X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Hits a House I almost bought

A few years back, I noticed this house was on a list of Rent to Own properties at this realtor's office. I inquired about it cause I always liked this house when I drove past it. The Realtor told me they just acquired it and they will have a price for it in 6 weeks. Well I am mildly impatient and called them in 3 weeks and I was informed it was sold already.

I felt like I had the worse luck in the world at that time. Sadly the people renting the house from the Realtor that bought it where unlucky that this happened but very lucky no one in their family got hurt or killed. Family talks about narrow escape from car that hit house - Beacon News
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Re: Car Hits a House I almost bought

You could call it fate, or good luck but some houses are built in bad spots. I've known of several over the years that got hit multiple times. One in the Bronx got hit three times and finally the owners installed 12" diameter cement poles about three feet tall twenty feet out from the house. The house was located on an inside turn. I don't remember any accidents after the install. Coincidence?

Comment

I read where a golf pro at a course in Massachusetts sold his home an moved to one closer to the course he works at. Three weeks later, the tornado that ripped through Springfield, MA. leveled his old house. Talk about lucky.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        You could call it fate, or good luck but some houses are built in bad spots. I've known of several over the years that got hit multiple times. One in the Bronx got hit three times and finally the owners installed 12" diameter cement poles about three feet tall twenty feet out from the house. The house was located on an inside turn. I don't remember any accidents after the install. Coincidence?
        Prior to the realtor buying the house for himself, it used to have a 6' tall fence in front. When he bought it he decided it was a good idea to take it down.

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
          Three weeks later, the tornado that ripped through Springfield, MA. leveled his old house. Talk about lucky.
          Heh, you know its safe(ish) to build in the exact same spot again, the chances are very high of a tornado striking the same area twice.(or so I have read)
          We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

A home in town was hit awhile back. How the guy did it without killing himself is beyond me. Fairly sharp turn at a "Y" intersection. He fell asleep and traveled 75' through a park, crossed the next street, over a lawn then INTO a living room.

About a week after the home owners got everything fixed up an older woman had a medical issue and crashed into the home (very minor, busted some wood and siding) next door.

The very next day a for sale sign appeared on the lawn of the first home.
            INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
            Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
              I read where a golf pro at a course in Massachusetts sold his home an moved to one closer to the course he works at. Three weeks later, the tornado that ripped through Springfield, MA. leveled his old house. Talk about lucky.
              Sir, if that Veteren's Public Golf Course is the one you are refering to, then that tornado came 75 yards away from my house. Looks like they are going to be a nine hole course this year. Nearby Lake Lookout is right.

Also, in the Random thoughts thread, I posted links to an online photo gallery, hosted by a local newspaper, of the devastated areas.
              Last edited by tailgunner; 06-17-2011, 07:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Gene Bickford View Post
                A home in town was hit awhile back. How the guy did it without killing himself is beyond me. Fairly sharp turn at a "Y" intersection. He fell asleep and traveled 75' through a park, crossed the next street, over a lawn then INTO a living room.

About a week after the home owners got everything fixed up an older woman had a medical issue and crashed into the home (very minor, busted some wood and siding) next door.

The very next day a for sale sign appeared on the lawn of the first home.

Got this pic off my brothers FB. This is the first house that got hit. the house to the left is the one that got bumped a short time later.
                INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

how about the house that hit the car

during the 94 northridge quake, my bronco was parked in the driveway. the kitchen planter window hit the side of the bronco's fiberglass shell and popped a hole in it. aluminum window frame got dinged, but no broken glass.

fiberglass shell got repaired.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

There was a car crash yesterday, it did not hit a house but it did hit a tree in the yard and split the car in half. Three died and one injured that where in the car, the car was stolen and the girl was driving at a very high rate of speed. I would not know how I would handle this news if it was my daughter. I pray for the parants of the teenagers. 3 dead, 1 injured in crash of stolen car in Prospect Heights - Chicago Breaking News

3 Teens Die in Stolen Car Crash | NBC Chicago

Comment

Here is another link to the recent crash with more pictures. Three killed, One Injured in Car vs. Tree Crash on Camp McDonald Rd, Prospect Heights¬*|¬*The Cardinal Man this week alone there has been way to many fatal car crashes around here. It makes me happy that my daughter waited to get her drivers licsance... well she still waiting but the fact she did not get it when she is 16 makes me feel better.

Comment

Working...
                      X