Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Throwing Stones

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Re: Throwing Stones SORRY CHRIS,ONLY 1 WAY OUT !!

    Here's the thing with the Anthony case. If that had been a poor ghetto family the coverage would have been nil. If Casey was a 300lb heiffer the coverage would have been nil.
    sigpic

    Comment


    • #32
      Re: Throwing Stones SORRY CHRIS,ONLY 1 WAY OUT !!

      Originally posted by NHMaster3015 View Post
      Here's the thing with the Anthony case. If that had been a poor ghetto family the coverage would have been nil. If Casey was a 300lb heiffer the coverage would have been nil.
      The media could probably save hundreds of lives if they used one tenth of the time they waste covering this story on educating the public on child safety. Regarding the case, any mother who doesn't immediately report a missing child and goes on to party may be insane, may be guilty of murder but is for sure in need of a good beating. The trial should have been handled and covered locally. We have national issues that far outweigh this tragic story.

      Comment


      • #33
        Re: Throwing Stones SORRY CHRIS,ONLY 1 WAY OUT !!

        Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
        The media could probably save hundreds of lives if they used one tenth of the time they waste covering this story on educating the public on child safety. Regarding the case, any mother who doesn't immediately report a missing child and goes on to party may be insane, may be guilty of murder but is for sure in need of a good beating. The trial should have been handled and covered locally. We have national issues that far outweigh this tragic story.
        But doesn't that argue that all entertainment and public interest news stories in media should be replaced with public education on child safety? Isn't that taking it too far?

        The media is a reflection of the public. They are selling a product and they air what people want to see, whether it's the Anthony case or Scott Peterson or OJ Simpson or Dancing with the Stars or Charlie Sheen. Here in the 21st century, there is plenty of information available for anyone that wants to learn about any issue. However, you can't force information down people's throats. It's sad that many don't care... that they are so apathetic, disintereted or in denial. But that is the case. Some of us, such as yourself, do care. Good thing.

        Comment


        • #34
          Re: Throwing Stones SORRY CHRIS,ONLY 1 WAY OUT !!

          Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
          But doesn't that argue that all entertainment and public interest news stories in media should be replaced with public education on child safety? Isn't that taking it too far?

          The media is a reflection of the public. They are selling a product and they air what people want to see, whether it's the Anthony case or Scott Peterson or OJ Simpson or Dancing with the Stars or Charlie Sheen. Here in the 21st century, there is plenty of information available for anyone that wants to learn about any issue. However, you can't force information down people's throats. It's sad that many don't care... that they are so apathetic, disintereted or in denial. But that is the case. Some of us, such as yourself, do care. Good thing.
          Andy, I am not suggesting we take things to an extreme. The viewers want the exploit, gore, shocking stories, so you take that opportunity to spoon feed them some education. The media could easily have worked in some pool safety, ladder safety , etc around the trial. Wasted opportunity and it will cost lives as there are a lot of stupid people out there. Yes, I do care and I do try. You are observant unlike the many with there heads in the sand.

          Comment

          Working...
          X