Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What all of you would have done yesterday !

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What all of you would have done yesterday !

I'm waiting to fuel up My 18 Yd. Dump in line at the one Diesel pump. I had to back in and was azz to azz to a white new Lexus behind Me. I,m watching a white haired Man in His 80s, I,m guessing, fuel up in My rear view mirrors. FINALLY ,He's Leaving. Put in reverse , As he gets in I see Him putting in his wallet Azz pocket. It Hits the ground! I hit Pulled The Air, Jumped out. Just as He was ready to hit the exit,I rapped hard on his rear fender. He rolled down the window,looking pissed! I smiled and said , " You may need this today", Handed Him His wallet. We both laughed out loud! I saw what looked like a sheriffs badge in the open wallet on the ground.
    Probably a W.W. 2 Vet. to boot. DAM THAT FELT GOOD!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: What all of you would have done yesterday !

a few years back i was rounding the corner outside a gas station and noticed a wallet in the gutter. stopped and picked it up.

called joey at work and she started tracking down the kid. finally found his dad online at his dental office.

they came over that night and offered a reward. i turned it down.

next day, there must have been a $75.00 flower delivery at the door.

i would have settled for a $10.00 baskin robbins 31 flavors card.

then i have the complete opposite story while at the usc football game tailgating in the park.

a wad of hundreds was on a park bench a couple feet from an older guy. i know it wasn't his, but i mentioned if he dropped it. he snagged it up faster than me at a candy store. what could i say?

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Nice! I love doing stuff like that. I saw a lady drop her keys while standing in line at Jimmy Johns and went to walk away and she had no clue she had dropped them. Of course I let her know. My dad found a wallet in a grochery store parking lot once. He turned it in, still full of the cash that was in it of course. He got a call from the guy a day later that owned it (store took my dads contact info down). The guy was so thankful, that he gave my dad a quarter of a cow worth of beef! (he owned a beef cattle ranch)

Comment

One time a lady had left Big 5 with roller blades and shoes for her kids(christmas). She put the stuff on her bed rails, opened the door, got in and drove off. I chased her down 2-3 miles trying to get her attention to pull over so I can "sell her some stuff" that she had just bought. She was very irritated at me until she realized that it was "her" stuff i was trying to give back to her....
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by masterbeavis View Post
          One time a lady had left Big 5 with roller blades and shoes for her kids(christmas). She put the stuff on her bed rails, opened the door, got in and drove off. I chased her down 2-3 miles trying to get her attention to pull over so I can "sell her some stuff" that she had just bought. She was very irritated at me until she realized that it was "her" stuff i was trying to give back to her....
          THAT is beautiful! What Part of N.Y. are You from? J. Leno could use You, Next trip over the bridge Get out and throw those tools in the river. You're wasting Your real talent !
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

My daughter found a wallet last summer "with, like a thousand bucks".. probably more like a hundred.
            She called me, and since she was very near the police station, I told her to bring it in. They took her info.
            The guy got his wallet and $$$ back and that was that. No reward, no thank-you note, no thatnk-you call, nothing.

I think when a kid does "the right thing" they should be rewarded, at the very least a big thank-you and an explanation ie: That is my grocery money and that's all i have, if you didn't return that I don't know how I would have fed my family this week.

That way they can learn that their actions do effect others. ie: I could keep this money and get a new video game, but that might mean a man will not be able to feed his family or pay his rent. Is it worth it?
            Kids don't come pre-wired to think this way, it's something that is learned.

My daughter thinks just like me, so I know her very first thought when she opened that wallet was 'oh, boy. yeah haw I'm gonna get me some new shoes, expensive make up, and that short skirt dad won't buy me' followed by knock knock knock "Kaleigh, this is your morels speaking" Oh man, again with the morels? oh well it was fun to think about. I'd better get this back to the guy.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

When I was a kid (fifty years ago) my mother found a wallet while we were at the park. I think the only thing in it was the man's license, this was before credit cards and such. She was able to get him on the phone and as I remember he actually got nasty saying there was money missing. There was a time I expected folks to say thank you for acts of kindness or good manners on my part, these days I do good deeds and keep my good manners because it is who I am and want to be regardless of the other person. Sometimes folks can be very disappointing, I've learned I can't control their behavior. I do find it refreshing when there is a thank you or some other kind response.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                My daughter found a wallet last summer "with, like a thousand bucks".
                The guy got his wallet and $$$ back and that was that. No reward, no thank-you note, no thatnk-you call, nothing.

I think when a kid does "the right thing" they should be rewarded, at the very least a big thank-you....

I agree to some extent, but there is one thing I would like to add. If people were to do things expecting a prize every time they did something right, if they didn't get one, they demand it and get indignant ( for instance my girlfriends kids.) I have to keep teaching them that just because they did something right, or or did what they were supposed to do, don't expect a reward for it, but keep doing it anyways because its the right thing to do. They are starting to catch on, but they do look forward to getting rewarded (kids are 10, 8.5 and 5.75yrs.)
                We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
                  When I was a kid (fifty years ago) my mother found a wallet while we were at the park. I think the only thing in it was the man's license, this was before credit cards and such. She was able to get him on the phone and as I remember he actually got nasty saying there was money missing. There was a time I expected folks to say thank you for acts of kindness or good manners on my part, these days I do good deeds and keep my good manners because it is who I am and want to be regardless of the other person. Sometimes folks can be very disappointing, I've learned I can't control their behavior. I do find it refreshing when there is a thank you or some other kind response.
                  Well, keep in mind, the man's wallet probably DID have money in it, which would mean someone probably stolen it, and ditched the wallet. So, the man's anger is pretty understandable. Today, most people would be relieved when the worst thing to have happened is the money being stolen due to the sheer amount of damage a credit card can do, when in the wrong hands.

As for the topic on hand, the comedian Chris Rock said it quite well, "There are too many *****a's that expect a reward for doing things they are suppose to do!"

Comment

Working...
                  X