X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Send Good Thoughts to my Brother

My brother, went to the ER couple days ago. They checked him in to the hospital saying his liver is failing. They had him in a normal room till the other day. They moved him to the ICU cause he has turned for the worse. He started to hallucinate, had no idea where he was why he was there. They had to restrain him to his bed. The ICU nurse said he is having massive alcohol withdrawals.

I may not of had a lot of nice things to say about my brother, but still he is my brother and seeing like he is now is hard on me. We all knew this day was coming.... we tried to get him to stop drinking. If he pulls through I do pray he learns he can not drink anymore, that the alcohol will kill him. He been drinking beer and other booze for 35+ years nonstop, day in day out. It was to the point he had to have a beer in the morning just to function normally. *sighs*

I hope he comes out of this. Thank you for reading, I just had to say something to someone..
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Send Good Thoughts to my Brother

"Good Friends multiply our joys and divide our sorrows", I'll say a prayer that he does not suffer. Try to spend some time near his bedside and even if he is not awake, tell him what's in your heart.
    Take care. Frank

Comment

First I am sorry for the problem your bother has, I do hope for his recovery, and that he would have a will to separate him self from the addiction, and I pray for you and the family that has to live about his addiction.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Ron I hope and pray for a speedy recovery for your brother
        Rod
        MT. Washington Sewer & Drain Cleaning
        Serving Berlin, NH and North Conway, NH areas
        http://unclognh.com
        http://mtwashingtonseweranddrainclea...m/default.aspx

Charging less does not mean more call volume it just means you have to work harder to reach your goals.

Comment

Just came back from the ICU. He still not 100% right in the head. The nurse says he has his lucid moments now and then but they do not last long. I met with the doc, he said when he first met Greg he was as normal as he can be, but 24 hours later he crashed which is normal for someone that used to having his booze daily being cut off like that. Was told it may take weeks before his head clears up. His liver is on its last legs. The only way he would be put on a donor list is if he stays sober for years... trouble is he might not have years with his current liver. The doc said he can not tell how much his liver is still working till he is done detoxing.

Thank you for the thoughts and prayers.

Comment

I'm sorry Ron.
            I will pray for your family

Comment

ron, it's nice you share your family matters with us all. it helps when we can all support you and your family.

wishing all gets better and the next news is good news.

when your brother gets better, please share this thread with him. it should help him on his road to recovery.

rick and joey.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Hope things turn around for your brother Ron. I could never understand why hospitals think abrupt removal of drugs is a good idea, instead of a slow removal/taper off with alcohol.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Will keep both of you in my prayers.

Comment

Glad your brother is on the right path...our thoughts and prayers will be out to him.....Hang in there....
                    Poor Planning On Your Part Does Not Constitute An Emergency On My Part!!
                    You can fire me...but you can't tell me what to do!

Derek

Comment

Thoughts and prayers.

Comment

Sorry to hear it Ron. Hope it turns out to be the wake up call he needed to decide he wants to stop, and that he's got enough liver function left once he does.

I had to take my neighbor in to the er for something similar a few days ago. He's out of immediate danger at the moment and in inpatient care for a while, but shows no signs of recognizing the seriousness of his problem.

You do what you can. It's painful, because caring isn't enough, and you can't get dragged down along with them, and it's difficult to watch.

Do you have some support for yourself?
                        This is my reminder to myself that no good will ever come from discussing politics or religion with anyone, ever.

Comment

I never got into drinking like my brother. I do eat a bit to much. I do have some friends local to keep an eye and support me.

My brother is still not able to tell what is going on. Doc says it might be a week or so before he starts to be more coherent. My sister wants to make him stay at here place when he is well enough to get out. This way she can ensure he will not be around the same crowd he hung and drank with till he feels strong enough to come back.

Comment

I wish your brother well. Get him into a treatment program ASAP. I have some old high school friends and some family that have various problems of this type. Its sad because they are good people but made the wrong choices for one reason or another.

Comment

Ron - good luck with your brother - my prayers are with your family

Comment

Working...
                              X