it out!

Les Paul's 96th Birthday
        That actually sounds better than most Heavy Metal licks.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Changes:
          • Todays Post link in quick link drop down.
          • Updated smilies dropdown to 20 previews instead of 35. Should load faster.
          • Put the old smilies above the new ones in the drop down.
          • Font color on the whole forum has been changed to full black.
          • Search has been re-indexed. Hope this helps the search result issues.
          Thanks everyone for the feedback!!

Comment

We of aging eyes thank you for the text returning to black, much easier on the eyes against the gray background. Frank

Comment

thanks for the feedback and fix. the original 104 old smileys still take time to load. any chance of speeding those up or just eliminating the new smileys that are pretty well useless

it's amazing for a grown up tool forum to be complaining about smileys but i have an excuse, phoebe watches and helps me post now. she likes the old smileys too so much so that she ripped out my enter button and it's lost now

thanks,

rick and phoebe
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                thanks for the feedback and fix. the original 104 old smileys still take time to load. any chance of speeding those up or just eliminating the new smileys that are pretty well useless

it's amazing for a grown up tool forum to be complaining about smileys but i have an excuse, phoebe watches and helps me post now. she likes the old smileys too so much so that she ripped out my enter button and it's lost now

thanks,

rick and phoebe
                The extra 104 smilies are about 500kb or half of a mb. The new 11 smilies are about 20kb. Deleting those will not speed up the loading time much. The only way i see to speed up the loading of 104 smilies is to deleted some of the useless ones. Rick if you have any suggestions on which ones could be deleted let me know. Also after the first time of loading the smilies, they should be cached up in your browser, which in return will load much faster the next time you click extra smilies.

Comment

SAVE ALL THE SMILIES, SAVE ALL THE SMILIES, SAVE ALL THE SMILIES

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                    I'll have to have the IT guys look into what changed about the search. May have a different setting that before.
                    What was the response on the search functions?
                    It appears that nothing has changed, the search is still dysfunctional.
                    As an example I searched on TC-40 and it found nothing.
                    When I searched on "now that the dust" (which I think is probably a unique phrase to this one thread) I got a bunch of hits and this thread which should have been at the top was down at about 16. doesn't seem right.
                    Last edited by Bob D.; 06-21-2011, 07:39 AM.
                    ---------------
                    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                    ---------------
                    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                    ---------
                    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                    ---------
                    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

List of smiles that can go (as far as I am concerned).

I was looking through this thread and see that candidates for elimination were requested, so here's my list:

First off it appears that you can only access smiles from the advanced editor now is that correct?

I see that the oversized "this post is usless without pics" smiley no longer appears in the list so that one is already out which is fine with me.

For the others I think the easiest way is to just include the smiles I vote to go in this post, so that is what you see below.

The worthless w/o pics smiley is still there, its just that the icon was so small I couldn't recognize it. At any rate a smaller version of this smiley would be great, but this thing should go. its rarely used anyway.

That's my 2¢ anyway on the subject.

Dump all the above and you'll have about half remaining which should load much faster.
                      Last edited by Bob D.; 06-21-2011, 12:50 PM.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      ---------
                      ---------

Comment

---------------
                        ---------------
                        ---------
                        ---------

Comment

---------------
                          ---------------
                          ---------
                          ---------

Comment

Had to break the list up as there is a limit of 15 per post.
                            ---------------
                            ---------------
                            ---------
                            ---------

Comment

And another thing...what happened to the "Report this Post" button?

Did it create too much work for someone or maybe I was the only one who used it.

Or maybe it's not needed any longer with the new security features.

If that's the case that's fine, just wondering.

Did I kick up enough dust for ya??? (I'd insert a smiley here but I would have to go to Advanced Mode and its not worth the trouble.)
                              Last edited by Bob D.; 06-21-2011, 07:59 AM. Reason: I had two cups of coffee this morning. :)
                              ---------------
                              ---------------
                              ---------
                              ---------

Comment

The "Report This Post" is still there but it's kinda hidden. It's the little triangle icon that is to the right of the "Blog This Post" prompt.
                                Last edited by BadgerDave; 06-21-2011, 09:51 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X