• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Having a spa, hot tub

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    i'm digging the shower arm. what is it?

rick.
    Honestly Rick, I don't know.

You know how you have that pile of things that accumulate over time? I put this together with some of them.

I do recall a few years ago putting in one that was almost exactly the same made by Danze. Might be that....

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Done! I think..... Always room for improvement.

J.C.
      That Looks great! When I built My house on cape Cod We were near the beach. I had an outside shower.
      I used Used shutters off the ground with a door for privacy. Nice when I returned from clamming in the bay Mud.
      I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

The picture of the outdoor shower brings two thoughts.
        1) source of dhw?
        2) waste removal?

Comment

Originally posted by plumbus View Post
          the picture of the outdoor shower brings two thoughts.
          1) source of dhw?
          2) waste removal?
          busted, you're tough , Irishman ! Tell Dominic We'll fly out Dan shea from S.F.! Every time I go to Cal. Steam S.F. ,I ask plumbers for their best Dan Shea story! That washer box at 1/4" too long would have been busted at 1/8 " !
          Last edited by toolaholic; 07-01-2011, 08:29 AM.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
            1) source of dhw?
            2) waste removal?
            I have it connected on both sides to independent RPZ's behind the fence.

I stand in a washtub when used and then take the wastewater to the local treatment plant.

Nothing is off a 1/4" either.

J.C.

Comment

I am working with a campground right now that wanted to use bio soap with open air showers so they could divert the water to a small garden. The health department said they do not allow any gray water reuse even though it is permitted under the plumbing code.

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by jcsplumbing View Post
                i have it connected on both sides to independent rpz's behind the fence.

I stand in a washtub when used and then take the wastewater to the local treatment plant.

Nothing is off a 1/4" either.

J.c.
                this post is useless without pictures !!

Comment

Originally posted by Plumbus View Post
                  1) source of dhw?
                  2) waste removal?
                  For mine, I got an inexpensive Titan electric tankless for hot water. The tank is clear on the other side of the property, so the wait would be way too long. Mounted the tankless in a large NEMA Type 4 enclosure. It's powered by a dedicated circuit on a GFI breaker. Works great.

As for the waste, the floor of the shower is teak slats. Water runs through them, through the gaps between deck boards (trex) and into the french drain. It's mostly for rinsing off before/after spa use, so soap is seldom used. Probably would be frowned upon by No CA inspectors. Oh well.

A cool thing I added is a diverter and a foot shower. Mine is not built- it, it just stands on the hot tub deck. If I ever move, it's coming with me.

Comment

Thanks J.C., that beautiful outdoor shower ,woke me Up. We've been in this Home 8 years.In all that time I never used the outdoor shower mounted on the house wall near the spa.I up graded it to a Moen 8346 Sana Shower. I will do a redwood walkway from the spa over the concrete walkway.It's all very private. I enjoyed a balmy breeze this evening while cleaning up after work. Life is good!

Comment

I wanna see the pictures too, especially the one of you dumping the wash tub in the waste treatment plant settling pond. That I would post on my wall of fame.

Comment

I just hooked a old claw foot tub and outside shower up for a guy we get well below freezing here used one of those moen hot cold thermostatic frost free hose bibs couple fittings easy to drain maintenance free and works great for washing the dogs... but he also had 7 acres and were in the bones just a suggestion.
                        Last edited by seanny deep; 07-10-2011, 04:36 AM.

Comment

We are getting such pleasure from our new outside shower! Beth uses it every morn before work. I use it after work. 100%
                          private from neighbors view, of course. Love that hot water and a little breeze. We have subtle night down lights on redwood fence. Pretty at night. Epay 4'x5' duck boards go in, when i get a chance. 3 weeks no days off. Off to work, thanks for looking,

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                            We are getting such pleasure from our new outside shower! Beth uses it every morn before work. I use it after work. 100%
                            private from neighbors view, of course. Love that hot water and a little breeze. We have subtle night down lights on redwood fence. Pretty at night. Epay 4'x5' duck boards go in, when i get a chance. 3 weeks no days off. Off to work, thanks for looking,
                            I never understood why anyone would want to bath before work. No need to clean until gotten dirty. Seems an
                            office worker/white collar mentality from my blue collar perspective.

Comment

Yea strange! We even brushes our teeth ! Must be an East coast thing.

Comment

Working...
                              X