X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smart Phones

Okay I am about ready to throw in the towel on my latest BlackBerry. What do you use, how do you like it and why?

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Re: Smart Phones

virgin mobile optimus lg.

Likes-
    Flat fee every month. $60
    unlimited everything.
    Use droid technology so the apps are many.
    Corresponds with my gmail account so if you ever lose your phone, it updates your new phone with you contact list.

Dislikes-
    terrible camera
    has a touch screen so I sometime end up butt dialing.

Rick and Adam can add to list if they wish as they have the same phone.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Never had a smart phone....ever!

But it's a toss up between the i-phone and Droid. MY wife has the droid and loves it.

The i-pad would be more suitable for me. I always choose phones that are some what water resistant because of our trade, so no Angry Birds for me.

Comment

remember mark. it's called a smart phone for a reason.

so if you're not smart, then don't bother as you have enough on your plate and you're an old dog

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
          remember mark. it's called a smart phone for a reason.

so if you're not smart, then don't bother as you have enough on your plate and you're an old dog

rick.
          "Wise, old dog Dog, pup " "He own's 1/2 of Utah, for a reason, SON! " We'll actually, Brenda, owns it. Mark get's, to play with it .
          Last edited by toolaholic; 06-26-2011, 05:19 PM.
          I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Srrint evo [android] Finally got a replacement. love it
            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

I turned in my Storm for a Droid X, I like the large screen and the android apps are a whole lot better than Blackberry's. Also the fact I have a 16G SD card in it helps with downloading PDF's and work orders. I have dropped this phone a 100 times even in puddles and it still working. Oh and I do not have any kind of bodyglove or otterbox on it.
              Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
              A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
              Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
              Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

HTC EVO 4G running Android 2.3 on Sprints' Everything Data 450 plan.
                That's 450 minutes to landline phones, and unlimited on everything else
                including any mobile phone on any carrier.
                Phone has been great, I've had it about a year now.

Sprint service has been great except for a few very rural areas of Salem county
                where there are more cows than people there is little coverage from any of the carriers.

The HTC EVO has been a great phone, but like most of the other smart phones they have
                a hunger for power, and will gnaw on your battery all day. If you are careful about what
                xmtrs you leave powered on you can get through a day. But if you leave the GPS, WiFi, and/or
                Bluetooth on you will be looking for a transfusion by Noon. A big part of my phone draining the
                battery so fast is where I work it is tough to get a signal to begin with and then when you get
                inside the buildings which are mostly heavy walled concrete you won't get a signal at all and
                the phone is constantly searching for a tower which consumes power quickly. I usually go to
                Airplane mode when I know I'm going to be in one of these buuildings for any amount of time.
                When I am home and within 1.5 miles of the nearest tower I can go all day w/o a recharge.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                  Okay I am about ready to throw in the towel on my latest BlackBerry. What do you use, how do you like it and why?

Mark
                  My new I Phone makes my old Blackberry look like a beeper! I can run my whole business from an I phone.
                  You can lose with me, but you can't win without me!.... PPI

Comment

The iphone is the way to go Mark its the best mobile phone I have had since my first in 1990 which was a brick and I mean a brick in the size and weight.

Tony

Comment

The notion of having to pay extra for a data plan pisses me right the f off. How in hell did we ever get to the point where that stupid device has become the center of our attention. Anybody telling you that it is a necessity is just making excuses for wasting money and time. My phone rings. I answer it.
                      sigpic

Comment

The main reason I went to a smart phone is to get the company e-mails. I get a lot of out of town corporations that send me a work order through the e-mail and getting it in a timely manner helps a whole lot.
                        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
                        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
                        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
                        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
                          The notion of having to pay extra for a data plan pisses me right the f off. How in hell did we ever get to the point where that stupid device has become the center of our attention. Anybody telling you that it is a necessity is just making excuses for wasting money and time. My phone rings. I answer it.
                          Wow keep thinking like that! If thats the case why do you even have a cell phone? Go back to using a land line. I can run my whole business from a I Phone. Quickbooks, credit cards, advertising, business emails, all my license info, website, just to name some of the things that can be done for $25 extra a month. When a customer calls me I can look up past work done there, run there credit card from my phone and send them an invoice all in a matter of minutes. Anyone telling you that it is NOT a necessity is over 50 and still uses the yellow pages to advertise!

Comment

You can do all those things indeed but I'd bet that 80% of what actually gets "done" is wasting time. I have 13 plumbers and three office people working for the company and I run my business from my office not on a damn cell phone. Even if I wanted to run my business from the cab of a pick up truck I would do it on a lap top where I can see the damn screen. You have bought into the this gigantic marketing and sales hype that has convinced the whole world that they can't possibly exist without their smart phones. Smart phone, who's the smart one? Oh and I don't know who's data plan you have but I guarantee it ain't 25 bucks a month for the full boat.
                            sigpic

Comment

Verizon is $25 for the data plan...Unlimited use. Not saying its better to run a company from the phone. Just saying its pretty amazing that it can be run from a phone... So I guess your 13 plumbers all use beepers and pay phones or did all the marketing and sales hype make you switch to cell phones? You act like a smart phone is something they are selling on a infomercial.

Comment

Working...
                              X