X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having a spa, hot tub

about 8 Years ago We put in a sundance spa when We bought Our home. I've installed
    4 others for customers.It's just about 7Ft.from out bedroom sliding door. Under a big pine tree and private from any neighbors view. What makes it special ,besides the comfort, is this. No TV, computer, phone. You share the days happenings with each other, and actually communicate. We use ours about 4 nights a week. Some Sun. Morns I go out By myself at day break, and just watch the Birds by myself. I strongly
    Having one ! Enjoy.
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Re: Having a spa, hot tub

Tool
    My spa at Donner is a hole I pour money into. This year it's backrest pillows and a new cover. The old pillows were decomposing due to chlorine gas and the cover got double wammied by snow on the top and too high a water level on the bottom, thanks to my braindead renters.

Comment

Renters=fail when it comes to them maintaining anything! They could screw up a wet dream if it were up to them. Landlords have DEEEEP pockets for replacing things at will dontchaknow??
      We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

No hot tub Tooly, working on an outside shower though.....

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
          about 8 Years ago We put in a sundance spa when We bought Our home. I've installed
          4 others for customers.It's just about 7Ft.from out bedroom sliding door. Under a big pine tree and private from any neighbors view. What makes it special ,besides the comfort, is this. No TV, computer, phone. You share the days happenings with each other, and actually communicate. We use ours about 4 nights a week. Some Sun. Morns I go out By myself at day break, and just watch the Birds by myself. I strongly
          Having one ! Enjoy.
          I too have a Sundance Spa and it is a great place to relax in the evenings. My only problem was when my new puppy Rosie decided the cover was her chew toy. First she started with the apron. After she got a little taller she started to jump the 40" to get on top of the spa. As if things weren't bad enough she began digging a hole in the cover. Fearing she would dig through it and drown I decided one of them had to go. Because I became attached to Rosie I opted for a new aluminum cover and kept Rosie.

US Covers - About Us

BTW: Check the fifth cover down.

Mark
          "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

THE CAT IN THE HOT TUB WITH TOOL! One Night Mom was reading in bed , So Tool hopped in alone. Raised only 1/2 the double cover,slunk down His Lil bald head, and hit the jets on Hi to soothe His aching lower back. Well the spa is 1 Ft. off of our long 6' High redwood fences. We have fruit trees ,and the neighbors Cats Patrol these fences for MICKEY THE RATS! All of a sudden I see a kat flying in the air landing in the tub with Me! Goes Under , digs His claws into My upper thigh, and makes a leak to just grab the raised 1/2 cover. I am bleeding down My leg, Laughing soo hard i can't tell Beth what Happened! She screams " You're bleeding, and getting blood on the WHITE CARPET ! Months later on a sat. nite He did it again, to Beth!
            Have Brenda ask Beth if this is a LIE, If You don't believe Me!! I was inside on the computer. She came in Very upset," I was screaming {Sat nite 9 P.M.] DIDN'T You hear Me? " Me " What are the neighbors going to think ,I WAS DOING to YOU ??" Life is great !
            Last edited by toolaholic; 06-26-2011, 02:18 PM.
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

More than once Rosie has tried to jump up on her Sun Deck (spa cover) while I am in there with half a cover open. She has only landed in the spa the first time it happened. All the other times she suddenly becomes Super Dog and clears the open side to safely land on the closed side.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                More than once Rosie has tried to jump up on her Sun Deck (spa cover) while I am in there with half a cover open. She has only landed in the spa the first time it happened. All the other times she suddenly becomes Super Dog and clears the open side to safely land on the closed side.

Mark
                Why. am I Guessing ROSIE ,IS A BLACK OR YELLER LAB.! Son Brian, has Siearra [ black Lab].and Daughter#1 Kathy Has [Ruby
                black Lab.] They NEVER made a bad Lab! Paleezze Beth "We need a black Lab.!!"

Comment

Why. am I Guessing ROSIE ,IS A BLACK OR YELLER LAB.! Son Brian, has Siearra [ black Lab].and Daughter#1 Kathy Has [Ruby
                  LOL-I'm so disappointed, you totally missed my link. Go back and look at the link I posted. Rosie is the black & white springer laying on the fifth cover down.

Mark
                  Last edited by ToUtahNow; 06-26-2011, 06:27 PM.

Comment

we had a small insta spa and it was cheep and lasted 5 years . we were in it all the time and loved it
                    i cant wait to get my house built in Maine and have a new in the yard looking out at the lake
                    Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                    http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                    http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Here is a picture of Rosie sunning on the spa cover with one of her rope toys. Other than muddy paw prints she has not been able to hurt the new cover.

Mark
                      Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HVAC HAWK View Post
                        we had a small insta spa and it was cheep and lasted 5 years . we were in it all the time and loved it
                        i cant wait to get my house built in Maine and have a new in the yard looking out at the lake
                        Use to visit Marshall Creek in the Poconos. Are You Moving to Maine ? Both are Awesome states .

Comment

i live in south east PA now and moving to the lake region of Maine in a year and yes they are nice
                          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
                          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
                          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Done! I think..... Always room for improvement.

J.C.
                            Attached Files

Comment

i'm digging the shower arm. what is it?

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X