X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Now that the dust has settled...

and the thank you function is back ;-) How are you guys adapting to the new forum software? Anyone noticed some of the new features that are easier to use? Seems to be much more secure as far as fake posts as well which makes our jobs easier.

Anything else you guys would like to see modified?

Josh

Re: Now that the dust has settled...

Under Quick "Links there used to be a link to the past 24 hours posts, I can't find such a link now.

Totally unrelated; JC, try your guitar talent with this link.
    I did a few notes just to try it out which you will hear when you follow the link below.
    Google
    Last edited by Bob D.; 06-10-2011, 09:01 AM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
      Under Quick "Links there used to be a link to the past 24 hours posts, I can't find such a link now.
      bob, by marking forums read, then you can go back and read the last 24hrs. but it's a hassle and i've missed lots of new post too.

defiantly would like to see the link connected back up.

also the smileys are back, but the good ones that we use to have take too long to load when clicking on the link at the bottom of the page

and you know how i like my smileys

get rid of the new ones and bring back the old smileys

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Josh, maybe it's my eyes getting old but the body of text we read and post seems gray rather than black. I don't know if it's the background not white or what but it does not appear as a sharp contrast of black against white. Not a deal breaker for enjoying the Forum, just a little difficult on the eyes. Thank you. Frank

Comment

Maybe its just me but I don't find this new format any easier to use than the previous one. In some areas, I actually find it a little more difficult to use. Once its been around awhile it will become second nature I suppose.
          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post

Totally unrelated; JC, try your guitar talent with this link.
            I did a few notes just to try it out which you will hear when you follow the link below.
            Google
            Les Paul Google tribute. I think that's the first one they left up for 2 days.

I SUCK at making a tune with it. Can't even hear it in my head. Let alone click it out.

Yours is pretty good!

J.C.

Comment

I like the new look.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post

Anything else you guys would like to see modified?

Josh
                Thanks for asking! I would like you to turn Rick into a grown up. What is the turn around time on this?
                I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Couple of things other than what was mentioned above;

Has the search engine changed? I can't find anything now. Most of my searches come back empty or with just a few hits.

Some of the pages seem to take a couple of seconds to load like when I click on NEW POSTS. Thought it was just my machine but I've tried others and still a lag time before the page loads. Maybe I'm just getting old and impatient. I want everything to happen RIGHT NOW! Those few seconds seem like eternity.

Comment

I'll have to have the IT guys look into what changed about the search. May have a different setting that before.

Comment

Thanks, you can use the keyboard home row ( ASDFG HJKL; )
                      in place of using the mouse as a pick.

Unfortunately using Shift, Alt, or Ctrl have no affect on the notes.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        Thanks for asking! I would like you to turn Rick into a grown up. What is the turn around time on this?
                        C'mon, Joey--Josh is good, but he is NOT a miracle worker!!!

Comment

The new layout is definitely growing on me and I'm really starting to like it. The biggest thing for me was the actual "change", as I don't like change very much when it comes to message boards.

- The search function also gives me "fits" when I'm looking for something.

- Still not crazy about the new "thanks" button look, but there are greater tragedies in the world I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                            I'll have to have the IT guys look into what changed about the search. May have a different setting that before.
                            I can't find any threads I posted in, but can find threads I started.

One thing I do enjoy about the new layout is I can tell now which threads I have looked at, posted in, and whatnot alot easier. Before everything seemed like it was all one color and boldness. I enjoy having the thread preview too.
                            We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                              Morning Joey ,and Dear Little Phoeby. Ridgid, is a tool Co. I believe what You need is more like CIRQUE DU SOLEIL ! They Perform Magic. Be Well. Kevin
                              I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Working...
                              X