Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Now that the dust has settled...

And another thing.

Something tha is a PITA for me to get used to and I don't know if it bugs the sh!t out of anyone else but in the old version of vB when you clicked on a thumbnail it opened a popup window with a larger size image, then if you clicked on the popup image it opend full size in a new browser window, leaving the original window intact viewing the thread. I then would just close this new window and be back where I left off in the thread, very quick and easy.

But now, it opens full size into the same window that was used to view the thread. If you don't use the back button but close the window as worked in the previous version, you end up closing the browser window you were viewing the thread in and you are out of the forum altogether!!

This is a real PITA when you are writing a long post and adding some photos and want to preview it. The preview does not open in a new window, it opens in the same window you are editing the post inn and when you close it (old dogs like me can't (or won't) learn new tricks) you lose everything you were writing in your reply. I can't tell you the number of times I have got 10 minutes or more into writing up something I was doing in the shop and I previewed it and forgot and closed the darn browser window and lost everything. I end up cursing the SOB that made the F-ing changes in the software and I don't bother to spend another 10 minutes writing my post all over again.

I still say other than whatever security improvements were gained the new 'look' and 'features' SUCK!!!

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Has anyone else lost their blog entries with the "upgrade" to the new version of vBulletin?

I noticed today that mine are now gone. No real loss, there was nothing award winning
      about the blog entries and the photos I had posted there I have copies of.

Also, what security is in place for making blog entries? Steps have been taken to secure
      the forum threads from being abused by spammers but what about someone who joins then
      creates a blog entry spewing their junk and what if what they post in their blog is not legal
      such as one made today which talks about how to circumvent DRM on music obtained from Amazon.
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      ---------
      ---------

Comment

Well I am still at a loss that the only way I can see that I have giving thanks is when I am logged off which makes the whole purpose of giving thanks and not being able to see when logged on usless.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaster
          Heres a tip. When your logged in.....and the thanks button is not available.....you have already given thanks. AND in the lower left hand of the post your looking at it will have a couple names and say "you" gave thanks to this post.

No sirens go off or flashing lights but its there.

Your not trying to thank your own posts are ya? I would thank my own posts if I could. I feel like they all deserve it. lol
          Now you said it I feel the same way I deserve all the thanks I can get.

PS what the hell does LOL mean

Tony

Comment

lol

laugh out loud

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

I've noticed when going back into threads where I have posted comments that sometimes the text in posts from myself and others seems to have been altered or should I say scrambled somehow. As an example look at my post in the thread below. I have no idea what I supposedly said here, doesn't look like anything I would have get out without a spell check and a read through at least once for comprehensibility.

When did I ever let a sentence like this get posted?

Wasn't China we have fought on a instances.

I have no idea what the above means.
              I don't remember exactly but it read something like this when I posted it.

Wasn't China who we have fought on more than one instance?

http://www.ridgidforum.com/forum/t32220-2/#post348307

Apparently no one else lost their blog posts when vB was 'upgraded' since no one commented on my question the other day.
              ---------------
              ---------------
              ---------
              ---------

Comment

Working...
              X